falstaff
Topic Author

Buying New Postage Stamps For Other Countries

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:51 pm

I will be traveling to Europe again this summer and I enjoy sending postcards to a variety of people I know who collect postcards. When I usually travel I buy stamps when I get to where I am going, but I was wondering if there is a place online where I could buy stamps and have them mailed to me here in the USA? I also like to send airport postcards from airports I stop at, but finding stamps there is a pain in the butt sometimes, if not impossible. Even if there are no airport mailboxes I can ask an airline employee to mail them (they always do if you ask nicely). I don't mind paying a premium for the convenience if I can find some. Everything I find online is about collecting stamps and not for people who actually want to use the stamps.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

L410Turbolet

RE: Buying New Postage Stamps For Other Countries

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Quoting falstaff (Thread starter):
I enjoy sending postcards

Glad to see another member of us "endangered species"...   

signol

RE: Buying New Postage Stamps For Other Countries

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:20 pm

The Republic of Ireland definitely allow it:
http://www.irishstamps.ie/Shop/c-37-postage-stamps.aspx
My wife had to buy a bunch of IE stamps for surveys she was sending to Ireland, so the respondants could post their replies back to her in the UK.
Be careful if you use the UK post office - buying "stamps" online actually buys you postage, you print out a stamp / barcode to cut out and stick to your letter (package, postcard...), that must be posted winin 2 days of purchase.

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI