cpd
Topic Author

Pagani: Huayra è Il Nostro Vento

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Huayra è il nostro vento - Huayra is our wind - an announcement from Horacio Pagani recently.

It's revealed:

http://www.paganiautomobili.it/huayra/default.aspx

And what a powerhouse it is! Powered by a Mercedes Benz M158 V12 engine, 522kW and over 1000Nm of torque, moving the 1300kg beast to some 370km/h, and 0-100km in 3.3sec - a fantastic time for a potent rear-wheel-drive machine. The power is transferred through a 7 speed gearbox.

Cornering forces are said to be 1.5G - and a very interesting feature is the independent rear wings. The interior is typical Pagani quality stuff too - everything inside it looks properly expensive.

Kiwirob

RE: Pagani: Huayra è Il Nostro Vento

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:28 am

Not as pretty as the Zonda, I'm somewhat underwhelmed by it looks, although the performance is fantastic.

cpd
Topic Author

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:40 am

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 1):
I'm somewhat underwhelmed by it looks

Me too - a bit, from some angles. The front is a bit messy, and some bits of the side profile don't quite work (the lower air-intake).

GrahamHill

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:40 am

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 1):
Not as pretty as the Zonda, I'm somewhat underwhelmed by it looks, although the performance is fantastic.

Same feeling here. But I really like the Gull-wing doors, though.
"A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant one" - Moliere

Airstud

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:48 am

This is a somewhat rare case, this.

That is, someone announcing their wind.
Pancakes are delicious.

MadameConcorde

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:26 am

Hmmm... I wonder what price tag comes with this car.

Also I wonder when the first one of these will show itself in the streets of Monaco. The nouveau Russians like these flashy billionaire show piece cars. Ferraris are too cheap for them. Maybe we will see one or two around during the Summer or before even depending when they will be available to the buyers.

As for me I have my Signora del Vento. She is beautiful like a Concorde on sails. I love her very much.

She is so fast at sea when her worthy crew deploys all her beauty to the winds.

Pagani can keep their Huayra. I keep my Signora del Vento.
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

cpd
Topic Author

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:21 am

I'll tell you what - I prefer the Zonda Cinque and the Zonda Tricolore:

All you aviation buffs will love the video on Pagani's site:

http://www.paganiautomobili.it/zonda/zonda_tricolore/default.aspx

Very, very cool video of Frecce Tricolore and the Zonda Tricolore, Pagani's tribute to the famous group of pilots flying those jets in the most amazing way. And I'm also going to miss the sound of the classic Mercedes Benz 7.3L V12 used in the Zonda, it is one of the most surreal sounding engines you'll find in any car.  

It's a tribute to Pagani that he came up with such a sensational car for his first effort on his own (he previously worked at Lamborghini before starting Modena Design). it's also nice that he doesn't mind working on the cars himself.

MadameConcorde

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:40 am

Quoting cpd (Reply 6):
Very, very cool video of Frecce Tricolore and the Zonda Tricolore, Pagani's tribute to the famous group of pilots flying those jets in the most amazing way.

I am not sure I like the Zonda but the Frecce are certainly the best display team after the Red Arrows along with the Patrouille Suisse.
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde