redflyer
Topic Author

Al And Tipper Gore Separating

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:31 pm

And here I thought they had one of the best and most genuine marriages in politics. Goes to show not all is as it seems.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100601/ap_on_re_us/us_gore_separation
My other home is in the sky inside my Piper Cherokee 180.

gatorfan

RE: Al And Tipper Gore Separating

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:38 pm

maybe Al, Bill Clinton and John Edwards will move into an awesome bachelor pad together.

avek00

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Bill and Hillary are STILL going strong despite what the haters, naysayers, and moralizers had to say. I love it!
Live life to the fullest.

Doona

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Perhaps she got tired of Manbearpig?

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

redflyer
Topic Author

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Quoting avek00 (Reply 2):
Bill and Hillary are STILL going strong despite what the haters, naysayers, and moralizers had to say. I love it!

Bill and Hillary hunger for political power far more than they hunger for each other, and they're willing to put up a facade in order to obtain and retain whatever political power they get. IMO, they have a marriage of convenience. Al and Tipper Gore probably had more of what a marriage is really all about, which means they endured the trials and tribulations of a real marriage far more than Bill and Hillary ever did. But I suppose staying in a sham marriage in order to protect an image and to prove the naysayers and moralizers wrong can be considered "working hard at keeping a marriage alive". For whatever that is worth.
My other home is in the sky inside my Piper Cherokee 180.

BN747

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:35 am

Quoting redflyer (Thread starter):
And here I thought they had one of the best and most genuine marriages in politics.

They probably did, but even so people DO get tired of each other...particularly if they grow apart, which is something that may have occurred here ...a long time ago.

Quoting redflyer (Reply 4):
Bill and Hillary hunger for political power far more than they hunger for each other, and they're willing to put up a facade in order to obtain and retain whatever political power they ge

True, but yet no different from the majority of political married couples...most stay together for the 'sake of appearances'...the affection for another has long left the scene. Yet many hang together because they are more worried about 'what people will think' - like most people (...which I personally think is rather cowardly).

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

gatorfan

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 pm

it's getting serious - Tipper's divorce lawyer today said she would be asking for 1/2 of the internet as part of the divorce settlement.

Boeing1970

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Quoting gatorfan (Reply 6):
it's getting serious - Tipper's divorce lawyer today said she would be asking for 1/2 of the internet as part of the divorce settlement.

Lookout!

Here comes massive censorship!

1980's style!

Tipper to the rescue!

AGM100

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Quoting gatorfan (Reply 6):
Tipper's divorce lawyer today said she would be asking for 1/2 of the internet as part of the divorce settlement.

Anyone here the MSNBC commentator blaming the 2000 election for the divorce ! They actually said that it devastated the marriage .... these people are having acid flashbacks in the major way .

Sadly I wish no good for the man .... his speech in Dubai while 3rd marine were in hell is a terrible karma boomerang. He deserves misery ... and humiliation.

Hey Cheer up Al ! .... you will be ok ..your still young and attractive like us .... .
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

Superfly

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Sorry to read about tis.
Oh well.

Quoting Boeing1970 (Reply 7):
Here comes massive censorship!

1980's style!

I guess we can expect Dr. Righteous from the the Majority for Musical Morality to enforce the law.
Kilroy and Jonathan Chance better look out.

Anyone want to guess what I am referring to?  
Bring back the Concorde

gatorfan

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 8):
Anyone here the MSNBC commentator blaming the 2000 election for the divorce ! They actually said that it devastated the marriage .... these people are having acid flashbacks in the major way .

Look, I'm no fan of Al Gore but I could definitely see how the whole 2000 election mess could seriously screw up a marriage. Hell, to have worked all your life for that one moment and to see it get screwed up the way it did - it's got to be devastating.

Let's be honest, I firmly believe that G.W.B. won the elections because he had the most # of votes cast in Florida. However, I also know that because of the confusion over the butterfly ballot the majority of people who voted for Buchanan did not intend to do so - thereby costing Al Gore the presidency. That's got to sting. Remember Tipper already had a well documented bout with depression.

OA412
Crew

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:29 am

Quoting gatorfan (Reply 10):
Look, I'm no fan of Al Gore but I could definitely see how the whole 2000 election mess could seriously screw up a marriage. Hell, to have worked all your life for that one moment and to see it get screwed up the way it did - it's got to be devastating.

Exactly. It is entirely within the realm of possibility that the 2000 election could very well have strained their marriage. The entire fiasco would have affected anyone in Gore's place.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

fridgmus

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:50 am

Quoting redflyer (Reply 4):

Good one!

I really didn't see this coming. Even at 61, Tipper's still quite attractive. (Be nice you guys!)

In the Yahoo article it stated that their son, Albert III, got pulled over for doing 100 mph in a Prius. I didn't think a Prius could go that fast!

Anyway, I'm not a Gore fan, but I wish them well.
The Lockheed Super Constellation, the REAL Queen of the Skies!

Superfly

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:57 am

Quoting fridgmus (Reply 12):
I really didn't see this coming. Even at 61, Tipper's still quite attractive. (Be nice you guys!)

Anyway, I'm not a Gore fan, but I wish them well.

My hope is that he found a younger, hotter treehugger.

Bring back the Concorde

soon7x7

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Quoting avek00 (Reply 2):

If you call that an authentic, strong marriage, I'll eat my shorts and yours!            

fridgmus

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 13):
My hope is that he found a younger, hotter treehugger.
YOWZA! Yup, I'd hit it.   
The Lockheed Super Constellation, the REAL Queen of the Skies!