Theme Vacation

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Has anyone taken a vacation with a theme or a mission?

See how many kind of train types you can ride in Germany, visit a bunch of military history museums in England, see the historical architectural changes in Spanish churches, bike the beers of Belgium?
When in doubt, one B pump off

RE: Theme Vacation

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:52 pm

I have, sort of. My theme would have to be "how many different modes of transport can I use?" I always try to use as many as possibly anyway, however one trip stands out: I got to Berlin by car, went to THF on the subway, took a plane to CPH, tried out the Swedish X2000 HST to Hässleholm and travelled back home on two non-HST long distance trains, one of which boarded a ferry for the short hop from Denmark back to Germany.

What I'm dreaming of is a visit to Tel Aviv for the Bauhaus architecture... oh well, at least I've got a book to prepare myself for that trip in case it ever does happen.  

Additionally, I'd love to travel on a 707 and 747SP some day, perhaps the Iranian government will relax a bit at some point and stop scaring everyone off.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.