747srule
Topic Author

Deadliest Warrior TV Show

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:29 pm

Does anyone here watch this great show on SpikeTV? It's on Tuesday at 10PM.Next week it will pit the CIA against the KGB.
Jesus is the way,the truth,and the life

garnetpalmetto

RE: Deadliest Warrior TV Show

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:40 am

I've become somewhat of a fan of the show. Thus far my favorite episodes have been Apache v. Gladiator and Samurai v. Viking. I also loved Zande vs. Aztec Jaguar, SWAT v. GSG9, and Centurion v. Rajput. I do have to say there are times when the weapons they have chosen have made me scratch my head - for instance in SWAT v. GSG9, I was a bit surprised that no handguns (Colt M1911 v. Glock 17 maybe?) and that the H&K MP5 wasn't chosen as the SWAT assault rifle. There's also been times that I think the team of Dr. Durian, Max, and Jeff gave the edge to the wrong weapon. For instance, in Jesse James v. Al Capone, I personally thought the Bowie knife deserved the edge over the stiletto based on its greater utility, including its ability to be thrown. While the stiletto is concealable, I think the Bowie knife was, overall a better weapon.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.