cpd
Topic Author

Nouva Simonelli Oscar/Musica Opinions

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:29 am

http://www.lamborghinicaffe.com.au/espresso-machine/musica.php
http://www.lamborghinicaffe.com.au/espresso-machine/oscar.php

My old coffee machine has had a failure - it can be fixed, but internally, the thing is suffering as well and will probably start leaking in the future.  

Looking at a few options as far as coffee machines go, looking at some HX machines - those two above, since they are in a reasonable price range. Has anyone had experience with those?

cpd
Topic Author

RE: Nouva Simonelli Oscar/Musica Opinions

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Got the Nuova Simonelli Musica:

my Nuova Simonelli Musica, tank version

Couldn't help but take a photo of it.   This one is the tank-equipped version, rather than the plumbed in version.

It's entirely push-button, except for the steam wand that is controlled by the black lever - very convenient.

My old coffee machine wasn't that powerful, it was a decent home coffee machine. This monster however, is a top-end home machine, almost low-to-mid range commercial thing!

Once I got the grinder set correctly for this thing - the coffee I get from it is amazing - strong, but sweet as well, with a good crema too. The taste was what surprised me - using Illy beans freshly ground, just wonderful.

The machine is a heat-exchanger one, 3 litre tank, 2 litre boiler, and the steam wand on it, hell, you can steam up your entire kitchen with it - that's how powerful it is! It's also got a hot-water wand - that's very effective - instant hot water, and when I say hot - I mean really hot, scalding hot.

The cup warmer at the top doesn't seem to warm the cups that quickly, but maybe it needs time. After a short few hours of playing around with it - I'm really impressed.

[Edited 2011-03-16 05:53:25]