ajd1992
Topic Author

Nine Year Old Children Caught Selling Cannabis

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:56 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-dealing-cannabis-playground.html

Just seen this posted on Twitter from one of the people I follow.

Opinions?

I can't say it surprises me - this country is going down the shitter quite quickly, as is evidenced by this type of thing. They're under the age of criminal responsibility too, so they can't even get a proper punishment for doing this.

Edit: I know it's the Daily Fail but the main point is that 9 year old kids are pushing drugs at school.

[Edited 2010-10-05 13:58:24]

777236ER

RE: Nine Year Old Children Caught Selling Cannabis

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:20 pm

The country 'isn't going down the shitter', crime has fallen substantially.

I'd suggest the 9 year old kids are selling cannabis because it's considered an acceptable drug by the middle class baby boomers...who make up the Daily Hate's main readership.
Your bone's got a little machine

ajd1992
Topic Author

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 1):
The country 'isn't going down the shitter', crime has fallen substantially.

I'd suggest the 9 year old kids are selling cannabis because it's considered an acceptable drug by the middle class baby boomers...who make up the Daily Hate's main readership.

If your 9 year old son got hold of weed, would you think the country was fighting crime as well as it could be?

I don't know anybody who reads the Mail but demographics aside class B drugs should not be considered acceptable by people who aren't even old enough to be charged in a court for possession.

wingman

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:52 pm

A well known tactic here in the US for many years, especially with 3 strikes. The older kids run the operations and leave the younger kids on lookout. The youngest of all actually do the physical exchange of drugs for money. It's all perfectly logical even if you find it unsavory. Anyway, we're already in the shitter and we'd like some company.

mham001

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:33 pm

Just legalize it like California wants to do and everybody can get stoned all the time. Nothing wrong with that, they tell us. Potheads rule, we should all aspire to be like them! I'm sure thats why we produce so many more math and science majors than those barbaric Asian countries who heavily criminalize all drugs. Save the economy, get stoned man!

Tugger

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Quoting mham001 (Reply 4):
Just legalize it like California wants to do and everybody can get stoned all the time. Nothing wrong with that, they tell us. Potheads rule, we should all aspire to be like them! I'm sure thats why we produce so many more math and science majors than those barbaric Asian countries who heavily criminalize all drugs. Save the economy, get stoned man!

And don't forget we are already all getting drunk all the time (but thank goodness for those "sin" taxes)!

Ever since the USA re-legalized alcohol the country has gone completely down the drain. Those prohibitionists were absolutely right that alcohol is the root of all evil in men, that we citizens can not control ourselves and need the nanny state to prevent our sinking into debauchery!

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

DocLightning

Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:01 pm

Quoting ajd1992 (Reply 2):

If your 9 year old son got hold of weed,

I would think I'd failed as a parent and I would not for a second think that the government was to blame.

Maybe that's because I'm an American, I dunno.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Alias1024

Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:29 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 6):
I would think I'd failed as a parent and I would not for a second think that the government was to blame

I suspect parents/relatives were behind the scheme in the first place. The article never says where the cannabis came from and I think it's far more likely that a parent or aunt/uncle was behind this than some random drug dealer.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

Lufthansa411

Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:30 am

I am not surprised to see this reported. It happens a lot more than most people think, it just goes unreported, or the people are quiet enough about it that nothing happens.

When I was still in high school I was on medical leave for a bit and the school provided a home tutor. She was fond of gossiping, and told me the following story:

She also tutored one guy up the road from my house. The first day she went to the house, the student and his father were at home. While she was tutoring, the father came out to the son and and said "you need to make sure to bag the pot for tomorrow". The home tutor asked the son what was meant by this, and he went into detail about how his father grew the pot, his younger (9 year old) brother picked it, and the older son bagged it. Then, both children would sell it on the school bus.

The home tutor was forced to report it, and when the police came, they found an entire crop of weed.
Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood.

DocLightning

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:16 am

Quoting Lufthansa411 (Reply 8):
While she was tutoring, the father came out to the son and and said "you need to make sure to bag the pot for tomorrow".

That was not only a parenting fail but a subtlety/intelligence fail. When you are doing something illegal, you don't discuss it with a stranger in your home.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan