Airstud
Topic Author

Rules Of The Minnesota Road

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:22 am

Well, tomorrow I am taking the Knowledge Test to get my Minnesota driver's license. My California license expires on 9/20 and I guess it's amazing how long I've put off getting a Minnesota one, even though I don't have a car. I mean I have lived out here since last summer...

The truth is I am such a d*mned perfectionist that I've been completely paralyzed by the notion that I won't pass the knowledge test. Even that were true, I'm not sure why the thought of it was such a non-starter...ya go back and take the test again, for cry eye. Obviously though, that's unacceptable for a perfectionist.

Left turn on red? Really? That's legal? According to the driver's manual I'm looking at, it is...except in California it's legal only when turning on to a one-way street. The manual I'm looking at doesn't specify that; it says only that you have to come to a stop and then make sure there's no pedestrians yadda yadda yadda and that you can execute the turn safely.

Left turn on to a two-way street, on a red light, really?   
Pancakes are delicious.

Stealthz

RE: Rules Of The Minnesota Road

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:24 am

Quoting Airstud (Thread starter):
The manual I'm looking at doesn't specify that; it says only that you have to come to a stop and then make sure there's no pedestrians yadda yadda yadda and that you can execute the turn safely.

Minnesota drivers manual seems pretty clear to me..

Quote:
Turning on a Red Light

Left Turn
If certain conditions are met, you may make a left turn from a one-way street onto another one-way street while the traffic light is red. Before turning, you must first come to a complete stop, make sure the intersection is clear, and yield to any pedestrians or vehicles. Traffic must be permitted to travel in the direction in which you are turning.
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

Airstud
Topic Author

RE: Rules Of The Minnesota Road

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:47 pm

Quoting stealthz (Reply 1):
you may make a left turn from a one-way street onto another one-way street

See, it's right there in the manual text that you've quoted.

I guess my concerns re: passing the test are pretty well-founded then: I have relapsing remitting blindness.  
Pancakes are delicious.