Airstud
Topic Author

Ark. School Board Member: "queers" Must Die

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:34 am

Don't see how anyone reading this might not have heard the story, but OMG OMG OMG.

Make sure you go to Facebook and like the "Fire Clint McCance" page. I am pleased to report I have been checking up on it for the past couple of hours and it's averaging more than 2,000 new likages per hour.

McCance has no place on this planet if he's going to spew damn-near homicidal lunacy like that.
Pancakes are delicious.

Mudboy

RE: Ark. School Board Member: "queers" Must Die

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:02 am

Here is the link, since you did not post one:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/10/27/ark...nti.gay.bullying/index.html?hpt=T2

This guy is a moron, did he really think anything positive would come out of his hate-filled rant?

Mir

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:02 am

This fine example of a human being is already being discussed here:

Gay Youth: It Gets Better. Oct 20, 2010 (by MCO2BRS Oct 20 2010 in Non Aviation)

And yes, I use the words "fine example" with the utmost sarcasm.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

UNCRDU

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:32 am

While this dude's comments are reprehensible, I personally was a bit frustrated with the whole "wear purple" day too. To me it highlighted homosexual suicides and detracted from the other causes which can lead individuals to suicide. Should there be a "wear green" day to honor those who killed themselves as a result of financial ruin stemming from the failed economy? What about other people who are simply depressed and are not gay? If there is to be any "holiday" at all, it should include everyone lost to suicide, not just homosexuals.

DocLightning

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:42 am

Quoting UNCRDU (Reply 3):
While this dude's comments are reprehensible, I personally was a bit frustrated with the whole "wear purple" day too.

I was at first. I've had so many patients who were being bulled for so many reasons. To me, they were all hurting kids, didn't matter what their sexual orientation was. But someone made it make sense to me.

See, if I were to throw racial slurs around, I'd be ostracized, outcast, and probably lose my job.

But homophobic slurs are tolerated. Maybe no longer celebrated, but they raise a "debate." There should be no debate. This man should have been fired as soon as his comments were discovered.

If he'd said: "Seriously they want me to wear purple because five kikes committed suicide. The only way im wearin it for them is if they all commit suicide. I cant believe the people of this world have gotten this stupid. We are honoring the fact that they sinned and killed therselves because of their sin." (sic)

he'd be gone. End of story.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Maverick623

Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:23 am

Quoting Airstud (Thread starter):
Make sure you go to Facebook and like the "Fire Clint McCance" page.

I'm sorry, but Facebook pages are the worst thing in the world to protest with. It's cheap and lazy.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 4):
This man should have been fired

As an elected official, he cannot be "fired" for making those comments.

Quoting Airstud (Thread starter):
McCance has no place on this planet if he's going to spew damn-near homicidal lunacy like that.

"Homicidal?" Give me a break.

It's not as if he's going around telling kids to off themselves (that would probably land him in prison), he says he doesn't feel sorry for what they did, because of who they are.

While it's absolutely disgusting (especially given his position), and I sincerely hope a recall drive is initiated (if possible, or he's voted out ASAP), he still has the right to say what he did.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

kevi747

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:50 am

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 5):
It's not as if he's going around telling kids to off themselves..

Directly from his facebook post: "The only way im wearin it for them is if they all commit suicide."
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." --Stephen Colbert

Mir

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:04 am

It's not as if he's going around telling kids to off themselves (that would probably land him in prison), he says he doesn't feel sorry for what they did, because of who they are.

He said he enjoys gays dying.

he still has the right to say what he did.

Which is why he doesn't have to worry about going to jail. But he can find another job that doesn't involve working with kids. The First Amendment is not an issue here.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

seb146

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:40 pm

This is the attitude I grew up with. When a child hears this over and over again, what else are they to believe? I have tried so many times and so many ways to explain what I went through growing up in Eastern Oregon. I wish we would have had things like internet and support groups and tolerance when I was growing up. Don't get me wrong: there was a very small handful of people who could be trusted. But, overall? No.

This man should never ever be around children. Ever.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

Maverick623

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 7):

Which is why he doesn't have to worry about going to jail. But he can find another job that doesn't involve working with kids. The First Amendment is not an issue here.

I agree completely. I was referring to Airstud, who said that the guy has "no place on this planet", in essence also advocating his demise.

A sick bastard this guy is, a killer he is not.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

Tugger

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 8):
This is the attitude I grew up with. When a child hears this over and over again, what else are they to believe? I have tried so many times and so many ways to explain what I went through growing up in Eastern Oregon. I wish we would have had things like internet and support groups and tolerance when I was growing up. Don't get me wrong: there was a very small handful of people who could be trusted. But, overall? No.

This man should never ever be around children. Ever.

The sad part is what he says about his own children and what would happen if any of them came out as being homosexual. It is exactly what leads to the depression and suicides of some:

Quote:
"I would disown my kids they were gay. They will not be welcome at my home or in my vicinity. I will absolutely run them off. Of course my kids will know better. My kids will have solid christian beliefs. See it infects everyone."
http://www.advocate.com/News/News_Fe...ard_Member_Thinks_Fags_Should_Die/

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

ImperialEagle

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:02 pm

This moron is just trying to hide something. He will get caught blowing somebody in a public park or get outed or something and it will all be over for him. Like a squid squirting ink to cloud the water, this guy has something to hide.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!"

seb146

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:47 pm

Quoting tugger (Reply 10):
Quote:
"I would disown my kids they were gay. They will not be welcome at my home or in my vicinity. I will absolutely run them off. Of course my kids will know better. My kids will have solid christian beliefs. See it infects everyone."

I was raised with solid Christian beliefs. Everyone in my town was. We all went to church. Different denominations, but they were all Christian churches. But, the prevailing thought was we are not worthy of much. Not very Christian, if you ask me.

Quoting ImperialEagle (Reply 11):
This moron is just trying to hide something. He will get caught blowing somebody in a public park or get outed or something and it will all be over for him. Like a squid squirting ink to cloud the water, this guy has something to hide.

I think you might be right. It is usually the most vocal about these issues that have the most to hide and the most to lose.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

DocLightning

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:49 am

News is he got death threats toward him and his family. He "regrets" his comments (I'm sure he does, for purely selfish reasons) and resigned.

I feel badly that his family suffered for his stupidity but I have little sympathy. You reap what you sow.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan