fxramper
Topic Author

I Wore Her Deodorant Today And Surprise!

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:27 am

Commuting home today, I ran out of my Axe deodorant and ended up borrowing a coworker's Secret flawless renewal stick. It was a non-antipersperent and I only ran it under my pits once because it was a little creepy using a woman's deodorant. I am happy to report, despite Secret being strong enough for a man, but made for a woman, it worked better than any deodorant I've ever tried. I don't plan on using Secret on a regular basis but thought I'd share with Anut World.

All comments welcome!  

Superfly

RE: I Wore Her Deodorant Today And Surprise!

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:33 am

Quoting fxramper (Thread starter):
I am happy to report, despite Secret being strong enough for a man, but made for a woman, it worked better than any deodorant I've ever tried. I don't plan on using Secret on a regular basis but thought I'd share with Anut World.

I've done that before too.
I ended up having lesbians hitting on me throught the day.  
Bring back the Concorde

IFlyTWA

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:34 am

I seems that you need to share a secret.............
"To express the excitement of travel" - Eero Saarinen

oldeuropean

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:33 am

Secret being strong enough for a man, but made for a woman, it worked better than any deodorant I've ever tried.
I ran out of my Axe deodorant

You already revealed the secret.

It's simple: Axe is crap.
Wer nichts weiss muss alles glauben

fridgmus

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:35 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 1):

Looks like I'm changing deodorants!!!

Actually I have used women's deodorant before. I needed some and inadvertently bought Degree for women. Didn't find out until much later. It worked great. I still use Degree, but for men!
The Lockheed Super Constellation, the REAL Queen of the Skies!

Superfly

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:42 am

Quoting fridgmus (Reply 4):
Looks like I'm changing deodorants!!!

I guess we should call women's deodorant 'the morning after deodorant'.  
You know those nights when we get dragged back to another woman's house. The next morning you don't want to face the world smelly.
Bring back the Concorde

fridgmus

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:47 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 5):
I guess we should call women's deodorant 'the morning after deodorant'.  
You know those nights when we get dragged back to another woman's house. The next morning you don't want to face the world smelly.

Good call Fly! When I go home with a woman, either to her house or mine, we start with a shower and end with a shower!
I hate "funkiness"!!!

Superfly

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:04 am

Quoting fridgmus (Reply 6):
I hate "funkiness"!!!

Same here!
Bring back the Concorde

swissy

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:37 am

Same here, have tried it.... and use now Adidas with cotton tech.... for women   , cannot get cotton tech for men anymore   , like the lesser intense more refined Adidas for the ladies deodorant, performs very well  

cheerios,

pliersinsight

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:48 am

Commuting home today, I ran out of my Axe deodorant and ended up borrowing a coworker's Secret flawless renewal stick.

Your level of comfort in sharing this with us is quite refreshing. Or should I say freshening? Don;'t worry, it will be our little secret.

Francoflier

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:47 pm

I don't use anti-perspirant deodorants. I find them to make matters worse rather than helping prevent sweating.
My skin is probably a bit sensitive to the metallic coumpounds that they contain. I find the normal deodorant to do a much better job anyway.

I remember reading somewhere that preventing the armpit from sweating is not necessarily a good thing for the body. Sweat cleans impurities from the skin pores, and preventing that from happening might be a factor in the occurence of women's (and men's) breast cancers.

Maybe Doclightning or another resident medic can correct me on that.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

PC12Fan

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:09 pm

I've actually been using Secret for a while for the same reason stated by fxramper, it flat works.
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

UAL747

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Many things that are made for women often work really well on men. This is gross, but I needed to buy a laxative one time, and all they had were correctol for women. No cramps, no bloating, just relief! It was amazing. And now if I need anything like that, I look for the pink pills, everything else hurts way too much.

New Slogans should read, "Gentle enough for a woman, but made for a man." Sorry, TMI, but it reminded me of that.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

ALTF4

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:21 pm

So.... are these next? http://tinyurl.com/anutters
The above post is my opinion. Don't like it? Don't read it.

AirPacific747

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Quoting oldeuropean (Reply 3):

I don't like any of them..

I use Aqua Di Gio from Giorgio Armani or Ralph Lauren

einsteinboricua

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Wow...I can't believe how Anutters just come out clean with their lives...that's cool.

Axe is crap.

Even Axe dry is crap. Their commercial is a lie. I ended up with pancakes in my shirt every day.

Quoting pliersinsight (Reply 9):
Your level of comfort in sharing this with us is quite refreshing. Or should I say freshening? Don;'t worry, it will be our little secret.

FTW   

I've actually yet to find a deodorant that works. I even trimmed my underarms to see if there would be some wetness relief. So far, only Adidas has worked, albeit with some success, better that Speed Stick, Degree, or Axe. Maybe I should become an Old Spice Man?   
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

LH526
Crew

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:15 pm

Trittst im Morgenrot daher, seh ich dich im Strahlenmeer ...

fridgmus

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Quoting lh526 (Reply 16):

Now THAT was just too cool!   

Sabena332

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:59 pm

I don't like Axe either. In the past I always used Adidas but since a few weeks I am using Right Guard and I like it:

Sometimes I am also using Tommy Hilfiger but only when I get it as a present, it is way too expensive to buy it for every day use (in the summer I need a lot of deo).

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

ScarletHarlot

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:36 pm

This thread is the pits.
But that was when I ruled the world

sudden

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:18 pm

I have never used Axe, and will never use that $hit either. Actually, I must admit that I did use it ones.....as a flame thrower. In that sense it was the best smelling flames I have ever smelled. Never seen a cat run that fast either. JOKE!!!!!
It's also more and more common that deodorant and perfume from the same brand/serie can be used by women as well as men.
I'm a Farenheit 32 guy myself.
When in doubt, flat out!

AR385

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Any suggestions on which deodorant to try? I ran out of the only one that works for me, an Hermes one and I don´t have any left. I haven´t tried any other in some time and the usual ones just don´t work. Maybe women´s secret will do it?

Kunoichi

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:44 pm

I've worn men's deodorant before, but it wasn't really noticeable. One of my female friends said I smelled nice, but other than that, there was no real reaction from anyone. It seemed to stick to the clothes FOREVER though. >:[

Sometimes, I use a scent-free crystal/mineral antiperspirant (only "sometimes" as I cannot sweat from my arm pits (no glands), so I don't usually need to). Rather than perfume/deodorant, I dab a bit of aroma essence/oil on my neck - usually jasmine or orchid - and it lasts throughout the day.   There are more manly scented oils out there, I'm sure (musc, oak, cedar, whatever - you can mix it up too), and I'm sure it'd work for men just as well... all I can say is that the anti-perspirant can last up to half a year with daily use, and the aroma essence oils last forever too as you only use VERY LITTLE at a time. I don't know how long a can/roll on of axe lasts, but this stuff works - it PREVENTS the smelly sweat rather than just covering it up (which is rarely effective...), and it's really cheap too - the essences I use are $1 a pop, and I can still smell it when I take a shower in the morning the day after applying it.

I've only received compliments. Even from complete strangers walking by. Male and female.  
"Do you speak fluent Canadian?"

atrude777

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Quoting Kunoichi (Reply 22):

Did I tell you how much I missed you?!  

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

ShyFlyer

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:40 pm

I too have had to use women's deodorant in a pinch. In my case I had to buy it from a hotel gift shop and they were all out of men's deodorant. Guess I wasn't the only guy who forgot to pack some!

I didn't notice if it worked any better than my usual stuff, but I was really concerned if my butt looked big.
I lift things up and put them down.

lewis

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:48 pm

All comments welcome!

I've done it a couple of times. One time it was actually good and had sort of a neutral scent. The second time the scent was just too girly.

aa61hvy

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 18):
I don't like Axe either. In the past I always used Adidas but since a few weeks I am using Right Guard and I like

I think that stuff reminds me of guys in college. Too fragrant. I use either bar soap of Aveeno which has a real nuetral smell.

Quoting lewis (Reply 25):
I've done it a couple of times. One time it was actually good and had sort of a neutral scent. The second time the scent was just too girly.

I've used Secret once or twice when I had no deoderant but needed some immediatly, used my fiance's and like everyone else said, its a soft smell and it does work.
Go big or go home

Kunoichi

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Quoting Atrude777 (Reply 23):
Did I tell you how much I missed you?!

I love you too, Alex! 
The two of us never needed deodorant - lady, man or dragqueen - to smell like AWESOME, anyway.   

futurepilot16

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 1):

I'm telling you. If you have the courage, go out and buy some female perfumes and smelly lotion and what not. Women tend to get attracted to you more because they recognize the scents. But I don't wanna look like a fruit cup so i'll stick to my axe and my old spice.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

einsteinboricua

Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:04 am

Is Old Spice good enough? I've tried many deodorants and their commercial looks appealing enough for me to try the brand.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

cerretaman

Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:51 am

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 29):
Is Old Spice good enough? I've tried many deodorants and their commercial looks appealing enough for me to try the brand.

Old Spice is awesome. I recommend swagger or fresh scents.
u mad cause i'm stylin' on you?

ual747den

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:50 am

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 14):
I use Aqua Di Gio from Giorgio Armani

Thats me too all the way, everything is Aqua Di Gio for me and I cannot tell you how many times I have random women stop me to ask what I am wearing that smells so good. The receptionist at my doctor literally makes a ahhhh sound when she sees me! This however did get me into a bit of trouble about a month ago! My wife and I were at the grocery store and the woman in front of us is a good looking blonde who I keep looking at because I know that I know her from somewhere, after she pays she turns around and says, "You wore that same cologne in College didn't you?" My wife looked me like she was going to kill me and I tell the girl yeah sometime, she says yeah I remember you always smelt so good!!!
I really couldn't remember this girl at all but there were a lot of those in College! Wife not happy about that one!
/// UNITED AIRLINES

fxramper
Topic Author

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:18 am

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 12):
Many things that are made for women often work really well on men.

Ever try Midol for a headache?

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 19):
This thread is the pits.

Quoting sudden (Reply 20):
I have never used Axe

It was the flavor of the week. I don't use antiperspirant because they use agents that are linked to causing enlarged tumors. I've also tried Adidas, Old Sprice, Speedstick, etc.

Quoting aa61hvy (Reply 26):
its a soft smell and it does work.

Thank you, Ryan!

fridgmus

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:24 am

Quoting fxramper (Reply 32):

Are you serious? I'm not joking, I'd like to know.

Thanks.

andz

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:40 am

Quoting francoflier (Reply 10):
I don't use anti-perspirant deodorants

It's nice to see a stereotype being reinforced!  
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

Aesma

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:39 pm

What was the type of deo you used, a spray I hope ? Sharing a stick, hewww !

After trying several types in my adolescence (including those that destroy your clothes), I stayed for a while on a Gillette stick/gel, quite gross to use but effective, I found. One day I ran out of it and used my mother's Rexona spray (known as Degree in the US), and was surprised at its effectiveness, much better than my Gillette. It didn't smell anything so I did not experience women at my feet, however ! But then I started to again search for the better thing, and I found that axe dry was a must. I don't care about their commercials and don't use it for its odor (it's an anti-perspirant and not a deo anyway), but I never had such dry armpits, it's almost scary, when I'm in vacation and happen to not shower for one or two days, it still works. Under the shower it repulses water ! I use the stick one.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Kunoichi

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Quoting fridgmus (Reply 33):
Are you serious? I'm not joking, I'd like to know.

He's serious.  
Midol is Ibuprofen, and Ibuprofen works WONDERS on headaches. One or two Midol and two 500 mg Tylenol, and you're able to kill most headaches, even migraines. Same goes for Aleve (Naproxen). Both are so-called "NSAID"s, meaning "Non-Steroid Anti-Inflamatory Drugs", and they always work better on muscle-pains (which essentially a headache/migraine is) than any other kind of drug out there .
There is a variant of it called migraine relief - these contain caffeine as well, and even for a regular headache, it's amazing stuff.

Quoting futurepilot16 (Reply 28):
I'm telling you. If you have the courage, go out and buy some female perfumes and smelly lotion and what not. Women tend to get attracted to you more because they recognize the scents. But I don't wanna look like a fruit cup so i'll stick to my axe and my old spice.

No.
Of course we know the scent of our own perfumes, but we're not dogs, and we won't be "comforted" by the smell or anything. We'll RECOGNIZE it as female, and unless you're trying for a lesbian, well...
Men's scents make us think of MEN. It's attractive to women (of course, depending on your own scent as well as what brand you use - women prefer different things, funnily enough   ). What's not attractive is to get in closer because you smell good, and just about when she's trying to compliment you, she'll realize you and she are wearing the same perfume.
Unless you're trying to make them do funny, horrified faces, I suggest to keep your Old Spice.  

Quoting UAL747DEN (Reply 31):
I really couldn't remember this girl at all but there were a lot of those in College! Wife not happy about that one!

Aw, your wife should've said something like "good on you!", man.  Even if the chick downright hit on you in front of her, it should've been a compliment - that means you're hot and she has an attractive husband (depending on your reaction of course... I can see where she's coming from if you're nearly humping the other woman's leg  )!
Unless you were going steady in college and you cheated on her or you promised her that you were a virgin when you got married, she really doesn't have a reason to be p*ssed off at you other than insecurity/poor confidence.

GAIsweetGAI

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:21 pm

Has anyone here tried using their own urine as a deodorant? And/or is it effective?
I haven't, but I'm asking because a few years ago, I was watching some sort of TV show where they said that women found I-can't-remember-which-molecule-in-there attractive.
"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

MCOflyer

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:37 pm

I have used girls deodorant before and was complimented by a couple of people.

KH
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

Kunoichi

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:51 pm

Quoting GAIsweetGAI (Reply 37):
Has anyone here tried using their own urine as a deodorant? And/or is it effective?
I haven't, but I'm asking because a few years ago, I was watching some sort of TV show where they said that women found I-can't-remember-which-molecule-in-there attractive.

Wait, what..?!

ACDC8

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:00 pm

We'll let you try it out and you can let us know 

I usually use Old Spice, works great and doesn't leave much residue on you shirts. Gillette is also really good.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

GAIsweetGAI

Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Quoting Kunoichi (Reply 39):
Wait, what..?!
Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 40):

Don't shoot the messenger!!  
I believe I saw that on Brainiac. Can't seem to find a link to it though.
I have no particular desire to try it though. I'll stick to my Mennen stuff for now (IIRC - I can't be bothered to run upstairs and find out if I have the right brand here  ). Works pretty well so far.
"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

ual747den

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:47 pm

Quoting Kunoichi (Reply 36):
Midol is Ibuprofen, and Ibuprofen works WONDERS on headaches.

I have constant non stop headaches after a car accident so for about 8 years I took massive amounts of ibuprofen on a daily basis. I later found that I has an ulcer, my doctor told me I HAD TO STOP the ibuprofen right away because one day it would kill me. She said I would bleed into my stomach and if not treated immediately I would die before I knew what was happening. She knew that I was on planes everyday and she told me if it was to happen in the air there would be no way to get help before I bleed out and died. Of course I didn't listen and one morning got out of bed only to collapse on the floor with major stomach pain. Ended up in the hospital and found that it was again the ibuprofen, didn't kill me but now if I take it I get the most severe nasty pain you could ever imagine in my stomach. Be careful with this stuff!

Quoting Kunoichi (Reply 36):
Aw, your wife should've said something like "good on you!", man.  Even if the chick downright hit on you in front of her, it should've been a compliment - that means you're hot and she has an attractive husband (depending on your reaction of course... I can see where she's coming from if you're nearly humping the other woman's leg &nbsp Wink!
Unless you were going steady in college and you cheated on her or you promised her that you were a virgin when you got married, she really doesn't have a reason to be p*ssed off at you other than insecurity/poor confidence.

I didn't know my wife at all in college which is a very good thing! She would have never been with me if she knew the things I did before I could show her that I really wasn't that bad of a guy! When I first started dating her I gave her the oh Iv'e been with about 8 girls story but after drinking one night my friends told her that I was a complete whore in high school and college and they could name eight women at that party alone that I was with! She was mad but were still together so not too mad! I have been giving her the be proud your husband gets hit on a lot line for years and it just doesn't work at all with her! She was the good girl never slept with another guy before me type so I just learn to keep my mouth shut!

Now that is NASTY!
I went to some week long training for work once and there was a hippy woman who would drink she own piss! She told us all how its best to "collect" it in the morning and that its really good for you! NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!!
/// UNITED AIRLINES

DocLightning

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Quoting fxramper (Reply 32):

Midol contains ibuprofen, acetaminophen (often), caffeine, and any of a number of very weak diuretics. Do not take tylenol at the same time as Midol. You will overdose on acetaminophen, which can harm your liver.

However, it will help a migraine as long as your migraines are not volume-sensitive. Some migraines are triggered by diuretics other than caffeine (caffeine usually helps migraines).

It certainly won't hurt if a guy takes it, but there's little benefit to an otherwise healthy man taking a diuretic.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Kunoichi

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:54 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 43):
Midol contains ibuprofen, acetaminophen (often), caffeine, and any of a number of very weak diuretics. Do not take tylenol at the same time as Midol. You will overdose on acetaminophen, which can harm your liver.

I should have specified - the ones I meant were the regular Midol Liquid Gels caps. These contain ONLY Ibuprofen (200 mg).

The ones you're referring to are called Midol Complete.

Quoting UAL747DEN (Reply 42):
ulcer

Yeah, most NSAIDs are pretty bad with ulcers if you take them on a daily basis - but to be fair, most painkillers are. No medicine should be taken daily for more than a few days without speaking to a doctor regularly.

But taking Ibuprofen for a headache isn't going to give you an ulcer or make your ulcer go bonkers if you already have one - I have a gastric ulcer too, and I'm still allowed Ibuprofen every once in a while. You just have to be careful with what and how much you take.  

LH526
Crew

Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:00 am

Quoting fridgmus (Reply 17):
Now THAT was just too cool!

Gettin' better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE
Trittst im Morgenrot daher, seh ich dich im Strahlenmeer ...

fridgmus

Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:11 am

Quoting lh526 (Reply 45):

Their Ad Agency definitely earned their money this series! Very well done.

Thanks,

F