ual747den

Please Help Me! (Heart Hunt)

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:21 am

Here we go!
So I live in a city that is very big on Valentines Day. In my city they have a contest each year where they hide a heart and give out clues to where it is each day in the news paper. Somehow I was talked into helping my friend drive around and look for the heart tonight and after a little while of "hunting" I found myself having fun and completely focused on the "mission"! The problem is that we never found the heart! Here is where you come in, I know that you do not live in my city or know anything about where I live but I am hoping that you can help me to better understand the clues. Each one of them have a hidden meaning and figuring out that meaning is not something that I have been very good at. I hope that when I post these clues and have people from all over the world reading them I will get some good ideas. So please take a few minuets and read through the clues, after you have read them post a reply and let me know what ideas you have and how you interpreted the clue. Again thank you for the help and I will keep everyone updated on how the search is going!

City: Loveland, Colorado, USA

Clue #1:
Stay far from the churches, business, and schools
Public property only - those are the rules!
Only this paper will serve you the clue.
Cimmaron's nose tells you what to do.

Bonus word: ROUND

Clue #2:
Cherry trees grew in this region en masse
Reminder to players to "Do Not Trespass."
The bottom of bag; barren and stark,
Playground? Park bench? Industrial park?

Bonus word: SOLITARY

Clue #3:
Park illegally - get a citation
Snow will not cover this hidden location
Never before so near to the track
Pitchfork carrier's stack in the back

Bonus word: EMPTY

Clue #4:
Be it ever so humble, the train cars will rumble
The weeds they will tumble, our "hunters" will grumble
Wood is a clue, but not in a tree
Northwest of one four, but southeast of one three.

Bonus word: POUCH

All clues are typed EXACTLY as they appear in the paper so please take a look at anything you may find odd and point it out to me! I will update the clues as soon as I get them and again THANK YOU for your help!
/// UNITED AIRLINES

oly720man

RE: Please Help Me! (Heart Hunt)

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Looking around, __Cimarron__ not Cimmaron, is an outdoor installation in Benson Park, Loveland. It's a horse

http://www.gallerymar.com/artists/wayne-salge/cimarron-ii/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/slider5/4767708070/

Follow the nose?
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

ual747den

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Todays Clue!!!!!!!!!!!

Clue #5:
We're bound to never just reveal
the hiding place that we conceal.
North of thirty four is fruitless
Downtown searches really bootless

Bonus word: YELLOW

I did check out the Cimarron Sculpture in the Sculpture Park but that did not lead me to anything. I think however it might be a clue that his nose is pointing in a South Southwest direction.

I really think people on here could be useful. I am thinking about all the clues from the perspective of someone who knows the city well, none of you know the city so you have a completely different way of thinking about the clues and I want to hear exactly what you are thinking!!!!! Help me out here people, if someone gives me a tip that helps me I will make sure I mail you something nice!
/// UNITED AIRLINES

Lufthansa411

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:41 am

I took Cimmaron's Nose to mean "look upwards", and the fact that it is on public property that will never be covered in snow. Is there a park of some sort with a pavilion where the heart would be hidden in the rafters? Perhaps a pavillion with a "telephone shaped" support post? Is there a gazebo in town?
Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood.

TSS

Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:25 am

Quoting UAL747DEN (Thread starter):
Never before so near to the track
Pitchfork carrier's stack in the back
Quoting UAL747DEN (Thread starter):
Wood is a clue, but not in a tree
Northwest of one four, but southeast of one three.
Quoting UAL747DEN (Reply 2):
Bonus word: YELLOW

There is what appears to be some sort of horse training/boarding facility on West County Road 16 just east of South County Road 21. It's in a relatively isolated area northwest of West County Road 14, it has a large track near the main road, and all it's barns and outbuildings appear to be painted yellow. Hay would be my guess as to what a "pitchfork carrier's stack" is.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

TSS

Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Also, northwest of 42nd Street SE/County Road 14 and southeast of South County Road 13, there is an odd, solitary, round yellow structure that resembles a giant martini shaker with a small conventional building attached at it's base. This structure is on a dirt road that leads to what appears to be an oil well in the middle of a field. The entrance to this dirt road is across South County Road 13 and slightly southeast of Via Real.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!