User avatar
Topic Author
Posts: 8561
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Incredible Video Of Osaka

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:21 pm

By far the best video I've ever seen of a Japanese city from the air - the blade runner style of metropolis just going on forever and ever until touchdown in the urbanized surroundings of Itami airport.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:14 pm

RE: Incredible Video Of Osaka

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:33 pm

Really reminds me of the view when approaching MEX. Buildings... buildings... buildings... steep 110 deg left turn... buildings getting closer, and closer, and closer... oh shiii... *gasp* a runway! *touchdown*     

EDIT: great example

[Edited 2011-01-23 10:35:23]
Posts: 5077
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:16 am

RE: Incredible Video Of Osaka

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Very good video .... man what a metropolis indeed. !

I love the name Osaka .... always have for some reason . I named my band Osaka in the late 80's it just sounded cool ! And our drummer had a rising sun on his Bass Head! 
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !
User avatar
Posts: 4162
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

RE: Incredible Video Of Osaka

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Wow, great find Aaron, thanks for sharing.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:48 pm

RE: Incredible Video Of Osaka

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:56 pm

Yowsa!! That's kinda mindboggling. Thanks for sharing.
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.
Posts: 3858
Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 5:52 am

RE: Incredible Video Of Osaka

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:18 am

Reminds me of the approach into Sao Paulo - endless rows of buildings upon buildings as far as the eye can see - one of the World's largest megacities.
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:39 am

RE: Incredible Video Of Osaka

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:44 am

Awesome find - thanks for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent in Osaka last year and the video got me feeling all nostalgic for the place!
When I die, when I die, I'll rot. But when I live, when I live, I'll give it all I've got.
Posts: 9229
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:08 pm

RE: Incredible Video Of Osaka

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:42 am

Good find.

My take for the long awaited new B-787 inaugural first commercial flight with ANA:
Haneda to Itami and return.


I give it 90% chances the other 10% for:
Haneda-Kansai airport (KIX) and return.

There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:22 am

RE: Incredible Video Of Osaka

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:40 pm

GREAT video. This is an excellent overview of Osaka.

I used to live in Kawachi-Nagano, a suburb of Osaka! I have flown out of both Itami (before Kansai opened) and Kansai! My family would sometimes go watch planes just before the runway at Itami! Check out pictures of Itami. GREAT place for spotting! Kansai also is great for spotting.

Anyone spending time in Osaka needs to also visit the Modern Transportation Museum. It showcases the history of Japan's train history. It has some excellent train exhibits as well as a couple small aircraft.
Posts: 5983
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:15 am

RE: Incredible Video Of Osaka

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Very cool. Kind of like going through Tokyo on the train - the cityscape seems to never, ever end!
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:30 pm

RE: Incredible Video Of Osaka

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:55 pm

EPIC EPIC EPIC!!!!!!!!!! Thanks sooooooooo much. It really makes me wonder how people can be on laptops or sleeping or whatever with a truly staggaring view like that out the window.
From the airport with love
User avatar
Posts: 3078
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:19 pm

RE: Incredible Video Of Osaka

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:32 am

The view is absolutely stunning. I'm flying to Osaka on Friday from SFO. Can't wait to explore this city!!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobPatterson, Calder, EA CO AS, OA412, Tugger and 4 guests

Popular Searches On

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos