propilot83
Topic Author

Tire Wear Diagram Chart

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:42 am

I was at Americas Tire Co. and saw a nice colored chart of showing why, how, and what to do of a tire wear diagram chart indicating problems of tire wear, the reason for it, and how to correct the problem, it had a nice picture diagram of each scenario, I wanted to get a copy of that brochure, but I could not. Does anyone know where I can find a accurate and good tire wear diagram chart like I did at America's Tire Co. on the internet? Thanks folks, I appreciate the help.

PPVRA

RE: Tire Wear Diagram Chart

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:56 am

"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

andz

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:46 am

By the time you get to these wear patterns it is too late to correct them with these tyres, you will need to replace them and try not to do the same again.

Check your pressures once a week (cold), check the alignment if the car is running off straight if you let go of the steering wheel, this should be checked anyway every 10,000km.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

TSS

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:11 am

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 1):
How about this one: http://www.procarcare.com/includes/c....html

That one is as good as it gets, and is the same one that's printed in various tire manufacturer's annual guides.

Quoting andz (Reply 2):
By the time you get to these wear patterns it is too late to correct them with these tyres, you will need to replace them and try not to do the same again.

Very true. However, if the bad wear pattern isn't too advanced, as in down to or past the wear bars, you can live with the damaged tires until they're fully worn out.

Quoting andz (Reply 2):
Check your pressures once a week (cold), check the alignment if the car is running off straight if you let go of the steering wheel, this should be checked anyway every 10,000km.

A good rule of thumb is to have your vehicle's alignment checked at every other oil change even if it doesn't pull to one side. A car tracking straight when the steering wheel is let go is a very poor indicator of proper alignment, as it is quite possible for a vehicle's alignment to be out of specification on both sides at once.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!