Revelation
Topic Author

Cheap Flights (Irish Ryanair Musical Parody)

Wed May 25, 2011 12:17 am

Got this in the email inbox from a relative:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/HPyl2tOaKxM

Some may not like the olde Irish style of presentation, but I think it's pretty funny.

I got a good refresher course on (mild) forms of Irish cursing!  
Inspiration, move me brightly!

kaitak

RE: Cheap Flights (Irish Ryanair Musical Parody)

Fri May 27, 2011 3:44 am

I don't know if you're familiar with the comedy show "Fr. Ted", but that gives you some further examples of Irish cursing (something which, of course, we do only very rarely!)

I love this piece; this is a superb group. They've been around for well over 20 years and they've been deservedly very successful.

I've always been curious to know what Ryanair makes of this; I'd say Michael O'Leary would probably be laughing as hard as (or harder than) than anyone else! (There's only one airline flying from Stansted to Co. Kerry!

signol

Fri May 27, 2011 4:43 am

Quoting kaitak (Reply 1):
I've always been curious to know what Ryanair makes of this

Any publicity is good publicity  

Though they do keep going on about paying for the loo, which won't happen...

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

Revelation
Topic Author

Fri May 27, 2011 12:17 pm

I don't know if you're familiar with the comedy show "Fr. Ted", but that gives you some further examples of Irish cursing (something which, of course, we do only very rarely!)

Yep, that was part of the charm of it.

My only real interaction with someone from Ireland is my aunt and her brother, but being in their 70s they are of the generation that didn't curse to the degree that my generation and the ones that follow do. My aunt surely is opinionated and surely can hold a grudge like no one I've ever met, but she never curses. Somehow I wonder if a few good curse words would get it all out of her system? But she really has a clever way of using the rest of the language.

I love this piece; this is a superb group. They've been around for well over 20 years and they've been deservedly very successful.

Yes, clearly very talented, and such a performance doesn't come without a lot of practice as well as talent.

I've always been curious to know what Ryanair makes of this; I'd say Michael O'Leary would probably be laughing as hard as (or harder than) than anyone else! (There's only one airline flying from Stansted to Co. Kerry!

I don't know MOL but if he laughed he is really gifted at not taking himself seriously, because there were a lot of sharp jabs thrown his way!

Well, they were thrown at Ryanair, but still....

In any case, I thought the peace was just amusing till the part where they started in on Stansted and having to pay for a taxi in London, and from that part on, I thought it was hilarious! Of course that's part of the charm of the piece, they start slow and start piling on till it does become hilarious.
Inspiration, move me brightly!