WarRI1
Topic Author

Lou Dobbs Signs With Fox

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:50 am

http://money.cnn.com/2010/11/10/news...ndex.htm?section=money_mostpopular

Why does this not surprise me. Lou Dobbs is going to work in Finance for Fox. I hope he sticks with finanace. We do not need more blather from Fox.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

dxing

RE: Lou Dobbs Signs With Fox

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:43 am

Usually when someone with Dobbs stature leaves a network there is written into his contract a clause that prohibits him from working for a rival for a defined period of time. A year sounds about right for him.

It's FBN, if you don't suscribe you probably don't get it on the basic cable package.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

WarRI1
Topic Author

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:56 am

Quoting dxing (Reply 1):
Usually when someone with Dobbs stature leaves a network there is written into his contract a clause that prohibits him from working for a rival for a defined period of time. A year sounds about right for him.

It sure seems like it, one year to the day. I guess he could afford the year off, no problem.

Aaron747

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:56 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Thread starter):

Why does this not surprise me. Lou Dobbs is going to work in Finance for Fox. I hope he sticks with finanace. We do not need more blather from Fox.

Didn't care much for his other bloviating, but I always loved seeing Dobbs go ape on CNN regarding the antics of Wall Street and the Fed. This guy has covered finance for years and as some would recall started CNN Money way back when. He absolutely can't stand the culture of risk and short-term gain that has proliferated on Wall Street at the expense of the rest of us and I commend him for it.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

dxing

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:25 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 2):
It sure seems like it, one year to the day. I guess he could afford the year off, no problem.

Dobbs has a horse farm and several other business ventures. He could leave broadcasting tomorrow and not have to worry about buying groceries next week.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

Confuscius

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Quoting dxing (Reply 4):
Dobbs has a horse farm...

Hope he got a pay raise so he can hire more illegals.

...Mrs. Harsh former nanny is looking for one.

[Edited 2010-11-11 11:15:40]
Ain't I a stinker?

dxing

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:04 pm

Quoting Confuscius (Reply 5):

Hope he got a pay raise so he can hire more illegals.

Yet another smoke screen by the left.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-10-07/u...igrants-lou-dobbs-workers?_s=PM:US

Dobbs, who left CNN in November 2009, repeatedly asked Macdonald whether he or his companies had ever hired an illegal immigrant.

"No," she said.

Her accusation that he should have checked the contractors that his companies were hiring would be akin to you checking the paperwork of all those working at the grocery store you use.

N1120A

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:30 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 3):

Didn't care much for his other bloviating, but I always loved seeing Dobbs go ape on CNN regarding the antics of Wall Street and the Fed. This guy has covered finance for years and as some would recall started CNN Money way back when. He absolutely can't stand the culture of risk and short-term gain that has proliferated on Wall Street at the expense of the rest of us and I commend him for it.

Dobbs was quite good until he went off the deep end, Ray Nagin style, on the single issue of immigration. His extreme xenophobia ruined an otherwise excellent record.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

WarRI1
Topic Author

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:48 am

I have watched Lou Dobbs, more than once, he was right some times and many times far to the right. It was quite obvious at times. I do think it sad that people including Lou Dobbs, pass the buck about not knowing, they do not care. It is a cop out. One can avoid illegal aliens very easily, if one wants to. Trust me, I have no problem at all, on people I hire. I think Fox hiring Dobbs maybe just a little hypocrical, with his unrelenting stance on illegal aliens, he said he was not against legal immigration. He is guilty of obfuscating, me thinks on this subject, where he is concerned.

Mir

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:13 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 8):
I think Fox hiring Dobbs maybe just a little hypocrical, with his unrelenting stance on illegal aliens, he said he was not against legal immigration.

You can be against illegal aliens and still be for legal immigration. Just because you don't like illegal immigration doesn't mean you have dislike all immigration (though there are certainly those that feel that way).

Quoting N1120A (Reply 7):
Dobbs was quite good until he went off the deep end, Ray Nagin style, on the single issue of immigration.

Which is why a business network would be a pretty good place for him. Can't talk much immigration there without looking ridiculous.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

WarRI1
Topic Author

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:29 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 9):
You can be against illegal aliens and still be for legal immigration

I am certainly that.

Quoting Mir (Reply 9):
Just because you don't like illegal immigration doesn't mean you have dislike all immigration (though there are certainly those that feel that way).

I have mixed emotions about legal immigration. I see the population booming, crowds wherever you go, poverty climbing, jobs going, education failing, welfare out of control, do we really need more people to feed, house and employ in this age of exploitation by almost everyone. The politicians exploit the voters, the corporations exploit the workers, the welfare agencies exploit the taxpayers, the churchs exploit the faithful, workers who are exploited by the corporations, turn round and exploit the illegal aliens looking for work. We are in a golden age of exploitation. Fox news exploits the gullible, I thought I would throw that in, and see if anyone noticed.  

N1120A

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:54 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 9):

Which is why a business network would be a pretty good place for him. Can't talk much immigration there without looking ridiculous.

Since when does someone care if they look ridiculous on FOX?
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss