dl021
Topic Author

Need Some Help In London, England (not Ontario)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 am

Anyone in London, England that can do me a favor? I need someone who will go in person to Tiffany's to pick something up for me and have them ship it to me at home. My wife has a charm bracelet from Tiffany's and she lost a charm that they're not making anymore and our local guy says there's one left in the world and the guys in London don't want to ship it to them (it's not a big ticket item and I don't get the impression they're interested in screwing with it).

It's not going to require you to do anything other than show up there and talk to the salesperson. I will pay for it and pay for shipping. Let me know if there is anyone who can help me out here. I was actually ready to go myself but there's go to be someone in London who can do this without me shelling out for a ticket that costs 3 times what the charm costs.

Let me know and contact me via PM or email if you prefer.

Thanks in advance!
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

GST

RE: Need Some Help In London, England (not Ontario)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:34 am

Do you not have any friends / relatives / colleagues / ex colleagues that may be passing through? It seems to be taking a massive risk to get some randomer off the internet to post it to you, even if they do have an aviation interest in common. Afraid I'm a good way outside of London, and only extremely rarely go there.

lhr380

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:55 am

Im very surprised Tiffanys wont help you. You can get couriers like Fedex and DHL to collect it from them so they don't have to do anything except a little paperwork.
(The views on this site are my own and no one elses)

dl021
Topic Author

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:56 am

Quoting GST (Reply 1):
Do you not have any friends / relatives / colleagues / ex colleagues that may be passing through?

Other than the ten or twenty friends I have on A.net who live in the UK, several of whom have already contacted me to volunteer, no.

Quoting lhr380 (Reply 2):
Im very surprised Tiffanys wont help you.

You and me both! I will say that it's not the worlds most expensive item (actually a rather low end item for them) and I just don't think any of the London sales staff is interested in helping. Funny....I walked onto the 2d floor at the NY store to look at Patek Phillipes (an entire floor of them) and couldn't get waited on for anything. For all they knew I was a filthy rich Greek airline tycoon with a hankering for a grossly expensive watch, but they acted like they were non-commissioned union workers....

so I showed them....I went straight to Sears and bought a Timex.

Thanks all...I got the help I needed.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?