seb146
Topic Author

How Do I Bankroll Something?

Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:09 am

I am addicted to travel shows because I want to travel. I especially like the shows "Departures" and "Globe Trekker" because they show more what a real country is like. What I want to know is: How do these people get to travel all over the world with (seemingly) little money? Especially on "Departures." I have an idea for a travel show similar to these, but I don't know where to go for funding or even pitch the idea. But, I am the one who would want to go to those places.
Life in the wall is a drag.

AeroWesty

RE: How Do I Bankroll Something?

Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:23 am

First do a demo reel/pilot for the location where you are now (you can do it with any type of camera that does video capture plus basic editing software). Give people an idea of what to expect from your unique perspective. Then package it with your program outline and begin to shop it with agents to get a feel for if it's something that could gather some support for production.
International Homo of Mystery

ipodguy7

Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:57 am

Sorry, a bit off topic from the OP, but I just watched the episode in Ascension Island and instantly I fell in love with this show. I wish more episodes were on the internet.
AA/DL/NW/CO/UA/US/B6/AC/FI/NY/EI/BD/BA/AF/AZ/DY/SK/QF/JQ

seb146
Topic Author

Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:22 pm

Quoting ipodguy7 (Reply 2):
I just watched the episode in Ascension Island and instantly I fell in love with this show.

Which show is that?

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 1):
do a demo reel/pilot for the location where you are now

All very good points. Thank you!
Life in the wall is a drag.

ipodguy7

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 3):
Which show is that?

The Departures show. It is really cool and different from the shows on American networks (Anthony Bourdain, Samantha Brown, Andrew Zimmern, etc.)
AA/DL/NW/CO/UA/US/B6/AC/FI/NY/EI/BD/BA/AF/AZ/DY/SK/QF/JQ