TheSonntag
Topic Author

Uefa Bans Vuvuzelas - Thank You!

Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Derico

RE: Uefa Bans Vuvuzelas - Thank You!

Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:19 pm

WHen will you ban those stupid announcers?? Thank goodness they never caught on in Argentine stadiums. The announcers here just tell you the score, and the incidences, proffesionally... no shouting, singing along, or ''come on come on I can't hear you'' drab.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

FlyDeltaJets87

Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Thank God! Is there anyone who actually likes those things?

From Jay Leno a few weeks ago: "The NFL banned vuvuzelas - except at Detroit Lions games to drown out the booing."      
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

Severnaya

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:56 am

Very good news, it may be related to African culture, but that's not what we need in Europe  
Всяк глядит, да не всяк видит.

signol

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:31 am

I think it's unneccesary. About 1/2 the Premier League teams have banned them, the other half "allow" them. There have been no noticable difference between the two so far this season.

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

Thom@s

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:44 am

Quoting signol (Reply 4):
I think it's unneccesary. About 1/2 the Premier League teams have banned them, the other half "allow" them. There have been no noticable difference between the two so far this season.

Probably because the people who would have considered using a vuvuzela during a premier league match, knows he's gonna get his head kicked in if he blows in it for 90 minutes straight...

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

LTU932

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:47 am

Quoting TheSonntag (Thread starter):
Uefa Bans Vuvuzelas

Bravo! Finally someone who decides to ban those things!

Quoting Derico (Reply 1):
WHen will you ban those stupid announcers?? Thank goodness they never caught on in Argentine stadiums. The announcers here just tell you the score, and the incidences, proffesionally... no shouting, singing along, or ''come on come on I can't hear you'' drab.

No idea about other clubs, but at the FC St. Pauli (my home town club) and in matches I've seen on TV, I've never seen such announcers. We've had something similar at a public viewing but that was definitely not in a stadium.

TIA

Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:14 pm

While not a fan of vuvuzelas, all I can say is that in the stadium they were not THAT annoying. As long as you didn't have someone next to you blowing on that thing you were fine. And even then it was only short bursts here and there. I didn't see anyone constantly blow on his vuvuzela throughout the whole game in any of the six WC matches I went to. I feel like that on TV the vuvuzelas came off as much more annoying. WIth that said, I saw at least one guy who had connected his vuvuzela to an air pump and that thing could do some damage.
Lastly, people keep saying how vuvuzelas are an African thing and they don't want them in Europe or whatnot. Let's just say that the vast majority of people blowing the vuvuzelas during the WC were not Africans but European and Latin American fans. The vuvuzelas blown by Africans were only a small minority in the stands. So if people here were annoyed by the vuvuzelas on TV, they can only blame their fellow nationals.

andz

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Quoting TIA (Reply 7):
Let's just say that the vast majority of people blowing the vuvuzelas during the WC were not Africans but European and Latin American fans. The vuvuzelas blown by Africans were only a small minority in the stands. So if people here were annoyed by the vuvuzelas on TV, they can only blame their fellow nationals.

This is the only sensible statement in this irrational and hysterical thread.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

Sabena332

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:11 pm

Kudos to the UEFA! I am so glad that these annoying things are banned in every European stadium now after a lot of Bundesliga clubs already banned them during - or shortly after - the World Cup!

These things were the main reason why I am saying that the last World Cup was by far the worst one I've experienced so far!

Thanks UEFA, for keeping real football atmosphere in the European stadiums!   

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

wingman

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Any time you witness a huge beauracractic organization do something right, and in an expeditious manner no less, you just need to sit back and savor the moment. There is intelligent life left on this planet after all.

TheSonntag
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 9):

These things were the main reason why I am saying that the last World Cup was by far the worst one I've experienced so far!

Quoting andz (Reply 8):
This is the only sensible statement in this irrational and hysterical thread.

No, because it does not matter at all who is blowing this crap, all that matters is that this primitive way of annoying others finally is banned.

af773atmsp

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:25 am

I bought a vuvuzela on eBay, but I'll probably only use it for New Years. Too bad my high school has banned noise makers from sporting events. I would love to annoy the crap out of people that annoy me.  
It ain't no normal MD80 its a Super 80!

ltbewr

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:32 am

I know they are banned for the home games of a number of USA's MSL stadiums, including the new NY/NJ Red Bull's.
I think another good reason to ban these devices of the devil is that they can make a nasty weapon to beat up other fans or those of the other team. These things in the hand of some beer drunk fans in places like the UK are the last thing they need, considering the bad history of behavior they have.

Derico

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:52 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 6):
No idea about other clubs, but at the FC St. Pauli (my home town club) and in matches I've seen on TV, I've never seen such announcers. We've had something similar at a public viewing but that was definitely not in a stadium.

Maybe it's only something in bigger clubs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sVLQPXeWY

All the video game or aerobics music, the announcer killing the goal atmosphere with his Milito chant... Certainly not as bad as basketball games in the US where it's just one big video game. It is so tiresome and don't know how people can stand it.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

CPH-R

Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:21 am

Usual overreaction courtesy of UEFA.

Vuvuzelas never caught on here (I certainly haven't heard any of them), and I have the sneaking suspicion it didn't really catch on anywhere else.

Of course, this opens a crack in the door for UEFA to ban chanting, singing, standing room (oh wait, already banned), etc. It's only a matter of time before this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2EWHJKtiXc is banned, in favor of fans sitting down, politely applauding whenever a goal is scored, and generally not making such a big fuss.

Besides, the only really good function of a vuvuzela is this:

:D

NIKV69

Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:52 am

Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

MadameConcorde

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:41 am

Now it will no longer keep vuvuzela haters from going to the stadiums, me included.
More revenue for the teams/clubs.
They can keep the vuvuzelas for the streets and the after match parties.
I am sure there will still be chances for all the vuvuzela fans to be able to use them.
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

NIKV69

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 17):
They can keep the vuvuzelas for the streets and the after match parties.

Fine just keep outside the stadium! They don't belong at any sporting event whatsoever.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Blackprojects

Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:07 am

Some one found a use for a Vuvuzela a while back as the Will it Blend man Blended a Vuvuzela on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KHFA6ZuFTE

Best thing to do with those Pesky things.

Francoflier

Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:53 am

I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.