weebie
Topic Author

Anyone Ever Hit A Kangaroo On The Golf Course?

Mon May 30, 2011 3:03 am

On the 17th yesterday came very close. About 50 or so roos were just welll being roos about 60m in front of the tee. My drive was low and hard and missed one by about 25cm. Anyone ever hit one of the course? If so did it die or survive the hit or perish?

In case anyone is wondering also it's quite common for Golf courses in Australia to have Kangaroos everywhere. Bloody little things annoy you when they stare at you taking your shot in the rough.

ATTart

RE: Anyone Ever Hit A Kangaroo On The Golf Course?

Mon May 30, 2011 3:24 am

My partner and I had one jump into the side of our Bus (Coach). We had just left visiting family in Bribie Island. I was video taping one on the other side of the road and fence. As, I was doing that. it turned towards the fence, jumped the fence and was coming towards our bus. I thought for sure it was going to stop and turn away. Nope it did not, Slam into the side of our bus it went. It left a nice dent in the side of the bus..

[Edited 2011-05-29 20:29:56]

[Edited 2011-05-29 20:30:37]
Remember: When someone talks behind your back, it only means you're two steps ahead of them!

Dreadnought

Mon May 30, 2011 3:42 am

Quoting weebie (Thread starter):

Sure, here in the US they are right next to the pink elephants!
Forget dogs and cats - Spay and neuter your liberals.

Venus6971

Mon May 30, 2011 4:18 am

No but I had to play through a opossum once, they are a marsupial like a roo. City folk think they are ugly cats with the mange.
I would help you but it is not in the contract

CanadianDC10

Mon May 30, 2011 4:24 am

I sure hope no one has hit any living thing on the golf course.

About 50 or so roos were just welll being roos about 60m in front of the tee. My drive was low and hard and missed one by about 25cm.

Why not scare them off first instead of carelessly driving the ball into the group of them? Or aim somwhere else. Poor little guys.   This post offends me because you make it sound so casual and ok to hit an animal with a golf ball whether or not it dies. They have a right to safely enjoy their habitat as much as humans do. They don't know if they're on a golf course or road or whatever.

weebie
Topic Author

Mon May 30, 2011 4:36 am

I don't know how the post would offend you how does it affect you?

You can't just go up to a group of Kangaroos and hope they fly away like seagulls doesn't work like that. I wasn't trying to hit them I was trying to get a good shot away.

ATTart

Mon May 30, 2011 5:16 am

I do like Kangaroo Burgers!!
Remember: When someone talks behind your back, it only means you're two steps ahead of them!

scbriml

Mon May 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Ah, I got completely the wrong end of the stick when I read the thread title!

Well hello!
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

bj87

Mon May 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Quoting CanadianDC10 (Reply 4):
I sure hope no one has hit any living thing on the golf course.

Well, I did hit my uncle once. He's an avid golfer. I have played it three times now, not my cup of tea so I won't go for the fourth game.

Little tip: When playing with a novel golfer don't stand left or right of where you think the ball should go. Stand 4 meters behind the golfer or exactly on the spot where you think the ball SHOULD land and you'll be perfectly safe 
Quoting scbriml (Reply 7):

LOL

Mir

Mon May 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 2):

Sure, here in the US they are right next to the pink elephants!

Yeah, I might have hit one once or twice. Not nearly as much as the clowns or windmills, though.   

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

EasternSon

Mon May 30, 2011 1:29 pm

No, but the first time I golfed in Australia, I was new to the continent, and not familiar with all of the wildlife.

I stood on the 17th tee box (a par three) and watched what I thought were two giant mice run across the green several times.

I stood for a while in disbelief until the group behind me asked why I hadn't teed off. I pointed as another emerged from behind the green.

They all laughed, and said that the Wombats had become a nuisance on the course. They assured me they weren't dangerous, and wouldn't steal my ball.

Very strange experience.
"The only people for me are the mad ones...." Jack Kerouac