JJJ
Topic Author

4 Clásicos In 3 Weeks?

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:04 am

There's still the return leg to be played, but after yesterday and the day before CL results, it's very likely that we'll see 4 Madrid-Barça in a 3-week span!

Starting next week:

April 16th - Madrid - Barça (league)
April 20th - Madrid - Barça (cup final, in VLC)
April 27th - Madrid - Barça (CL semis)
May 3rd - Barça - Madrid (CL semis return)

Hopefully Madrid will have learnt a bit after the 5-0 thumping earlier on and we'll see some good footballing from both sides.

Predictions?

gosimeon

RE: 4 Clásicos In 3 Weeks?

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:55 am

I didn't realise there were so many coming up, excellent!

I think Barca will win them all. I know that might sound stupid, but they're just unreal right now, so good.

alberchico

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Quoting gosimeon (Reply 1):
I think Barca will win them all.

I agree. There dosen't seem to be any good strategy for defeating a team that plays possession like Barcelona. Regardless what happens José Mourinho won't be going anywhere. But to be fair just like Real Madrid some time ago , Barcelona is experiencing its golden years.
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

airkas1
Crew

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:05 pm

Quoting JJJ (Thread starter):
April 16th - Madrid - Barça (league)
April 20th - Madrid - Barça (cup final, in VLC)
April 27th - Madrid - Barça (CL semis)
May 3rd - Barça - Madrid (CL semis return)

I've read somewhere that Mourinho might put up a B-team against Barca in the league match, to save the most important players for the final of the Copa del Rey. Not sure how much of that is true, but we'll find out in a week.

Barca are absolutely amazing this year and I hope they will win all matches against Real (also because C.Ronaldo is such an arrogant and annoying prick).
Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

JJJ
Topic Author

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Quoting airkas1 (Reply 3):
I've read somewhere that Mourinho might put up a B-team against Barca in the league match, to save the most important players for the final of the Copa del Rey. Not sure how much of that is true, but we'll find out in a week.

It might actually be 2 B-teams who meet in the first match.

Barça has built a large enough lead that it can afford to lose at the Bernabéu and nothing will happen to its title run. OTOH, Madrid fans will not tolerate that Barça walk over Madrid in their stadium for the 3rd year in a row and the 5-0 at BCN is still there to be avenged so the first match is really Mourinho's to lose.

A cup final is a one-off, so the 2nd match will probably be the most interesting one of all four, as everything will be decided there and then, so should be less tactic and cautious on both parts.

Then, CL, who knows what will happen then