Stealthz

F1 2010 :Japanese Grand Prix (Suzuka)

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Less than a week to go before Suzuka, time to catch up on what is going on in F1...

PlanetF1 is reporting that Petrov is questioning why Renault may be interested in Raikkonen rather than him...
Vitaly...Sure he costs more, is a tad inconsistaent but can win races!!

Fernandes and Branson both feel that F1 should do away with Blue flags on the grounds that the experienced, skilled and faster drivers should not have a problem overtaking the tailenders and that all should be allowed to "race"
Interesting to note that not only do Fernandes and Branson run teams that are, being kind, running towards the back of the field, they are also dilletantes, rich kids with money!!, with no real background in car racing. They are in it for the money and will leave as soon as another marketing opportunity presents itself!**
I find it especially offensve that Fernandes brings Ken Tyrell's name into this argument -

Quoting Tony F in Autosport:
"I think it would be good for the sport to get rid of blue flags. In the days of Ken Tyrrell, he would never let any car pass."

Get with the program guys, Blue flags are a safety issue, they are necesarray because the wannabe racing drivers in your teams(and the slower drivers in almost any race anywhere) tend to think the rear vision mirrors are for checking your hair not what is about to over take you!.

Cheers

PS Does this sound like the ramblings of a retired flag marshall that has seen too many of his signals ignored?

** I put Dietrich Mateschitz. in this group as well!
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

sudden

RE: F1 2010 :Japanese Grand Prix (Suzuka)

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:04 am

Thanks for opening this one mate.

Quoting stealthz (Thread starter):
PlanetF1 is reporting that Petrov is questioning why Renault may be interested in Raikkonen rather than him

Yeah, well, ah never mind. I wil only type something stupid in response to why Petrov even says that.
Time to wake up and smell reality Petrov.

By the way, Raikkonen says nothing is true in regards to drive for Renault next year. Or even being linked to the team.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87205

Get with the program guys, Blue flags are a safety issue

Indeed! I don't even see why they raise this point. Lots of time and money are being spent on Safety in this sport. So why turn the clock back!?

[Edited 2010-10-06 04:09:17]
When in doubt, flat out!

MadameConcorde

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:58 am

Thank you very much for opening the thread. I look forward to the race at Suzuka.

We will have to wake up at weird hours in the night to watch qualifyings but it's all well worth it.

It is a certainty that if Kimi wants to join Renault, Vitaly will have to step back and leave him the seat.
I am no Schumi fan, yet I hope he will still be racing in 2009.

Let's see what Suzuka will bring. Another Ferrari win? One of the Red Bulls?
Hammy? Jenson?

LIke with every race, all is always so unpredictable.

Edited:

No Kimi in F1... at least not for the next season.

Former Formula One world champion Kimi Raikkonen has angrily rejected talk he could make a return to F1 next season driving for Renault.

The 2007 champion now drives in the world rally championship, but Renault boss Eric Boullier said Raikkonen had been in touch about coming back to F1.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9065307.stm

[Edited 2010-10-06 05:12:10]
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

CXB77L

Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:32 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 2):
I am no Schumi fan, yet I hope he will still be racing in 2009.

Schumacher didn't race last year .... oh, you meant 2011?  

As for the Raikkonen/Petrov news, I'm not really sure who to believe at the moment - Renault say Raikkonen contacted them, while Raikkonen has denied it. I think I'll wait and see what happens. It'd be great to see Raikkonen racing in F1 again.
Boeing 777 fanboy

waterpolodan

Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:22 pm

As much as I'd like to see Kimi return and give Kubica a decent team mate so Renault can make real progress, I'm also enjoying seeing an ex-F1 star trying his hand at rallying, which I've always considered the most challenging form of car racing in the world. This year hasn't been stellar for Kimi, but a lot of success in rallying is down to accurate pace notes and driving experience on the stages so when Kimi starts seeing stages he's already driven next year and has had a chance to refine his pace notes, I think he'll improve dramatically and hopefully one day challenge Loeb for a good result.

MadameConcorde

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Quoting CXB77L (Reply 3):
Schumacher didn't race last year .... oh, you meant 2011?

I must have fallen asleep while typing.
Yes, I mean 2011.

larshjort

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Looking forward to see the Suzuka Grand prix, the championship becomes more and more exciting for every round.

Quoting waterpolodan (Reply 4):
As much as I'd like to see Kimi return and give Kubica a decent team mate so Renault can make real progress, I'm also enjoying seeing an ex-F1 star trying his hand at rallying, which I've always considered the most challenging form of car racing in the world. This year hasn't been stellar for Kimi, but a lot of success in rallying is down to accurate pace notes and driving experience on the stages so when Kimi starts seeing stages he's already driven next year and has had a chance to refine his pace notes, I think he'll improve dramatically and hopefully one day challenge Loeb for a good result.

While not stellar, they certainly haven't been bad either. It's not because he is lacking (much) speed compared to the other top drivers.

/Lars
139, 306, 319, 320, 321, 332, 34A, AN2, AT4, AT5, AT7, 733, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 146, AR1, BH2, CN1, CR2, DH1, DH3, DH4,

sudden

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:30 pm

Quoting CXB77L (Reply 3):
I think I'll wait and see what happens. It'd be great to see Raikkonen racing in F1 again.

Yeah, it might well be a cat and mouse game as we have seen so often in this sport.
I would really like to see him return though.

Quoting waterpolodan (Reply 4):
This year hasn't been stellar for Kimi

Indeed. But lets not forget that he won one event in France(?), so he is by all means progressing.
When in doubt, flat out!

waterpolodan

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Quoting sudden (Reply 7):

Indeed. But lets not forget that he won one event in France(?), so he is by all means progressing.

Must not have been at the top level, as his best result in the WRC this year is 5th in Turkey. Anyway, he's now definitely out of the running for the Renault seat, as this quote appeared in an article on F1racing.net today-
“I have never even seriously considered driving for Renault and I can assure you, one hundred percent sure, that I will not drive for Renault next year.”

Seems the talks the people in his camp had with Renault were blown way out of proportion by the marketing guys at Renault, probably to get some preemptive sponsorship interest, and it was never a remote possibility that they'd land him. One way or another, Petrov should lose his seat, but it won't be Kimi.

sudden

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:24 am

The cat and mouse game has started. Renault hits back at Raikkonen now.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87222

Talk about silly season.
When in doubt, flat out!

MadameConcorde

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:39 am

Alonso tries out the Suzuka track on a bycicle with his track engineer Andrea Stella to see about all the little glitches all along the 5.8 kilometers track recalling sweet memories of Suzuka 4 years ago. From what the article says the Red Bulls are given as the favourites with rain during Saturday's qualifyings.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Formul...-ricordi-suzuka-711379386787.shtml

About Suzuka qualifyings Alonso says: "rain or shine I must do it" while Hammy says "I am hoping for no rain" and Vettel saying "I never found the right way". Ferrari says: "we have no right to making mistakes".

http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Formul...vuole-sbagliare-711252734369.shtml

waterpolodan

Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:50 pm

The memory of throwing the title away with Schumacher's engine failure in 2006 must be fresh in their minds, hopefully reliability plays no part for any of the 5 drivers in contention in the next few races so that the fight is clean and on track.

MadameConcorde

Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:55 pm

I will set the alarm clock to watch the first practice at 3.00 AM my time. Second practice at 7.00 AM.

Nights with weird wake-up hours on sight.
It's Formula 1 time!!!

MadameConcorde

Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:54 am

Middle of the night here. Watching Suzuka first practice.

Hammy crashed into a wall. The car is in really bad shape. He had set the fastest time. The way it looks I doubt the car will be recuperable for this race. Bad karma for him. Not his season. All are on the track. Kamui is doing well in 10th place. Now let's hope he doesn't crash.
The rain hasn't shown up yet. It is supposed to come tomorrow.

BBC site:
0245: Whoops, there's a McLaren crashing into a wall. It's Hamilton's. Oh dear. That does not look good. What on earth happened there?

0249: We've got a replay of that incident now. Hamilton runs a little wide coming out of Degner Two and carries on into the tyre wall. The left front wheel is severely bashed and Hamilton is standing underneath the bridge ruefully shaking his head.

Wow!        

Game over for P1.
Jenson also had his spin, ran into the gravel and he almost hit the wall in the exact same place as Hammy.

BBC site:
0327:Oh dear, another McLaren and another problem at Degner. Jenson Button runs over the rumble strips and bounces around. The car lifts up into the air before spinning into the gravel in the same place Hamilton came off. Button is able to get out of it though and immediately heads towards the pits. Lots of work in the McLaren during the break methinks.

McLaren Kaputt LOL

This looks like it's going to be for the Red Bulls.

P1 resullts:
Position Country Driver Team
1 Germany S Vettel Red Bull
2 Australia M Webber Red Bull
3 Poland R Kubica Renault
4 Germany A Sutil Force India
5 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren
6 Brazil R Barrichello Williams
7 Germany N Hulkenberg Williams
8 Germany M Schumacher Mercedes
9 Germany N Heidfeld BMW Sauber
10 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
11 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
12 Great Britain J Button McLaren
13 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
14 Japan K Kobayashi BMW Sauber
15 Russia V Petrov Renault
16 Italy V Liuzzi Force India
17 Switzerland S Buemi Toro Rosso
18 Spain J Alguersuari Toro Rosso
19 Finland H Kovalainen Lotus
20 Germany T Glock Virgin
21 Italy J Trulli Lotus
22 Belgium J d'Ambrosio Virgin
23 Brazil B Senna Hispania
24 Japan S Yamamoto Hispania

Ok... two more hours and on to Practice 2!!!!
This middle of the night Practice watching is very well worth it.
Suzuka is such a fantastic track!!!

spin 

[Edited 2010-10-07 19:39:25]

cpd

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:02 am

Fernandes and Branson both feel that F1 should do away with Blue flags on the grounds that the experienced, skilled and faster drivers should not have a problem overtaking the tailenders and that all should be allowed to "race"

The blue flag is there for a good reason. If Mr Fernandes and Sir Richard Branson have problems with that, maybe they should build faster cars. Who knows how long either of them will be in this game for?

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 13):
This looks like it's going to be for the Red Bulls.

It was never going to be anything other than Red Bull in the laptimes, but McLaren in the race could be strong with high straightline speed going up the hill towards the 130R, and also the other section going towards the Spoon curve. The main straight is also very fast, so they'll be very quick along there too.

N1120A

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:39 am

Less than a week to go before Suzuka, time to catch up on what is going on in F1...

I just love when it is at Suzuka, as opposed to Fuji. It brings back memories of the old video game "Pole Position."
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

MadameConcorde

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:30 am

On to P2. Looks like McLaren fixed the car. Hammy looks gloomy. He should be out soon.
BBC site:
0623: Lewis Hamilton fans, there's some news. He is in his racing gear and BBC pit-lane reporter Holly Samos says he will be out in around 15 minutes.
Vettel is the fastest.

Still no Hammy on sight.
BBC site:
BBC F1 commentator Jonathan Legard on Twitter: "Hamilton still in the garage with less than half an hour to go. Likely to be only dry running before the race. Heavy rain due tomorrow."
Vettel still fastest with Webber right behind him.

End of P2.
We can add Yamamoto, Buemi and Schumi to the list of spinners.

Red Bull are best again in P2.
Hammy was on the track for about 8 minutes. The shame on him.
I wonder how he will do tomorrow in the wet.

Kamui has done very well. I hope he will not crash during qualifyings if it gets too wet. We'll see.

Country Driver Team
4 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
5 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
6 Great Britain J Button McLaren
7 Russia V Petrov Renault
9 Germany A Sutil Force India
10 Germany N Hulkenberg Williams
11 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
12 Japan K Kobayashi BMW Sauber
13 Brazil R Barrichello Williams
14 Germany N Heidfeld BMW Sauber
15 Switzerland S Buemi Toro Rosso
16 Spain J Alguersuari Toro Rosso
17 Italy V Liuzzi Force India
18 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren
20 Italy J Trulli Lotus
21 Belgium J d'Ambrosio Virgin
22 Germany T Glock Virgin

BBC site:
0729: Hamilton's car is sounding like a tractor at times. "Horrible," says Maurice Hamilton. His best is a 1:34.542 which is enough for 18th.

LOL

Hammy has lost it. He should dump the girlfriend and concentrate on racing. I hope he can catch up tomorrow or we will give the McLaren to Kamui.

biggrin 

[Edited 2010-10-07 23:36:06]

MadameConcorde

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:42 am

0730: That's your lot. Hamilton improves to 13th with a 1:33.481. Vettel leads the way (1:31.465) with Webber (1:31.860), Kubica (1:32.200), Alonso (1:32.362) and Massa (1:32.519) following in behind.

P2 rectified results

Driver Team
4 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
5 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
7 Russia V Petrov Renault
9 Germany A Sutil Force India
10 Germany N Hulkenberg Williams
11 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
12 Japan K Kobayashi BMW Sauber
13 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren
14 Brazil R Barrichello Williams
15 Germany N Heidfeld BMW Sauber
16 Switzerland S Buemi Toro Rosso
17 Spain J Alguersuari Toro Rosso
18 Italy V Liuzzi Force India
20 Italy J Trulli Lotus
21 Belgium J d'Ambrosio Virgin

Suzuka is fantastic. Wish I could be there.
End game for today. Let's see what comes tomorrow!

sudden

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:01 am

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 13):
Bad karma for him. Not his season

To me it looks like Hamilton can't handle the pressure at the moment. He's taking way too many uncalculated risks that doesn't pay off. Sunday is when it counts, so lets see.
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:59 am

Quoting sudden (Reply 18):
To me it looks like Hamilton can't handle the pressure at the moment. He's taking way too many uncalculated risks that doesn't pay off. Sunday is when it counts, so lets see.

Don't be silly. Friday practice is where it's won or lost.

sudden

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:13 am

Quoting bill142 (Reply 19):
Don't be silly. Friday practice is where it's won or lost.

fair enough as that's why I wrote that Sunday is what counts. But did you see how he went off? It looks really odd.
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:39 am

Quoting waterpolodan (Reply 11):
The memory of throwing the title away with Schumacher's engine failure in 2006 must be fresh in their minds, hopefully reliability plays no part for any of the 5 drivers in contention in the next few races so that the fight is clean and on track.

Funny you should mention that. Engine reliability hasn't been Ferraris strong point this season.

Quoting N1120A (Reply 15):
I just love when it is at Suzuka, as opposed to Fuji. It brings back memories of the old video game "Pole Position."

It's back at Suzuka permanently now.

Quoting sudden (Reply 20):
fair enough as that's why I wrote that Sunday is what counts. But did you see how he went off? It looks really odd.

I was joking. But no I haven't seen the incident.

GrahamHill

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:39 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 15):

It's also a very technical track. One of the drivers' favourites.
"A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant one" - Moliere

bill142

Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Quoting sudden (Reply 20):
But did you see how he went off? It looks really odd

I just saw it and it looks to me like he just got loads and loads of under steer.

MadameConcorde

Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:23 am

P3.
The weather is atrocious. The track is soaked, conditions are really really bad.
Very dangerous. They can hardly drive. The cars are aquaplanint. It's going to ruin the cars.
Rivers across the track. Very impressive. The rare drivers out there, are called back to the garages.
I don't know how people do it in the open grandstands.

Forecast is that it's only going to get worse.

BBC site:
0314: And we have our first spin. Timo Glock pirouettes at Spoon but he keeps the engine running and is able to carry on. The rain is getting heavier now and Glock says he can't drive. He really is tip-toeing around the track now.

So far, these courageous drivers have gone out:
Glock
Hamilton
Alguersuari
Buemi
Kubica

I hope more of them will go out.
Hammy is out again. He says on the team radio: "there are massive rivers everywhere".
He will get the car back to the pits.

Alguersuari, Buemi are out again and so are Schumi. Massa also went out for a try and got back to the pit.
The cars are really slow.
Alguersuari has 9 laps out.

Checkered flag is out. Session is called off.
The Toro Rossos keep going!  

The forecast is that it is still going to get worse.  

[Edited 2010-10-08 20:07:07]

MadameConcorde

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:20 am

Qualifying... The safety car is out doing rounds on the soaked track apparently aquaplaning. They will call the teams to go out on the track for the qualifs whenever the safety car decides they must go.

All the fans are out and around just like if there was nothing.

The BBC guys are with Takuma Sato. He looks great as ever and his English has really improved, totally fluent without almost any accent. There is so much support from the Japanese fans for F1... and the safety car keeps doing the rounds to see if they can keep the session open. Looks like they will not send the cars out.

Timo Glock says there is standing water all over the track and they cannot see it as they drive and then the tyres displace a lot of water and they swim on the plank!! Everyone is in the garages killing time. All the fans are out in the grandstands in the pouring rain and waiting. This is all very surrealistic.

Massa, Trulli and de Grassi are hanging around the pit lane, these there live in the same building in Monaco. Orderst to the teams is that they have to wait. Safety car still going. 24 cars on this soaking wet track would make it really difficult. All are waiting to see what the decision is going to be.  

RAdar shows the weather is still to get worse. Everybody in the garages are going about killing time. Qualifs are still delayed. It looks like it will have to be tomorrow before the race.

[Edited 2010-10-08 22:33:41]

MadameConcorde

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:26 am

The waiting is over.
The decision we have been expecting for a while: Qualifying is postponed until Sunday.

This is understandable as the rain is getting heavier by the hour and everyone in the pitlane is playing with little boats our ot drink cans and paper to kill time.

If it rains like this all day the track will still be very wet in the morning. Oh well... another night up watching F1 here in Europe. The qualifs + the race!

Oh... and P3 results

Position Country Driver Fastest Lap
1 spain J Alguersuari 1:55.902
2 germany T Glock 2:07.497
3 brazil L di Grassi
4 japan S Yamamoto
5 brazil B Senna
6 switzerland S Buemi
7 germany N Heidfeld
8 brazil F Massa
9 germany N Hulkenberg
10 brazil R Barrichello

faint 

[Edited 2010-10-08 23:38:32]

MIAspotter

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:16 am

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 26):
another night up watching F1 here in Europe. The qualifs + the race!

Looks like it... Spanish TV has the following schedule.

Qualifying 3:00 AM
Pre-race programme 6:00 AM
Race 8:00 AM

I will wake up at 7 or 7:30  

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

MadameConcorde

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:45 am

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 27):

Qualifying 3:00 AM
Pre-race programme 6:00 AM
Race 8:00 AM

I will wake up at 7 or 7:30

I will watch the whole thing. There is only one Suzuka a year.

They should have given the first places on the grid to Alguersuari, Buemi and Glock, those from the small teams who had the couage to do all these laps in atrocious weather and then to all those others who went out in these same conditions for one or two laps for the try. The drivers from the big teams wrere too afraid to wreck their cars, these poor boys!  

I hope the track will still be very wet for tomorrow's qualifyings. It would spice up the race just as it should be.   

David_itl

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Hamilton will have a 5 places grid penalty after McLaren changed gearboxes.

[Edited 2010-10-09 06:13:27]

photopilot

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:26 pm

Quoting david_itl (Reply 29):

Followed by another banzai first lap move that will see him out of the race again!!!.  

sudden

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Quoting photopilot (Reply 30):
Quoting david_itl (Reply 29):

Followed by another banzai first lap move that will see him out of the race again!!!.

Hamilton can't afford playing it defensive, so you might be correct as he must go for it now if he want to be in the hunt for the title.
When in doubt, flat out!

MadameConcorde

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:48 pm

Quoting sudden (Reply 31):
he must go for it now if he want to be in the hunt for the title.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD8_uKk4xgI&feature=related

photopilot

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Quoting sudden (Reply 31):
Hamilton can't afford playing it defensive, so you might be correct as he must go for it now if he want to be in the hunt for the title.

Yes, but the old axiom in racing will always remain...... "To Finish First, You First Must Finish!"

MadameConcorde

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:10 pm

Quoting photopilot (Reply 33):
"To Finish First, You First Must Finish!"

There is no need that they have qualifyings tomorrow.

The safety car should be in pole with Alguersuari and Glock in second and third places followed by Buemi, Yamamoto, Di Grssi, Senna, Heidfeld, Massa, Hulkenberg and Barrichello.

sudden

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 32):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD8_uKk4xgI&feature=related

Your point being?
When in doubt, flat out!

sudden

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:10 pm

FYI,

If the quali can't be driven tomorrow either due to weather, they will line up the grid according to the number on the cars. So the grid will then look as follows:

1. Button
2. Hamilton (+ 5 places due to change of gearbox)
3. Schumi
4. Rosberg
5. Vettel
6. Webber
7. Massa
8. Alonso
9. Barrichello
10. Hulkenberg
And so forth...........
When in doubt, flat out!

MadameConcorde

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:25 am

The track is pretty much dry all along other than a few wet spots. Nothing epic like yesterday.
Maybe raining during the race, which I hope it will, yet no big storm announced.

Q1 results
Vettel setting the fastest time of 1:32.035

2 Germany N Hulkenberg Williams
3 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
4 Brazil R Barrichello Williams
5 Australia M Webber Red Bull
6 Germany M Schumacher Mercedes
7 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
8 Great Britain J Button McLaren
9 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
10 Japan K Kobayashi BMW Sauber
11 Poland R Kubica Renault
12 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren
13 Russia V Petrov Renault
14 Germany N Heidfeld BMW Sauber
15 Germany A Sutil Force India
16 Italy V Liuzzi Force India
17 Spain J Alguersuari Toro Rosso
out
18 Switzerland S Buemi Toro Rosso
19 Italy J Trulli Lotus
20 Finland H Kovalainen Lotus
21 Brazil L di Grassi Virgin

Q2
3 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren
4 Great Britain J Button McLaren
5 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
6 Brazil R Barrichello Williams
7 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
8 Germany N Hulkenberg Williams
9 Poland R Kubica Renault
10 Germany M Schumacher Mercedes
out
11 Germany N Heidfeld BMW Sauber
12 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
19 Italy J Trulli Lotus

Pole for Vettel - Hammy will start with a 5 places penalty for the new gear box

Q3
3 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren
4 Poland R Kubica Renault
5 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
7 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
8 Brazil R Barrichello Williams
9 Germany N Hulkenberg Williams
10 Germany M Schumacher Mercedes
11 Germany N Heidfeld BMW Sauber
12 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
19 Italy J Trulli Lotus

airplane 

Kamui has all his fans taking over the whole Grandstand 3 - 2000 of them - The Kamui fan club!
Rendez-vous for the race!

[Edited 2010-10-09 19:07:40]

sudden

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:41 am

With the 5 grid penalty Hamilton will start behind all his major competitors. Auch!
When in doubt, flat out!

MadameConcorde

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:57 am

Quoting sudden (Reply 38):
With the 5 grid penalty Hamilton will start behind all his major competitors. Auch!

No trouble there. He can make up the 5 places if all goes well. Suzuka has plenty of possibilities for passing other cars.

Di Grassi made a mess out of his car. At least he is allright. He could have made a mess out of himself too.  

This race will be competitive. Time for it to happen after all the dramas with the flooded track and crashes. The sunshine is out. No rain announced. The fans are out.

Go Suzuka! Go Kamui!!!!!!

Petrov hits the wall and Massa is out. Probably contact between the two. OK. three cars out already.
The safety car is out.
Hulkenberg is out also. oh and also Liuzzi - What a mess!!!!!!
Kubica is out. Looks like a car failure!! No more wheel... the wheel disappeared!!!!!!

[Edited 2010-10-09 23:12:55]

MadameConcorde

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:27 am

Final laps. Hammy lost his 3rd gear. Bad karma. Looks like Kamui was hit by Algersuari when he tried to overtake him his car is now damaged. I hope he can go all the way to the end of the race. Let's see if he will ovettake Barrichello. Kamui is dynamite!!!!
Rosberg just went in the wall while racing Schumi. The wheel just came off, same as Kubica. I hope he is allright.

Kamui passed Rubens and Heidfeld now racing Schumi!!!! Brilliant!!!! Go Kamuiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!
He did not pass Schumi but he finished the race a brilliant 7th place!!!!

Hammy finished the race with a kaputt 3rd gear.
Two Red Bulls won the race as expected with Vettel as the winner.

Kamui is the hero of Suzuka!!!!!!

airplane   angel   cheerful   angel   airplane 

[Edited 2010-10-10 00:39:40]

MadameConcorde

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:00 am

Happy happy Sebastian Vettel

CXB77L

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:10 am

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 41):
Happy happy Sebastian Vettel

Vettel's happy, I'm happy  

It was a great drive by Vettel, near flawless ... but for Webber snatching the fastest lap in the final lap. I'm also pleasantly surprised at how well Kobayashi is doing. Murray Walker once said of Ukyo Katayama, that he is "undoubtedly the best driver that Formula 1 has ever produced" (one of his many gaffs when he meant to say that he was one of the best drivers Japan has ever produced), but I think it's safe to say Kobayashi has taken that title.

The championship battle is as tight as ever. Vettel only needs two more 1-2s in his favour out of the remaining three races and he'd lead the championship on wins with the scores tied. It's going to be an exciting finish to the season. C'mon Sebastian! Right at the start of the year I had tipped him to win the title, and I still hope he does  
Boeing 777 fanboy

MIAspotter

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:57 am

Crazy race! with the crash at the start and also Massa and Hulkenberg, then Kubica loosing his rear wheel (WTH)

Glad for Alonso to finish 3rd, he kept his cool and followed the Red Bulls, the best Ferrari could do today  
Quoting CXB77L (Reply 42):
The championship battle is as tight as ever

Indeed, it will be very exciting on the last 3 races! any news about Korea?

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

MadameConcorde

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:06 am

Did you notice the black arm band worn by Fernando Alonso today during race and press conference?
It was in memory of the 4 Italian soliders killed in Afghanistan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11506805

RIP soldiers. Thank you Ferrari and Fernando Alonso for being thoughtful of this sad occurrence.

Springbok747

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:13 am

Ugh.. cant bear to see that arrogant idiot Vettel win..should have been Webber. At least Webber is leading the championship. Good drive by Alonso..thats the best Ferrari could have done. Massa needs to retire from F1. Seriously. Took out poor Liuzzi in a spectacular fashion.
אני תומך בישראל

MadameConcorde

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:22 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 45):
cant bear to see that arrogant idiot Vettel win..

If Kamui was driving a Red Bull Vettel and Webber would have no chances not only Suzuka...
no.... Every race!!!  Wow!

Peter Sauber can be proud of him.   

sudden

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:33 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 45):
Ugh.. cant bear to see that arrogant idiot Vettel win..should have been Webber. At least Webber is leading the championship. Good drive by Alonso..thats the best Ferrari could have done. Massa needs to retire from F1. Seriously. Took out poor Liuzzi in a spectacular fashion.

I think Vettel is showing that he's more then serious about his future in the sport. Despite all the bad talks earlier in the season he just goes out there and does what he's damn good at. Arrogant? He would for sure not be the first one.
Should have been Webber? In that case Webber would have needed to be faster. It's far from over though.

Totally agree with you about Massa. I really wonder why Ferrari signed him up for another year. Probably because he agreed to play second driver(?) Even so, Ferrari as a team are losing out big time cause of Massa.
But yeah, it looked spectacular when he rammed Liuzzi's radiator.

Alonso knew before the race that he would not be able to keep up with RBR. Still a great and solid drive.

At first I was wondering why they were focusing that much on Kamui as nothing really happened. But now I'm glad they did. Drive of the day in my book. Heidfeld more or less up to speed already in the second race. Lets see what he can accomplish in next race.
When in doubt, flat out!

Springbok747

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:49 am

Quoting sudden (Reply 47):
I think Vettel is showing that he's more then serious about his future in the sport. Despite all the bad talks earlier in the season he just goes out there and does what he's damn good at. Arrogant? He would for sure not be the first one.
Should have been Webber? In that case Webber would have needed to be faster. It's far from over though.

Agreed..Webber should have jumped Vettel at the start..that was the only time he had a chance. Vettel drove a flawless race..cant take that away from him. Will be an interesting final 3 races...

Quoting sudden (Reply 47):
Drive of the day in my book.

אני תומך בישראל

sudden

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 48):
Will be an interesting final 3 races...

I'm all for it mate! I would not bet my money on any of them though as the "Fantastic 5" manage to keep us biting our nails. 
When in doubt, flat out!