AustrianZRH
Topic Author

Does Anyone Believe This North Korea Statement?

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:10 am

A news report about some artillery shooting at the Korean border had a link to the English website of the NK government. Next to other ridiculous stuff they claim

Quoting http://www.korea-dpr.com/reunification.htm:

Korea is an independent and sovereign state, but the southern part of the country is still controlled by imperialist interests and US troops. If any south Korean citizen so much as tries to visit North Korea by crossing the huge concrete wall, he will be met with deadly force from the American soldiers. The so-called “Security Law” in south Korea forbids any south Korean citizen from talking or even reading about the North by threat of imprisonment or even execution.

As I sincerely doubt that any South Korean was ever imprisoned or executed for reading about the North, I wonder if they can get any more ridiculous...
WARNING! The post above should be taken with a grain of salt! Furthermore, it may be slightly biased towards A.

Rara

RE: Does Anyone Believe This North Korea Statement?

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:45 am

This website is quite a classic. It's made by the Korean Friendship Association (KFA), and it was already online at a time where next to no country had an "official website". Used to be a lot better though - these days it looks almost professional.

This KFA is a sinister organization made up of people who support North Korea, but are not North Korean themselves and do not live there. Again many years ago, they had an open forum on the internet. I never did figure out whether they're deluded, or taking the piss, or have ulterior motives that go beyond the obvious.

edit: for instance, look at that  Smilehttp://alejandrocaodebenos.com/cgi-bin/weblog_basic/index.php?p=156
baffling

[Edited 2011-08-10 02:49:12]
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

signol

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:48 am

Where's Anonymous when you need them?  

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

travelavnut

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:51 am

I would take any statement from the KFA or the KCNA ( http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm ) with 10 metric ton of salt. I read those websites quite reguraly because I'm planning to go there in 2012 (through the KFA actually) and it's quite clear that almost anything coming out of NK is complete and utter propoganda BS.

[Edited 2011-08-10 02:52:17]
Live From Amsterdam!

Dreadnought

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:11 pm

Quoting AustrianZRH (Thread starter):
I wonder if they can get any more ridiculous...

Kim Jong Il is also the world's greatest golfer. According to official NK news, he shot 38 under par, including 11 holes-in-one - on his very first time on a golf course http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...ne/WTARC/2004/ea_nkorea_06_16.html
Forget dogs and cats - Spay and neuter your liberals.

NIKV69

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Quoting AustrianZRH (Thread starter):
I wonder if they can get any more ridiculous...

They said the reason their soccer team was playing bad is that they all got hit by lightning so I doubt they could.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

PanHAM

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Quoting Rara (Reply 1):
edit: for instance, look at that Smilehttp://alejandrocaodebenos.com/cgi-bin/weblog_basic/index.php?p=156
baffling

where's Don Camillo when he's needed?  

What state of mind must one have as a European supporting an an absolute, feudalist dynasty in the 21st century?

If I could spare checking my emails and internet for a couple of days I'd like to visit that rare species of country, after all, how log will it still be possible to time travel into the past?