kaitak
Topic Author

17 Nov: 25th Anniversary Of Les Mis In Cinemas!

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:38 pm

I've just come back from one of the most enjoyable cinema experiences I've ever had - the 25th anniversary concert of Les Mis; the concert is being shown in cinemas around the world and from the 17th Nov, you'll be able to see this in the US; if you get the chance, don't miss it! It's an absolutely fabulous performance and here's one example; the guy playing Jean Valjean, Alfie Boe, has a superb voice - a worthy successor to Colm Wilkinson and many of the other great actors/singers who have played this role:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX7PYCWzH9I&feature=player_embedded#!

Lea Salonga was superb as Fantine and the rest of the cast, just as good; I have to mention Matt Lucas (of Little Britain fame) as Thenardier, the innkeeper.

The DVD should be out before Christmas, so even if you can't get to the cinema, get this. I certainly will be!

Well done to all involved; I saw the 10th anniversary concert, which was excellent, but this was just in a different league!

bananaboy

RE: 17 Nov: 25th Anniversary Of Les Mis In Cinemas!

Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:43 am

Great show wasn't it? Saw it at a local cinema in the UK just before I left as they were broadcasting it live.

Matt Lucas was surprisingly good.

Mark
All my life, I've been kissing, your top lip 'cause your bottom one's missing

grozzy

RE: 17 Nov: 25th Anniversary Of Les Mis In Cinemas!

Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:23 am

I saw it a few weeks ago here in Sydney. I loved it, but after 25 years the original cast still out shone the current.
Colm Wilkinson still sounds great and is the definitive Valjean