So it seems like I may have lost my iPod touch which I used for the last year during my residency. I had a plan in a year, that when my contract ran out, I would end up purchasing a smartphone and it seems unfortunately that I'm gonna have to make that purchase sooner rather than later. So I have a couple of questions to throw out to you guys that might help me pick the right phone.
First off, I'm VERY happy with Verizon and have no idea if/when the iPhone will be coming to Verizion. Either way I don't plan on leaving Verizon:
1. My main question is between Blackberry vs. Android. This is important for me as I tend to use a lot of medical apps, and while both pale in offerings compared to the iPhone, would an Android phone be the better bet?
2. Is it true that all Androids are not created equal? And if so, is there a way to upgrade firmware down the line? Also how do android users get/download their apps?
3. How are the quality of non-medical applications on Andriod/Blackberry? Are they improving as the user base also grows?
4. Blackberry tends to have a less sophisticated web browser, is this the case in the new version of Blackberry OS?
5. The Subjective: So which in general is just a great overall phone, and any suggestions on a particular phone?
Thanks for your help!