dxing
Topic Author

Obama/Holder Drop Black Panthers Intimidation Case

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Surprise folks. Did anyone not see this one coming?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...-black-panther-case-ex-doj-lawyer/

Perez told the commission that the facts and the law didn't support the case against the group.

Sworn testimoney from people who say the individuals on the video tape tried to intimidate them into not voting and the video itself evidently don't constitute enough "facts" to proceed with the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbK...&ad=3265020430&kw=black%20panthers

I wonder if these had been a couple of white supremacists trying to deny black people from voting if the facts would not have supported the case against them? Well welcome to the "post" racial world folks!!

[Edited 2010-07-01 13:56:41]
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

Dreadnought

RE: Obama/Holder Drop Black Panthers Intimidation Case

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:29 pm

This story has been around for a week, and is just looking worse and worse for the administration. It's looking like a very clear charge of obstruction of justice.

But for anyone who continues to doubt that the mainstream media is in the pocket of the Obama administration, just google the topic, try a few variations like Christian Adams (the whistleblower). You will find that apart from Fox News, none of the mainstream media is mentioning this.

Here is Adam's article on the affair.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...panther-case-anger-ignorance-and-/
Forget dogs and cats - Spay and neuter your liberals.

DocLightning

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:55 pm

I agree that the information so far is pretty concerning.

I'm also skeptical that it's as bad as it sounds. Obama is many things, but he's not stupid. Do you honestly believe that even if he were of a mind to cover this up, that he thinks he could get away with it?

The man can't sneeze without a right-wing publication talking about how he used communist nose tissues, so I doubt he'd be stupid enough to be involved in something this blatant.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Dreadnought

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:10 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 2):
I'm also skeptical that it's as bad as it sounds. Obama is many things, but he's not stupid. Do you honestly believe that even if he were of a mind to cover this up, that he thinks he could get away with it?

I don't think anyone has connected Obama to this. It's possible I suppose but we have no evidence that he at any time got involved. So we can keep him out of it.

But AG Holder is probably involved, and certainly other political appointees in the justice department. Somehow, the justice department has been invaded by a culture over the last 18 months where the decisions whether to pursue a case no longer rest solely on the facts and the law, but now there is the added element of race, so that what is a crime for one group of people is perfectly acceptable for a select group of people.

This should hardly be surprising, as Obama specifically said that that's what he wanted from the judiciary.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ.../02/barack_obamas_kinder_gentler_j

scrubbsywg

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:24 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 3):
I don't think anyone has connected Obama to this.

the OP did in the title...

Dreadnought

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:41 pm

Quoting scrubbsywg (Reply 4):

He is the boss and Holder is his man. If people are willing to blame CEO Tony Hayward for the accident in the Gulf, then they would also have to accept that Obama carries some responsibility on this.

But, we can be gentle - so far, there is no evidence that Obama told Holder to back off on this case. Maybe he did (and he certainly would not disagree with the decision), but there is no evidence of it.

dxing
Topic Author

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:17 am

There's no cover up, that the charges were dropped are a matter of public record, the question is why? Secondly, the Blagojevich trial is starting to look worriesome as it looks as if President Obama was doing some back room campaiging for his pal Valerie Jarret to take his seat. If that is true, then that indeed is stupid.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...-isn-t-there-but-he-comes-up-a-lot

Quoting scrubbsywg (Reply 4):

Because like it or not, he is responsible for the DOJ. Holder may have much more to do directly with it but in a case as politically charged as this one, I'd be pissed if I were President and my AG terminated a case like this without at least consulting me or my chief of staff. Rule number one, don't surprise the boss.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

NIKV69

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:51 am

It's funny nobody can answer why that Black Panther was standing at the front of a voting location on election day holding a huge club in his hand. Yet we assail a tea partier who wore a gun on his hip at a rally. I tell you something has to give soon because this is getting like the twilight zone.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

sw733

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:14 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 3):
But AG Holder is probably involved

If nothing else, his 'stache is involved in it...that thing is involved in everything

mbmbos

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:03 am

Let's see, the Attorney General drops a case against the Black Panthers due to lack of evidence. And the Attorney General is black. Therefore it is a case of racial favoritism.

Really? And by "really" I mean are you really that naive?

JBirdAV8r

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:11 am

Obama is many things, but he's not stupid. Do you honestly believe that even if he were of a mind to cover this up, that he thinks he could get away with it?

Sadly, intelligence is not always an effective deterrent against "stupid" behavior. He may well have thought he had insulated himself enough from the goings-on that he had no reason to worry.

Quoting sw733 (Reply 8):
If nothing else, his 'stache is involved in it...that thing is involved in everything

LOL, Eric Holder...every time I see his picture, I think Stedman Graham has joined Obama's Cabinet.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 5):
(and he certainly would not disagree with the decision),

One only has to look back to his first public comments on Henry Louis Gates' arrest for supporting evidence.
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

Dreadnought

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:54 am

JBirdAV8r

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:10 am

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 9):
Let's see, the Attorney General drops a case against the Black Panthers due to lack of evidence. And the Attorney General is black. Therefore it is a case of racial favoritism.

Now now, MBM, you're leaving out a small tidbit. There's quite a bit of evidence.
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

dxing
Topic Author

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:46 am

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 9):

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 12):
Now now, MBM, you're leaving out a small tidbit. There's quite a bit of evidence.

He's also leaving out the fact that the DOJ had the case won!!! The judge in the case was just waiting for the DOJ to come back with a suggestion for sentencing when they came back, after the election, and said they wanted to drop all charges!!

Dreadnought

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:07 am

Quoting dxing (Reply 13):
He's also leaving out the fact that the DOJ had the case won!!! The judge in the case was just waiting for the DOJ to come back with a suggestion for sentencing when they came back, after the election, and said they wanted to drop all charges!!

Kinda makes you wonder why the defendants didn't show up. Could it be that they got a phone call saying, "Don't bother, we'll take care of it"?

Dreadnought

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:36 pm

If you want to see who exactly the defendant in this case was, who the Obama administration let go free, watch this National Geographic documentary.

This is National Geographic, not Fox News.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x0dM7fR1WQ&feature=player_embedded

What do you suppose would happen if someone with ties to the Republican Party were to come out of a house with the sign “Whites Only, no blacks allowed” and spout racial hatred suggesting we need to kill blacks and their children?

Note also that Mr. Jackson, the taller man who accompanies Shabazz everywhere, is a registered Democrat poll watcher in Philadelphia and an elected member of the Democratic Committee in that city.

The Justice Department had an airtight case against these guys, and AG Holder (possibly under orders from Obama) let them walk away to continue their recruitment drives.

Popular slogans used by Shabazz (included in the video) include, "It’s time to Kill Some Crackers! You’re gonna have to Kill their babies!”

More info: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/inside/3952/Overview

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblo...t-new-black-panthers-myspace-page/

slider

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:42 pm

Eh, who's surprised?

In a nation of laws, our top arm of legal enforcement refuses to follow through on holding anyone accountable. And by daring to question the Obamessiah, we'll all be branded racists. Demagoguery as usual.

NIKV69

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 16):
In a nation of laws, our top arm of legal enforcement refuses to follow through on holding anyone accountable. And by daring to question the Obamessiah, we'll all be branded racists. Demagoguery as usual.

Coming to an end though. This individual can stand in front of any polling station he wants this November. I think he will find his intimidation will not work this time. Nothing will be able to stop the people from doing what has to be done.

Dreadnought

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 17):
Coming to an end though. This individual can stand in front of any polling station he wants this November. I think he will find his intimidation will not work this time. Nothing will be able to stop the people from doing what has to be done.

I think we can be very confident that if the Black Panthers show up and do the same thing, anyone who objects will be the target of the Justice Department.

mbmbos

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:04 pm

It appears the case against the Panthers was downgraded before the current administration even took office. So much for all the ridiculous conspiracy theories and racist adumbrations that you can forget prosecuting anybody who is black during the current administration's term.

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/a...n_was_the_new_black_panther#120462

slider

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 15):
Popular slogans used by Shabazz (included in the video) include, "It’s time to Kill Some Crackers! You’re gonna have to Kill their babies!”
http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2010...u-shabazz-and-osama-bin-laden.html

Gets better--Shabazz has a mancrush on Osama bin Laden....nice.

EA772LR

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Obama is many things, but he's not stupid.

That's debatable.

Do you honestly believe that even if he were of a mind to cover this up, that he thinks he could get away with it?

I sure do because he's the most arrogant president I've ever seen. If there wasn't so much at risk, his arrogance would be laughable.

Quoting dxing (Thread starter):
I wonder if these had been a couple of white supremacists trying to deny black people from voting if the facts would not have supported the case against them? Well welcome to the "post" racial world folks!!

That's the real crux of this whole deal. If these were KKK members intimidating blacks, you can bet the rat puppet Holder would be prosecuting the hell out of that case. Racial tension has gotten worse since Obama's taken office. That's what happens when you've got a guy that hung around radicals and racist his whole life.
We often judge others by their actions, but ourselves by our intentions.

casinterest

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 21):
That's the real crux of this whole deal. If these were KKK members intimidating blacks, you can bet the rat puppet Holder would be prosecuting the hell out of that case. Racial tension has gotten worse since Obama's taken office. That's what happens when you've got a guy that hung around radicals and racist his whole life.

Go Back and Read

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 19):
It appears the case against the Panthers was downgraded before the current administration even took office. So much for all the ridiculous conspiracy theories and racist adumbrations that you can forget prosecuting anybody who is black during the current administration's term.

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/a...20462

Holder was not in charge when the case was dropped.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

Aaron747

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:32 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 18):
I think we can be very confident that if the Black Panthers show up and do the same thing, anyone who objects will be the target of the Justice Department.

Without any sort of resolution to the current issue at the DOJ, this is the kind of knee-jerk bone-throwing garbage that keeps our divisive discourse at its already heightened levels. Enough already! This whole thing smells very rotten to me but until I see what actions are taken to correct it, or not, I will reserve judgment - including that which assumes the DOJ will prosecute any complainant against the BPP.  
This individual can stand in front of any polling station he wants this November. I think he will find his intimidation will not work this time. Nothing will be able to stop the people from doing what has to be done.

In that case that would be appropriate - voter intimidation should not be tolerated by anyone. We don't live in Cambodia.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

dxing
Topic Author

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:47 am

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 19):

The dispute is not about the case being downgraded, it is about it being dropped and it was dropped by the DOJ after AG Holder took office. It was dropped after the DOJ had basically secured a conviction by the very fact the defendants didn't bother to show up. The judge in the case was waiting on sentencing suggestions from the DOJ. But since we are supposedly post racial I guess if some white supremacists try the same thing they will get the same treatment right?

Maverick623

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:44 am

This individual can stand in front of any polling station he wants this November.

If I ever see someone (excluding a police officer) standing outside a polling station with any kind of weapon, I would immediately call 911. If they came and did nothing, I would immediately acquire a firearm, and stand beside the perp. If he so much as pointed at someone, I would draw down on him.

I'm sure our President would love to disagree, but I feel that blatant of a threat is grounds for deadly force.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

mbmbos

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:01 pm

Quoting dxing (Reply 24):
The dispute is not about the case being downgraded, it is about it being dropped and it was dropped by the DOJ after AG Holder took office.

The case was weak from the get-go. A few Black Panthers hanging around a mostly black polling area, one of whom possibly flashed a knife.

And yet you want to turn this a racial issue, i.e., our black President and our black Attorney General is partial to the Black Panthers and such organizations will be immune from the law.

This is a big deal made over nothing.

EA772LR

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 25):
If I ever see someone (excluding a police officer) standing outside a polling station with any kind of weapon, I would immediately call 911. If they came and did nothing, I would immediately acquire a firearm, and stand beside the perp. If he so much as pointed at someone, I would draw down on him.

It's good to see there are some real men who aren't afraid to stand up to shadiness.   

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 25):
I'm sure our President would love to disagree, but I feel that blatant of a threat is grounds for deadly force.

The president doesn't agree with the majority of Americans on much of anything. He's gone in 2012.

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 26):
And yet you want to turn this a racial issue, i.e., our black President and our black Attorney General is partial to the Black Panthers and such organizations will be immune from the law.

It's this level of naivety that has put America where it is in regards to race relations. If the tables were turned and these this was a polling station in a majority WHITE area with WHITE supremacist' standing outside, you can bet it'd have been a huge deal, and the president and AG wouldn't have just let it go. The Civil Rights pimps Jackson and Sharpton would've been in arms. Where were they on this one??  

mbmbos

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 27):
It's this level of naivety that has put America where it is in regards to race relations.

Let's see, we have a situation where the federal justice system has decided the level of intimidation in this case will be difficult to prove and probably not worth pursuing versus the right wing media that wants to paint doubts about our black President and Attorney General and thereby sow the seeds of racism. Now who is naive?

If the tables were turned and these this was a polling station in a majority WHITE area with WHITE supremacist' standing outside, you can bet it'd have been a huge deal,...

It would have been ugly and it would have been condemned. But a federal offense? It's doubtful it would have gone any further.

The Civil Rights pimps Jackson and Sharpton would've been in arms.

It's interesting to call a couple of black leaders pimps. Not racist at all, is it?

I think the interesting thing about this whole kerfuffle is it reveals more about the intentions of those claiming it's reverse racism than it reveals about the current administration.

EA772LR

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 28):
It's interesting to call a couple of black leaders pimps. Not racist at all, is it?

Are you kidding me!!!??? These so-called Civil Rights Activists profit on keeping the races divided. They're rarely, if ever out protesting for whites. It's only when they can profit from a situation like they tried to do with the phony rape charges against the Duke students. Where were they then??

NIKV69

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Won't matter, Obama will be called to task on not persuing this case that if the Black Panthers misbehave this November it will hurt them even more.

dl021

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Quoting casinterest (Reply 22):
http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/a...20462

Holder was not in charge when the case was dropped.

Yes, he was. That article isn't pulling up for me, but Prospect is a "liberal intelligence" site with a definite left leaning slant. Predisposed to be apologists for the President and his staff.

The case was weak from the get-go. A few Black Panthers hanging around a mostly black polling area, one of whom possibly flashed a knife.

Seriously? Have you seen the video? Heard what they said? Highly illegal, and it appears that you feel that all black people vote the same, and that if black folks are intimidating other black folks it's no one elses business. Is that correct?

Let's see, we have a situation where the federal justice system has decided the level of intimidation in this case will be difficult to prove and probably not worth pursuing versus the right wing media that wants to paint doubts about our black President and Attorney General and thereby sow the seeds of racism. Now who is naive?

The case was rock solid. There was no reason to drop it. Why are you calling others naive here? What's your agenda that you ignore the facts and probable causes?

Why is that racist? Do you associate black men with pimps automatically?
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

dxing
Topic Author

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:23 am

The case was weak from the get-go

Perhaps you missed the point that the DOJ had already secured a defacto conviction? The Judge was awaiting a sentencing recommendation from the DOJ.

This is a big deal made over nothing.

That the case was dropped when it was already in the bag begs the question what amount of evidence would it take to convince you?

CPH-R

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Quoting dxing (Thread starter):
Quote:
In another case, in Arizona, the complaint was received by a national civil rights organization regarding events in Pima, Arizona in the 2006 election when three well-known anti-immigrant advocates affiliated with the Minutemen, one of whom was carrying a gun, allegedly intimidated Latino voters at a polling place by approaching several persons, filming them, and advocating and printing voting materials in Spanish.

In that instance, the Department declined to bring any action for alleged voter intimidation, notwithstanding the requests of the complaining parties.
http://www.usccr.gov/NBPH/05-14-2010_NBPPhearing.pdf#page=17

I'm sorry, I guess that wasn't the answer you wanted. The same document also shows just how strict the standards of proof in these cases are, as there have been a grand total of 3 (three!) cases since 1965.

BN747

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:59 am

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 29):
Are you kidding me!!!??? These so-called Civil Rights Activists profit on keeping the races divided. They're rarely, if ever out protesting for whites

Are you kidding ME? You don't any idea what you're talking about, the pimp you call Jackson has fought harder for poor whites and women (White women being the largest beneficiary of his advances) for better benefits and equal pay than anyone YOU can think off...except the KKK maybe. Oh wait..that's not what the KKK was striving for--women belong in the kitchen and the bedroom.

You need to pull your head out thinking that 'Civil Rights Activist' means JUST black....it doesn't.

If you can handle it..google up just who Jackson has fought for..get a chair and a Snickers bar...you're gonna be busy-

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:19 am

Quoting dxing (Reply 13):
The case was weak from the get-go.
Quoting DL021 (Reply 31):
The case was rock solid. There was no reason to drop it.

Actually the case was already won by the government as the defendants did not show up for their arrangement. So there was a default judgement against them. But for some unknown reason the entire case was dropped.

CPH-R

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:12 am

Quoting 474218 (Reply 35):
But for some unknown reason the entire case was dropped.

Incorrect, the case against King for displaying a weapon at a polling station wasn't dropped. He was let off with a slap on the wrist though.

dxing
Topic Author

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:27 am

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 33):
I'm sorry, I guess that wasn't the answer you wanted.

No it wasn't, because the complaint does not say they were attempting to keep anyone from voting as the Black Panthers were in Philidelphia.

CPH-R

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:43 am

Quoting dxing (Reply 37):
No it wasn't, because the complaint does not say they were attempting to keep anyone from voting as the Black Panthers were in Philidelphia.

They were simply there for a casual chat with hispanic voters?

Rubbish.

It was the exact same thing and they too were let off the hook.

EA772LR

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 34):
If you can handle it..google up just who Jackson has fought for..get a chair and a Snickers bar...you're gonna be busy-

You're hilarious! I'm well aware of who Jesse Jackson is and what that S.O.B. has done. He's a pimp, nothing more. He profits like his pal Al Sharpton on keeping the conversation of race right in the forefront. You can't so much as insult a black man/woman without getting an ear full of the 'racist' BS from those clowns.

I will, however take you up on the chair and Snickers bar!   

BN747

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 39):
You're hilarious! I'm well aware of who Jesse Jackson is and what that S.O.B. has done. He's a pimp, nothing more

And you're the same guy running around in the other thread talking about how much of a Christian you are in the other thread? ..what joke!

No 'true Christian' would would allow his own (albeit skewered) 'race issues' views to spew about the kind of uninformed nonsense you're saying right there. It has brought out such nastiness in your comments about a 'fellow Christian - Jackson- who has done more for more people than any other Christian you know...and listen to you.

Just what I need to drag it over to the christian thread to make my point how Christians like you are about valid as a 3 dollar bill.

It appears the only thing one can be sure of is you are aware of is that his 'name' is Jesse Jackson..that's about it. Not a thing more.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

EA772LR

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 40):
And you're the same guy running around in the other thread talking about how much of a Christian you are in the other thread? ..what joke!

No 'true Christian' would would allow his own (albeit skewered) 'race issues' views to spew about the kind of uninformed nonsense you're saying right there. It has brought out such nastiness in your comments about a 'fellow Christian - Jackson- who has done more for more people than any other Christian you know...and listen to you.

Just what I need to drag it over to the christian thread to make my point how Christians like you are about valid as a 3 dollar bill.

I'm sorry that you feel you know me enough to try and insult me. You don't, and you haven't, but have a nice day.   

Quoting 474218 (Reply 35):
But for some unknown reason the entire case was dropped.

Well whether or not we know why the case was dropped is not just the point-it's the fact that the BPP was on video making threats and nothing was done to these guys. Can you imagine if some ignorant bigots like the KKK or Skin heads were at a voting station making threats?

planespotting

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:32 pm

A few Black Panthers hanging around a mostly black polling area, one of whom possibly flashed a knife.

Newsflash - THIS GROUP IS NOT THE BLACK PANTHERS. The party involved in this specific roe are the New Black Panther Party - who are NOT AFFILIATED AT ALL with the traditional Black Panthers that were formed in the '60s. Everyone citing the generic name Black Panthers is unfairly pointing the blame at a group of folks who don't deserve it.

And stop acting like there were 100 black thugs standing outside of a voting booth threatening people who voted Republican. Not one person has come forward to say they were actually intimidated. On top of that, the Bush Administration themselves admitted that it didn't amount to anything criminal - they filed civil charges, which basically amounted to an injunction against the guy with a knightstick so that he would no longer be able to hold his knightstick outside of any more polling places.

And the "whistleblower" in this case is a former Bush administration political-appointee DOJ lawyer (who was hired by a man who was found to have violated rules regarding political appointee hires by the Civil Right's Division's Inspector General's office). Adam's hersay allegations of reverse racism by the current DOJ administration have the exact same amount of proof behind them as me or anyone else saying that he is obviously doing this for political gain.

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 21):
I sure do because he's the most arrogant president I've ever seen. If there wasn't so much at risk, his arrogance would be laughable.

Arrogance such as ... saying he has been given political capital and then not being able to get anything done in four years? Oh right, that was your last president.

You find him arrogant because you don't agree with his policies (which I can understand), but he's been one of the most active presidents since Franklin Roosevelt in terms of accomplishing a legislative agenda that HE LAID OUT before taking office.

It's OK to disagree with his policies, but don't call him arrogant because the man can accomplish what he set out to do.
Do you like movies about gladiators?

EA772LR

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Quoting planespotting (Reply 42):
Arrogance such as ... saying he has been given political capital and then not being able to get anything done in four years? Oh right, that was your last president.

He's arrogant because he refuses to take the blame for anything, yet is the first to take credit for anything good. Everything is all about 'My My My My' 'Me Me Me Me' . And he actually thought he could pull the blinders over America's eyes and pass his bureaucratically bloated, leftist agenda Chicago political mob style. He's an arrogant S.O.B. and I've got NO respect for him or his groupies. He's a wrecking ball. Everything he touches he demolishes.

Quoting planespotting (Reply 42):
You find him arrogant because you don't agree with his policies (which I can understand), but he's been one of the most active presidents since Franklin Roosevelt in terms of accomplishing a legislative agenda that HE LAID OUT before taking office.

Yep which is why it's some funny to see all the people who voted for him so pissed off now. It's like 'DUH!', the writing was on the wall. Anyone who didn't vote for him more than knew his agenda. He promised Change, and he's delivering on that promise...right over the cliff.

dxing
Topic Author

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:50 pm

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 38):
They were simply there for a casual chat with hispanic voters?

Rubbish.

It was the exact same thing and they too were let off the hook.

The evidence in your link does not support that. The video from the event in Philidelphia does support the charges. You can act as offended as you wish, the facts speak for themselves.

mt99

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:11 pm

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 43):
He's arrogant because he refuses to take the blame for anything, yet is the first to take credit for anything good. Everything is all about 'My My My My' 'Me Me Me Me'

By your definition, can you mention one President that was not arrogant?
Step into my office, baby

planespotting

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:15 pm

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 43):
He's arrogant because he refuses to take the blame for anything, yet is the first to take credit for anything good. Everything is all about 'My My My My' 'Me Me Me Me' . And he actually thought he could pull the blinders over America's eyes and pass his bureaucratically bloated, leftist agenda Chicago political mob style. He's an arrogant S.O.B. and I've got NO respect for him or his groupies. He's a wrecking ball. Everything he touches he demolishes.

Care to throw anymore unqualified bluster, nonsense or hyperbole in your statements?

seb146

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:23 pm

So, this all happened under Bush and with Bush appointees two years ago, yet it is Obamas fault? One polling station. Yet, when people bring up elections in Palm Beach County or Deibold machines in Ohio, that is fine? More right-wing hypocracy, if you ask me....
Life in the wall is a drag.

planespotting

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 47):
Yet, when people bring up elections in Palm Beach County or Deibold machines in Ohio, that is fine? More right-wing hypocracy, if you ask me....

Basically, when something happens to a person/group that doesn't directly benefit the conservative cause, the person/group bringing the charges is a sore loser and/or is just playing the victim card.

When it happens to something that will benefit the conservative cause, it's a travesty of justice.

This basically applies to anything that ever happens in America:

Hurricane Katrina: New Orleans and the state f-ed everything up ... the federal government played a bit part in the whole thing and did a not-bad job overall.
Deepwater Horizon oil spill: The federal government stopped paying attention to its regulatory duties long ago! The state and local officials were hamstrung because the federal government did not act quickly enough. BP was just trying to do its job and didn't meant to flood oil into the gulf.

Bush v. Gore 2001/Bush v. Palm Beach County Canvassing Board: The Supreme Court was right to declare by a 5-4 decision that Florida should stop the manual recount so as to certify Katherine Harris' certification of the election, thus giving Bush the win.
Any gay marriage case where a court decides that gay marriage is legal: The court is legislating from the bench!

and on and on and on.

DeltaMD90

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Quoting planespotting (Reply 48):
Basically, when something happens to a person/group that doesn't directly benefit the conservative cause, the person/group bringing the charges is a sore loser and/or is just playing the victim card.

This isn't a conservative problem, it's human nature (unfortunately.)
Ironically I have never flown a Delta MD-90 :)