BlueElephant
Topic Author

Official Cricket World Cup 2011 Thread

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:20 pm

Kind of surprised to not see a thread for this yet.

The first match is underway and India is looking sharp with Sehwag hitting a 175 and India going up 370-4

I can't possibly see Bangladesh bouncing back.

I think this is going to be a very good World Cup for the Indian squad. But watch them somehow lose it all somewhere down the line like they did in the West Indies.

Anyone else want to chime in on who they think will win?

signol

RE: Official Cricket World Cup 2011 Thread

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:59 pm

As much as I'd like England to win, after a dismal performance against Australia in the post-Ashes series, I can't see it happening. I think the eventual winners will be one of India, Sri Lanka or South Africa.

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

CPH-R

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:46 pm

I'm looking at one of the subcontinent teams to take the title. Well, probably not Bangladesh, but India and Sri Lanka are definantly favourites, and you never know what you'll get with Pakistan - except that it can't help be entertaining.

As much as I'd like to see South Africa lose the 'chokers'-tag, they have a new'ish middle order and they lack a serious spinner. Because as much as I love seeing Steyn and Morkel go at it, they'll only cover 20 overs in total and after that it's up to the new guys to show some guts.

England and Australia are both outsiders in with a shot, even if neither of them have had the best pre-tournament preparations (and I can imagine the England players to be sick and tired of touring by now - they've been away since what, October?). England have Graeme Swann which ought to count for something in the subcontinent, and their pacers aren't hald-bad either, while Australia are, well, Australia I suppose.

HAWK21M

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am

One Good Victory for INDIA.....Revenge for the shock of 2007.

Somehow INDIA seems one of the stronger teams....However their Fielding & Fast Bowling dept need fine tuning.

Looks like Sri-Lanka or INDIA.
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)