Laps: 55
Race distance: 305.355 km
Fastes lap: S. Vettel (GER) 1:40.279
Last year's winner: S. Vettel (GER)

So...... the season is nearing to the end. No racing until March  
We'll get to know who wind the WDC.

Go Fernando/Mark 

KS/codeshare
How much A is there is Airliners Net ? 0 or nothing ?

bill142

RE: F1 2010 Abu Dhabi: The Final Chapter

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:21 pm

The big question is, if the situation arises, will Vettel move over?

shamrock321

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:32 pm

Id hope Vettell would move over! He's got to remember what goes around, comes around and next year he could find himself in Webbers spot!

scbriml

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Quoting bill142 (Reply 1):
The big question is, if the situation arises, will Vettel move over?

If the situation arises where Vettel starts the last lap in the lead, with Webber 2nd and Alonso 3rd, he would be expected to allow Webber through. Will he? I've been quick to criticise Vettel this year, some of his antics have been very childish. However, if he does move over for Webber, then he will have gone up hugely in my estimation.

Of course, this conjecture assumes Vettel, Webber and Alonso are all fighting for the lead. It should not be forgotten that Hamilton was on pole last year. A Hamilton win would just about guarantee Alonso the WDC.

I suspect it won't be dull.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

Sabena332

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Hmmm.... 2. Bundesliga and the last F1 race of the season at the same time... seems that I will use my remote control quite often on Sunday afternoon!   I am not a big F1 fan anymore but I hope that Vettel will make it!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

CXB77L

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:07 am

I'm still hoping for Vettel to win the title, so I'm hoping Alonso's engine blows as spectacularly as Vettel's did in Korea. For Vettel to claim the title, he needs to win the race with Webber no higher than second and Alonso no higher than fifth. So if Vettel leads Webber in a Red Bull 1-2, with both McLarens in Ferrari's way at 3 and 4, Vettel will be champion!  
Boeing 777 fanboy

MadameConcorde

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:34 am

Thank you for opening the thread for what will be the last race of the season.

Abu Dhabi is becoming the "New Monaco" -- aside from yet another TilkeDrome -- for the number of mega-wealthies, ultra-celebs and mega-yachts attending the race, probably more to be seen than by their true interest for Formula 1 and the teams. Not with a Prince but with a Sheikh and with much less historic past than Monaco but a lot more money even.

If you want to see what goes on and around Abu Dhabi before and during the race, you can take it from the UAE National newspaper's sites where you can follow the GP as if you were there.

Gulf News:
http://gulfnews.com/in-focus/abu-dhabi-grand-prix

The National --> good coverage here!
http://www.thenational.ae/sport/moto...e-of-the-abu-dhabi-grand-prix-2010

Khaleej Times
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/sport/in...a1_November17.xml&section=formula1

About the race itself, I believe all is open until the finish, the end of the last lap.

Quoting CXB77L (Reply 5):
I'm hoping Alonso's engine blows as spectacularly as Vettel's did in Korea.

My take is that this is not a good way to wish on winning a F1 World Champion title.
I hope no engine "blow". Mechanical failure is a different story although I would prefer to see none during this last race.

An unusual fact... Abu Dhabi had some rarely seen rain.

There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

MIAspotter

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:52 am

Cheers for starting the thread.

Quoting codeshare (Thread starter):
No racing until March

There is always F1 2010 for Xbox or PS3  

As an avid Ferrari tifosi, I would like for Alonso to claim the title... however and if the rumours are true, I would not mind for Webber to win the title, give the finger to Red Bull's big wigs for the way they treated him and retire in peace.

Vettel will have many more years to claim a title (or titles).

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

scbriml

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 7):
Vettel will have many more years to claim a title (or titles).

But he may never have as good a car as he's had this year. He really should have already had the WDC sewn up.

MIAspotter

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Quoting scbriml (Reply 8):
But he may never have as good a car as he's had this year

Hmm... this year RB had THE car on the entire grid, and all they have to do for next year's is just improve the current one, correct me if I am wrong but I don't think there will be major changes for next year (other than Pirelli being the main tyre supplier and something about KERS)

He really should have already had the WDC sewn up.

True, if it wasn't for all the cock-ups, this year should have been a straight Webber-Vettel battle.

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

sudden

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:13 pm

If the car is not as good, or better, next year it has more to do with that the other teams have closed the gap.
Like mentioned earlier by Bill142 in another thread, the Mercedes team with their money pumping in to the team will most likely see a drastic change in performance. They sure have the brains already in the team.

What I like about RBR is that they as a private team is leaving the manufacturers behind. Pretty neat.

Just think about it: Vettel, Alonso and Webber is pushing so hard on Sunday that they take each other out, and winner is....................................Hamilton, winning the title by 1 point. 
When in doubt, flat out!

MadameConcorde

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Quoting sudden (Reply 10):

Just think about it: Vettel, Alonso and Webber is pushing so hard on Sunday that they take each other out, and winner is....................................Hamilton, winning the title by 1 point.

Wishing this would come true... although I very much doubt it will.

EZEIZA

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:26 pm

It's pretty simple: If Alonso wins, it's entirely RBR's fault for losing it by themselves. Alonso deserves all my respect because he's been less of a crybaby and most of all because he's managed to stay competitive despite a crappy first half of the season and a car much slower then the RBR's, and yet he always believed in his chances. By mid season he was the only one who thought he would have chance by know, so congrats to him for believing and for perforimg the way he did.
The RBR's are favourite to win the title though. They have the best car and have the chances of using both drivers in order to make Webber win (unlike Ferrari where there's no help from Massa). I can easily see a 1-2 of RBR at the starting grid and then just let the race flow. Assuming Vettel won't be an a$$, I honeslty think Webber has the biggest chances of winning the WDC. So as a Ferrari fan I hopw Vettel is an a$$ 

I can't wait for Sunday ... a hell of a race with 4 contenders .. wow! when was the last time this happened? And the positive thing about this season was that we had 5 real contenders fighting it out each race (until interlagos), something that we were hoping for back in March  
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

bill142

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:30 pm

But he may never have as good a car as he's had this year. He really should have already had the WDC sewn up.

Yep and in my opinion he's really only got himself to blame.

They should have a good car next year. There are no significant rule changes and the only thing they really have to deal with is the change to Pirelli tyres and re-integration of KERS into the chassis and the introduction of movable rear wings.

codeshare
Topic Author

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Just a thought here, if Vettel wins, than all the silly things he's done this year will prove he and the team did the right thing (ie. the crashes, lack of overtaking, RBR not willing to support Webber more). Horner, Mateschitz and his right hand guy will all be praising him. Not good.

apart from that...
Heidfeld in talks with Renault and other teams for a seat next year
Marussia buying into Virgin Racing (Petrov driving there ?)
Lotus going for the classy old black and gold livery in 2011 (this year's was excellent IMHO)

KS/codeshare

bill142

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Quoting codeshare (Reply 14):
Horner, Mateschitz and his right hand guy will all be praising him. Not good.

And if one of them uses the word 'flawless' in describing his season, I'm going to hunt them down and slap them.

cpd

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:57 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 11):

Wishing this would come true... although I very much doubt it will.

Hopefully, Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton exit the race, leaving Webber to win. He deserves it.

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 12):
It's pretty simple: If Alonso wins,

It's because of the team orders that occurred. Ferrari should have been excluded from the championship already.

scbriml

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:29 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 12):
unlike Ferrari where there's no help from Massa

*cough* Germany *cough* Alonso's already had his help from Massa.   

Quoting cpd (Reply 16):
leaving Webber to win. He deserves it.

I'd be quite happy to see Webber win the WDC, but in all honesty, I'm not sure any driver 'deserves' the title any more than the others this year. All the contenders have made bad mistakes and had periods of poor form. That, combined with the new points system, has left us in the great position of starting the last race with no less than 4 possible champions.

EZEIZA

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:55 am

Quoting cpd (Reply 16):
It's because of the team orders that occurred. Ferrari should have been excluded from the championship already

still whinign about that? It's a TEAM and the TEAM comes before the drivers. In fact, if Alonso would lose because Massa would not have followed the orders, I would be quite upset. Vettel today kind of mentioned thta if he needed to he'll do the same, so enough already.

Quoting scbriml (Reply 17):
*cough* Germany *cough* Alonso's already had his help from Massa

and since then, Massa has bee driving than a downtown Buenos Aires cab driver when the team most needs his help. If only he could have a good quali and start in front of Webber in order to slow him down ...

BlueElephant

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:21 am

I'm putting 90% of my eggs in the Webber basket...I really hope he wins it.
the other 10% goes to Hamilton....

Normally it would be the other way around (which is how I would prefer it) but Hamilton's got almost no chance to win at this point.

If Alonso ends up winning...I hope for his sake its by more than 7 points...otherwise I believe his title is tainted.

Should be an interesting race...

I'm hoping things get really interesting - Alonso's engine blows up.

CXB77L

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:12 am

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 18):
It's a TEAM and the TEAM comes before the drivers. In fact, if Alonso would lose because Massa would not have followed the orders, I would be quite upset

I would then argue that had Alonso beaten Massa fairly in Germany, we wouldn't be having this discussion. The way I look at it is that the driver's championship is to be fought out between the drivers without interference from the team. Sure, the team comes first, but if you lost the title because you came second to your teammate, then you really should've tried harder to outrace your teammate and pass him on the track.

Same goes for Vettel/Webber. Had Webber outqualified and outraced Vettel in the Brazilian GP, he would only be one point behind Alonso instead of 8. The way I see it, if he loses this title he's got no one to blame but himself. While both drivers are in with a mathematical chance of winning the title, neither should be asked to yield in favour of the other.

However, in a situation like what Vettel will likely face in Abu Dhabi, where he either lets Webber win and keep Alonso third or lower, or else let Alonso win the title and go and win the race for himself, I think he'd choose the former. Where it is mathematically impossible for one driver to win (if Alonso is running fourth or higher, Vettel won't win the title), then - and only then - would it be proper to yield to the driver who can win the title.

However, I can see the conspiracy theorists flaming Vettel should he make an error and crash out of the race from second position, leaving Alonso to finish second and claim the title. Should that happen the conspiracy theorists would probably suggest that it was a deliberate error to stop Webber from winning the championship.

[Edited 2010-11-12 00:15:45]
Boeing 777 fanboy

bill142

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:43 am

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 18):
It's a TEAM and the TEAM comes before the drivers

Is it? Then Ferrari should bench Massa and replace him with someone in form. That's what you'd do in football to keep your team on top. It's as much a team sport as it is an individual sport. Ferrari are really where they are because of Alonso. RBR and McLaren are where they are because of individual performances by their drivers.

MadameConcorde

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:47 am

Alonso's engine will not go. Remember he won Monza, a really difficult race, maybe the most difficult one of all.

Now will Vettel let Webber pass him during the last lap so to allow him to win the title? This is not a way to win a title... It would be "stolen"... cheating...

I am watching qualifyings... this beautiful weather.. I have a friend there at the race with his VVVIP boss and the mega-yacht... lucky him with paddock club passes and all... too busy to even send pictures... well... I will have to content myself watching the show on a screen.

The track is still wet, they are waiting for it to dry, no one is out. Oh Jenson is out now on intermediate tyres... That tunnel...

EZEIZA

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:34 am

Quoting CXB77L (Reply 20):
then you really should've tried harder to outrace your teammate and pass him on the track.

which he did in 99.9% of the races. In that case Alonso was faster and Ferrari risked to lose everything had Massa not let Alonso through.

Quoting bill142 (Reply 21):
Is it? Then Ferrari should bench Massa and replace him with someone in form. That's what you'd do in football to keep your team on top

The only reason why Ferrari hasn't fired Massa is because of the accident he had last year. I assume Ferrari still has hopes that the real Massa will come back eventually (and so do I). Yes, the real Massa was no huge deal, but he would be an excellent teammate; clearly a #2 driver (as in Rubens for Schumi) with enogh talent to fight the other teams.

MadameConcorde

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:45 am

ABA Tee Shirts seem to be going strong around Abu Dhabi -- Anyone But Alonso.
This is very strange down in Ferrari land....

Rumors are that Massa will leave Ferrari????

P1
1 Germany S Vettel Red Bull
2 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren
3 Great Britain J Button McLaren
4 Australia M Webber Red Bull
5 Poland R Kubica Renault
6 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
7 Germany M Schumacher Mercedes
8 Japan K Kobayashi BMW Sauber
9 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
10 Germany N Heidfeld BMW Sauber
11 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
12 Russia V Petrov Renault
13 Brazil R Barrichello Williams
14 Germany A Sutil Force India
15 Italy V Liuzzi Force India
16 Spain J Alguersuari Toro Rosso
17 Germany N Hulkenberg Williams
18 Switzerland S Buemi Toro Rosso
19 Germany T Glock Virgin
20 Italy J Trulli Lotus
21 Brazil L di Grassi Virgin
22 Brazil B Senna Hispania
23 Austria C Klien Hispania
24 Malaysia F Fauzy Lotus

This is for the first practice session.
I hope Fernando Alonso will get his act together.

My Tee Shirt would be ABRB
(Anyone But Red Bull)

Go Hammy!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to see him win this last race!!!!!

scbriml

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 23):
which he did in 99.9% of the races.

Something of an exageration, no? Massa finished ahead of Alonso in Australia, Monaco and Turkey and was ordered to let Alonso through in Germany. He also outscored Alonso at Malaysia and Belgium.

I agree that Massa is clearly not the same driver has was before his horrific accident last season. I'd be very surprised if he's retained by Ferrari next season. Some of us dared to suggest that Ferrari were a little too quick to get rid of Raikkonen while Massa's performance level was still an unknown. Whether Alonso would have accepted Raikkonen as a team mate is an interesting question.

MadameConcorde

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:40 pm

P2

1 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren @ 1'40''888
2 Germany S Vettel Red Bull
3 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
5 Poland R Kubica Renault
6 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
7 Russia V Petrov Renault
8 Great Britain J Button McLaren
9 Italy V Liuzzi Force India
10 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
11 Germany M Schumacher Mercedes
12 Germany N Hulkenberg Williams
13 Germany A Sutil Force India
14 Japan K Kobayashi BMW Sauber
15 Brazil R Barrichello Williams
16 Germany N Heidfeld BMW Sauber
17 Spain J Alguersuari Toro Rosso
19 Finland H Kovalainen Lotus
20 Germany T Glock Virgin
21 Italy J Trulli Lotus
22 Brazil L di Grassi Virgin
23 Austria C Klien Hispania
24 Brazil B Senna Hispania

How could Massa end up in the straight line without fuel (heard from his radio call) and have to stop? This is really mysterious!

Let's wait and see about tomorrow - especially the qualifyings.
Hammy looks like he is going the right way!
How I wish for him to get pole!!!!

EZEIZA

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Quoting scbriml (Reply 25):
Something of an exageration, no? Massa finished ahead of Alonso in Australia, Monaco and Turkey and was ordered to let Alonso through in Germany. He also outscored Alonso at Malaysia and Belgium.

ys, it was an exaggeration  

but the second half of the season has been particuarly positive for Alonso and negative for Massa. Sometimes due to bad luck, sometimes due to poor driving, but Massa has done almost nothing to help Alonso.
However I still like Massa and I'm not sure how I would feel to see him go. He was one turn away from becoming WDC, so he can't be that bad, so if it were up to me, I'd let him stay one more season.

scbriml

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:22 pm

I wonder how worried RBR are about Hamilton?

IF he were to take pole (he did last year) and then win the race, he'll make it very difficult for either of the RBR drivers to win the WDC without Alonso having a disaster (DNF or well down the finishing order).

I can't believe there won't be at least one major twist before the end of the race on Sunday.

bill142

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Quoting scbriml (Reply 28):
I wonder how worried RBR are about Hamilton?

Well there's no love lost between Hamilton and Alonso, so maybe he will be willing to move over and let the RBR guys through?

EZEIZA

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Quoting bill142 (Reply 29):
Well there's no love lost between Hamilton and Alonso, so maybe he will be willing to move over and let the RBR guys through?

there used to be no love, but a few weeks ago LH was very friendly towards FA and said he would have no problem in being his team mate again, saying that everything that had happened was in the past, that they had talked about it and that now they occasionally even go out for drinks together.

sudden

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 24):
Rumors are that Massa will leave Ferrari????

I want to see the source of that rumour, please.

This morning they washed the track with some sort of soap to get rid of the dust, which saw the teams go out on intermediates. Just another evidence that this track is a joke. Yes, I stand by what i said last year. Thank lord that there are still 4 drivers fighting for the WDC as otherwise not much to hope for when it comes to excitement around this track.
When in doubt, flat out!

MadameConcorde

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:13 pm

Quoting sudden (Reply 31):
I want to see the source of that rumour, please.

Cannot see it. It was the BBC commentators during the second practice session.
Among them was Anthony Davidson and Karun Chandhok plus the regular BBC commentator.

Massa had to stop on the straight because of said fuel problems. We heard him on his radio saying that he had run out of fuel which I find hard to believe. The comment came before that.

I hope Hammy will be fastest tomorrow and Sunday and I hope he can win the race.
Also I hope Kamui will finish within the 10 first places.

Go Hammy!!!!! This is your chance to win another Abu Dhabi Grand Prix!!!!!

scbriml

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:54 pm

Quoting bill142 (Reply 29):

I can't see that happening, given Hamilton's only chance to win the WDC is to win the race, so he has as much incentive to win the race as Webber and Vettel have. Of course, Alonso would be delighted to see Hamilton win as it makes his task much easier.

sudden

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:30 am

Quoting scbriml (Reply 33):
I can't see that happening, given Hamilton's only chance to win the WDC is to win the race, so he has as much incentive to win the race as Webber and Vettel have

Not if he's leading with both RBR's behind him.  
To be honest though, I don't there will be a case of Hamilton "letting" the RBR's pass him as in that case they will overtake him.
When in doubt, flat out!

MadameConcorde

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:28 pm

P3 with times

1 S Vettel (GER) Red Bull 1'40.696
2 M Webber (AUS) Red Bull 1'40.829
3 LC Hamilton (GBR) McLaren 1'41.280
4 F Alonso (ESP) Ferrari 1'41.490
5 J Button (GBR) McLaren 1'41.578
6 V Petrov (RUS) Renault 1'41.689
7 M Schumacher (GER) Mercedes 1'41.690
8 N Rosberg (GER) Mercedes 1'41.729
9 R Kubica (POL) Renault 1'41.877
10 N Heidfeld (GER) BMW Sauber 1'41.893
11 N Hülkenberg (GER) Williams 1'41.934
12 F Massa (BRA) Ferrari 1'41.978
13 RG Barrichello (BRA) Williams 1'42.316
14 K Kobayashi (JPN) BMW Sauber 1'42.566
15 A Sutil (GER) Force India 1'42.587
16 V Liuzzi (ITA) Force India 1'42.858
17 J Alguersuari (ESP) Toro Rosso 1'42.993
18 S Buemi (SUI) Toro Rosso 1'43.344
19 H Kovalainen (FIN) Lotus 1'44.876
20 J Trulli (ITA) Lotus 1'45.048
21 T Glock (GER) Virgin Racing 1'45.050
22 B Senna (BRA) HRT F1 1'45.490
23 L Di Grassi (BRA) Virgin Racing 1'45.629
24 C Klien (AUT) HRT F1 1'46.464

Qualfyings to come soon...

Q1

1 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
2 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
3 Germany S Vettel Red Bull
4 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren
5 Australia M Webber Red Bull
6 Great Britain J Button McLaren
7 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
8 Germany N Hulkenberg Williams
9 Russia V Petrov Renault
10 Japan K Kobayashi BMW Sauber
11 Brazil R Barrichello Williams
12 Germany M Schumacher Mercedes
13 Poland R Kubica Renault
14 Germany N Heidfeld BMW Sauber
15 Germany A Sutil Force India
16 Italy V Liuzzi Force India

19 Italy J Trulli Lotus
20 Finland H Kovalainen Lotus
21 Germany T Glock Virgin
23 Brazil B Senna Hispania
24 Austria C Klien Hispania

airplane 

[Edited 2010-11-13 05:25:17]

scbriml

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:25 pm

Quoting sudden (Reply 34):
Not if he's leading with both RBR's behind him.

He still needs to win. There'd always be a chance that Webber & Vettel will fall over each other on the last corner. It's a very long shot, but his ONLY chance for the WDC is to win the race.

MadameConcorde

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Q2

Position Country Driver Team
2 Great Britain J Button McLaren
3 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
5 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren
6 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
7 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
8 Germany M Schumacher Mercedes
9 Brazil R Barrichello Williams
10 Russia V Petrov Renault

11 Poland R Kubica Renault
12 Japan K Kobayashi BMW Sauber
15 Germany N Hulkenberg Williams

Close encounter between Hammy and Massa. He did not expect to have the Ferrari on the way.
Hammy messed up. Could find him in trouble with the race stewards. Maybe a penalty?

bill142

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:02 pm

It's all bad news for Webber  

MadameConcorde

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:04 pm

I am not going to complain about this last qualifying!!!
Vettel made Pole but.... hmmmm... Webber?????? Noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren
3 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
4 Great Britain J Button McLaren
5 Australia M Webber Red Bull
6 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
7 Brazil R Barrichello Williams
8 Germany M Schumacher Mercedes
9 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
10 Russia V Petrov Renault
11 Poland R Kubica Renault
12 Japan K Kobayashi BMW Sauber
15 Germany N Hulkenberg Williams
19 Italy J Trulli Lotus
20 Finland H Kovalainen Lotus
21 Germany T Glock Virgin
23 Brazil B Senna Hispania
24 Austria C Klien Hispania

FORZA MCLAREN!!!!
FORZA FERRARI!!!!!

ANYTHING BUT RED BULL!!!!!!

CXB77L

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:07 pm

Pole isn't exactly great news for Vettel either. He needs to do what he can to win the race, but if Alonso stays third, he wins the title. If anything, having Webber so far down can play into Alonso's hands. I'm hoping that both Button and Webber get past Alonso, so that if Vettel wins and Alonso finish fifth, Vettel will be champion.

Go Sebastian!! 
Boeing 777 fanboy

sudden

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Interesting thing is that if Massa (on the clean side) can overtake Webber (on the dirty side), he can sort of control Webber's pace a little. Not by much that's for sure, but enough to let Alonso escape and build up a gap.

By the way,
Wonder if Hamilton will keep his spot on the grid, or will get a penalty.

[Edited 2010-11-13 06:15:47]
When in doubt, flat out!

MadameConcorde

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Quoting CXB77L (Reply 40):
Pole isn't exactly great news for Vettel either.

He is certainly the King of Poles for this 2010 season.
Now we must wait until tomorrow. The game isn't over yet!

FORZA MCLAREN
FORZA FERRARI

ANYTHING BUT RED BULL

GrahamHill

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Congrats to Vettel for his 10th pole!

On the other hand, Webber compromised his chances with only 5th position. It will be tough for him to win the WDC, though anything can happen during a race.

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 19):

If Alonso ends up winning...I hope for his sake its by more than 7 points...otherwise I believe his title is tainted.

Same here.
"A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant one" - Moliere

photopilot

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:19 pm

Anybody love conspiracies?
Massa starts beside Webber. Does he take him OUT at the first corner? Or maybe just a little "bump" to slice a tire down?
Or does Webber, knowing he likely won't win the Championship, take out Alonso with a "tap" at corner 1 thereby handing the Championship to Vettel if he goes on to win the race?

Oh..... this could be interesting.  

bill142

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Quoting photopilot (Reply 44):

I think Webber might be better placed on getting the voodoo dolls out and pushing pins into Alonso engine.

codeshare
Topic Author

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:02 pm

I have mixed feeling about the qualifying. Seems that Webber will have it the hardest. Knowing that Webbo doesn't always get a good start Massa should be able to pass him and therefore block him for quite a few laps. Barichello and Schumacher could also cause a stir if Webbo falls further down the order. Up front Alonso and Hamilton will try to get pas Vettel who as we saw this season doesn't win most of the time when he's on P1. And then there's Button who I think can drive a good race and finish on the podium, he was quite a different driver in the Q session.

But we'll see how it goes tomorrow...

KS/codeshare

sudden

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 42):
ANYTHING BUT RED BULL

Care to elaborate cause not long ago you found that Kamui would do great in a RBR car!?
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Quoting sudden (Reply 47):
Care to elaborate cause not long ago you found that Kamui would do great in a RBR car!?

Maybe that's the reason. Because Kobayshi isn't in am RBR next season.

A note on the actual proceedings; Hamilton has avoided a penalty on his near miss with Massa where he took out the bollard. The stewards deemed no investigation was necessary after talking with the drivers.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88241

scbriml

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Quoting bill142 (Reply 48):
The stewards deemed no investigation was necessary after talking with the drivers.

Hardly surprising as Ferrari will be delighted if Hamilton takes points away from Webber.