747400sp
Topic Author

Accord, Camry Or Altima?

Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:25 pm

I thought it be interesting to see which one of these cars, would you pick as your car? I know these are more of a family car, but most of these cars has a good amount of power and they least for a long time.

I drive an Accord, so that's my answer, and I really dislike Camry's, but Altima are pretty sporty.

glid4500

RE: Accord, Camry Or Altima?

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:20 pm

My friend owns a Camry. He regrets buying it and seems to love love my Accord. Very realiable car and hasnt given me any troubles.I've owned a '02 Accord coupe V6 ... then traded it for an '05 Accord Sedan. When I saw the '11 Accord this past March. I fell in love after the test drive... and is presently my current ride. Slightly bigger fuel tank than the '05 model. Mines pictured below is the 4cyl. I did a roadtrip few months back Anaheim - Sacramento - Elk Grove. Drove 433 miles before the low fuel light came on.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6070/6155770314_93a75ee897_b.jpg
Aug 24 2011 028 by ea0719, on Flickr
http://www.facebook.com/ea90744

Braniff747SP

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:26 pm

I'd take the Subaru Legacy; same type of car, but it's a Subaru... 5 star crash rating all around, four wheel drive...

It's a nice car.
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!

Fly2HMO

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:38 pm

Quoting 747400sp (Thread starter):
would you pick as your car?

I can't stand those asian washing machines, so I'd have to go with this:

kngkyle
Crew

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:39 pm

I think they are all kind of ugly and boring designs but if I had to pick one of the three I would go with the Accord. I find Toyota's lineup in particular to be terrible. Yaris, Prius, Corolla, Camry, Avalon... they all just look terrible.

ltbewr

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:54 pm

How about the Hyundai Sonata? They look a lot better than the Camry, probably put together better then the 3 models you mention and probably cheaper then any of them too.

N1120A

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:32 pm

Really depends what you are looking for. For reliability, go with the Camry or Accord. For comfort, probably the Camry. For a blend of sporting character and comfort, probably the Accord. For fuel economy, Accord. For power, the Altima.

If I were cross shopping these 3, I'd probably look for one of the very rare manual transmission Camrys and get that. Then again, I wouldn't buy any of them. I'd buy a used BMW or Mercedes.

What I wouldn't buy is a VW. I really like VWs (and Audis) but they are, by far, the most expensive cars to have worked on, even if you are well connected.

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 5):
probably put together better then the 3 models you mention

I would disagree that any Hyundai is built better than a Toyota or Honda. I would disagree that any car, and I am a huge German car fan, is built better than a Toyota or Honda. Equal, maybe.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

wingman

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Yeah, the VW's are a great design but one day on the road=one day in the shop. Among the worst reliability ratings of any manufacturer. Very odd when Porsche happens to be the very best in reliability. Maybe in their unhappy union something positive will result for VW. I'm a Honda guy myself. I don't like the latest Accord design as much as the prior one but the company has a great history and the founder, Soichiro Honda, had his own great story.

N1120A

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Quoting wingman (Reply 7):

Yeah, the VW's are a great design but one day on the road=one day in the shop. Among the worst reliability ratings of any manufacturer.

I don't find VWs to be unreliable, just ridiculously expensive when they do have an issue.

Cadet57

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:42 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 6):
Really depends what you are looking for. For reliability, go with the Camry or Accord. For comfort, probably the Camry. For a blend of sporting character and comfort, probably the Accord. For fuel economy, Accord. For power, the Altima.

Funny, C&D just did a comparo of all of them and they lost to the new Passat.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

N1120A

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 9):
Funny, C&D just did a comparo of all of them and they lost to the new Passat.

I can totally see that, despite the new North American Passat being a dumbed down car. VW aimed it squarely at this market, with its lower price and larger size, and should do very well. But the Passat wasn't mentioned by the OP, was it?

RayChuang

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:46 pm

Passat is a good-driving car but I don't trust its reliability.   

I'd rather drive the current Hyundai Sonata with its 200 bhp 2.4-liter GDI engine and six-speed automatic instead.  

Cadet57

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Quoting RayChuang (Reply 11):

Being a current VW owner, id agree with you. The Mexican built cars are shit. That said, the new Passat is 100% US built. I would trust those much more than anything to come out of Puebla.

WildcatYXU

Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:08 pm

How about the Hyundai Sonata? They look a lot better than the Camry, probably put together better then the 3 models you mention and probably cheaper then any of them too.

Bad advice. I rented the Sonata a month ago; it was a disappointment. Feels cheap, handles poorly and I somehow couldn't find the 23 hp it supposed to have compared to the Altima. Not to mention that the Altima is better on fuel too. But then, my Altima is manual and the rented Sonata was obviously automatic.

If I were cross shopping these 3, I'd probably look for one of the very rare manual transmission Camrys and get that.

I don't know, I drove several Camrys and I drove Altimas. Incomparable. So I selected one of those rare manual Altimas.
Of course, my 2 favourites were eliminated from the race for different reasons. The Subaru Legacy because of Subaru's ridiculous financing rates at the time and the VW Passat because of the 2.0 TFSi requiring premium fuel. If it would be today, I'd go for the current Passat. However, it won't happen as the Altima is my last family sedan ever.

As for the Altima, I have it since Dec. 2009. It's pretty peppy for a fourbanger, handles well and it's pretty good on fuel.
310, 319, 320, 321, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, Saab 340, YAK40

ACDC8

Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 3):
I can't stand those asian washing machines, so I'd have to go with this:

Me as well, I'd love to have a Passat CC, even the regular Passat is a great car ... unfortunatly the wagon is no longer available in Canada  
What I wouldn't buy is a VW. I really like VWs (and Audis) but they are, by far, the most expensive cars to have worked on, even if you are well connected.
Quoting wingman (Reply 7):
Yeah, the VW's are a great design but one day on the road=one day in the shop
Quoting N1120A (Reply 8):
I don't find VWs to be unreliable, just ridiculously expensive when they do have an issue.
Quoting RayChuang (Reply 11):

To be honest, after having owned 4 VWs (1993 Passat, 1998 Passat and both had 200000+ kms, 2007 City Golf with 125000kms and a 2007 City Jetta with 80000kms), I've never had a major issue with them yet and their parts/shop rates are just as high as anyone else.

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 12):
Being a current VW owner, id agree with you. The Mexican built cars are shit

My current City Jetta is a Mexican build, the only one that has been so far and I do notice a quality difference between this one and the others I've owned. However, its nothing major, just a few rattles, squeeks and gaps in the inside and a starter that wouldn't always disengage. But for the price I got it for, I'm not complaining.

Back to the OP, between those 3, I'd have to go with the Accord. The Camary is just too bland and is the new "Old Man's Buick" up here ... the Altima just looks too cheap for my liking, especially with the ricer sytle clear tail lights. The Accord used to be king of the road up here back in the 90s, but they are such a rare car now that one doesn't see them too often anymore but at least the interior and exterior styling is somewhat decent.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

Cadet57

Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:50 pm

You're killing me. That is funny as heck.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 14):
, I've never had a major issue with them yet and their parts/shop rates are just as high as anyone else.

Bingo.

wingman

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Just going by the facts guys. VW's, in relative terms, have a very high ratio of defects per thousand parts. I like them myself so don't get me wrong. But if you want quality build with long term bullet proof reliability and high resale value then get a 911 or an Accord. If you want sweet Euro styling and have money to burn on repairs then go VW.

Fly2HMO

Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:38 pm

Quoting wingman (Reply 16):

Just going by the facts guys. VW's, in relative terms, have a very high ratio of defects per thousand parts.

Source please?  

My family has always had a VW in the garage for the past 40 years. If they were really as bad as everybody says why the heck would we keep buying them?

They've never given us any more trouble than other brands we've had, in fact, quite the contrary.

My mom has owned VWs all her life. My dad up until recently when I showed him the light and persuaded him to get a BMW, swore by Chrysler products   . Suffice to say all his POS chryslers spent much much more time in the shop than any of my moms VWs, and consequently much more money. And we never noticed any significant difference between German and Mexican built VWs. And mind you, my mom is a damned aggressive driver, she used to race in rallies and whatnot when she was younger, she definitely drives like anything but an old lady, so it's not like she babies her cars either.

BMI727

Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:14 am

Quoting 747400sp (Thread starter):
Accord, Camry Or Altima?  

Any of those is better than a bicycle, but not by much. The same money could buy something much nicer on the used market.

Quoting Braniff747SP (Reply 2):
I'd take the Subaru Legacy; same type of car, but it's a Subaru... 5 star crash rating all around, four wheel drive...

Not a bad pick.

How about the Hyundai Sonata?

Hyundai's small car styling sucks. They look like they've melted in the sun.

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 17):
If they were really as bad as everybody says why the heck would we keep buying them?

People keep buying GM cars.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

ACDC8

Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:25 am

Quoting wingman (Reply 16):
But if you want quality build with long term bullet proof reliability and high resale value then get a 911 or an Accord.

911 and Accord in the same sentence?  

Seriously though, VWs have exceptionally high resale values up here ... just as high if not higher than Honda and Toyota and the 4 VWs I have owned were the most bullet proof and reliable cars I've owned and also the highest mileage of any cars I've owned.

Also, if you were to drive on our local streets ... you'll see more than triple the Mk4 Golfs and Jettas compared to same years Accords, Civics, Corollas and Camarys ... thats gotta speak volumes for VWs real world long time reliability.

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 18):

LOL ... I find the new Sonota and Elantra have too many wrinkles  

[Edited 2011-09-17 18:31:19]

[Edited 2011-09-17 18:32:08]

fxramper

Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:50 am

The 2 door Altima is a good looking ride, but I recently picked up a new Accord for an airport car and it's a great ride.

BMI727

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:01 am

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 19):

If I had to describe Hyundai styling in one word it would be "droopy." A little botox would help them out a bit.

mham001

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:12 am

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 17):
Source please?

JD Powers. VW consistently ranks near the the bottom.

stasisLAX

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:28 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 12):
Being a current VW owner, id agree with you. The Mexican built cars are shit.

True. I am hoping the new Tennessee built Passat has a MUCH better build quality than my Mexico built 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T...

Now, I was the happy owner of a 2007 Malibu. 4 cylinder automatic, basic vehicle, not alot of optional equipment. Nothing fancy, but it was a highly reliable car for 58K miles. Never once left me stranded, something I couldn't say about my VW. Also, a friend of mine is an outside sales person and she owns a 2010 Ford Fusion (and owned a 2007 Fusion) and she loves her Fusions - and she's someone who drives 35+K miles a year out here in the Arizona desert. They've been uber-reliable from her experience. Accords are overpriced, Altimas are not reliable and have so-so trade-in value, and Camry is just BORING in every way.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

wingman

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Here's a link:
http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...2010-initial-quality-rankings.html

Just take a cruise around JD Power as Mham pointed out. It ain't pretty man. In just about every category and vehicle class VW is dead last or near it. But they are alone amongst German manufacturers in these stats. It's hard to comprehend and seriously depressing because I can tell you that the upcoming Touareg R is one sweet looking ride. Maybe the German built cars should be taken out of the quality reviews and measured on their own. Perhaps that would tell a different story.

But I do stand corrected on resale values. Surprisingly enough the diesel VW's in the US rank near the top for resale value (Golf and Jetta).

Marcus

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Suzuki Kizashi.....get one with AWD, it handles (test drove them all) way way better than the Accord, Altima and Camry.

For the price you get a much more fun package than any of the 3 in the OP.

http://www.jdpower.com/images/vehicles/jdpa/2010/suzuki/kizashi/1200/10-suzuki-kizashi-02.jpg
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

TSS

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 18):
How about the Hyundai Sonata?

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 21):
Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 19):

If I had to describe Hyundai styling in one word it would be "droopy." A little botox would help them out a bit.

Agreed and agreed. If you're going to go Korean, why not go for the Hyundai Sonata's much better looking sister, the Kia Optima? It has a faintly SAAB-esque look both inside and out-
http://www.kiainthenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/2011_kia_optima_rear_image.jpg
http://www.lovablecar.com/wp-content/uploads/2012-Kia-Optima-Interior.jpg
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

BMI727

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Quoting TSS (Reply 26):
If you're going to go Korean, why not go for the Hyundai Sonata's much better looking sister, the Kia Optima? It has a faintly SAAB-esque look both inside and out-

First, the only Korean cars I would likely ever consider are the Genesis and Equus. I always thought the Optima looked like if Acura made a Taurus.

Cadet57

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Idk, we just got a Sorrento at work and i'm amazed how much of a pile of shit its not. The Koreans finally figured out the quality thing.

ACDC8

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Quoting wingman (Reply 24):
Just take a cruise around JD Power as Mham pointed out. It ain't pretty man. In just about every category and vehicle class VW is dead last or near it.

Personally I take consumer reports with a grain of salt, even though they put VW at the bottom of the list. Out of my own personal experience and those of many of my friends and co-workers ... we have yet to experience any major problems on our VWs. Yet, Buick has a better rating on these reports, and out of the 4 Buicks my father has had, not one of them has been a quality car, including two of them having had to have the entire engine replaced after only 30,000kms.

Personally, I prefer doing my research by asking vehicle owners myself and not by people I don't know taking parts of surveys ... but thats just me  
Surprisingly enough the diesel VW's in the US rank near the top for resale value (Golf and Jetta).

This is surprising?   Seeing that if you want a passenger car with a diesel engine in North America, it'll have to be a German car, no US or Asian manufacturers offer them on our market. TDI's aside, the gasoline VWs hold their value just as well.

Quoting TSS (Reply 26):
If you're going to go Korean, why not go for the Hyundai Sonata's much better looking sister, the Kia Optima?

Couldn't agree more ... its a much nicer looking car ... mind you I don't care for the name. I also find the Forte a much nicer looking car than the Elantra.

BMI727

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 28):
Idk, we just got a Sorrento at work and i'm amazed how much of a pile of shit its not. The Koreans finally figured out the quality thing.

Now if only they could make a car somebody would actually want.

Cadet57

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 30):

Baby steps. Baby steps  

ACDC8

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 30):

Fair enough, but given the original three suggestions, I would prefer the Kia over the Honda, Nissan or Toyota.

wingman

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:40 pm

It does suck indeed when facts get in the way of statements. I know this myself from my first comments about VW resale values:
http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/05...uto-sales-by-brand-april-2011.html

Kia and Hyundai boys, #'s 7 and 8 in the US Top 10 and the fastest growing brands in the country.

And ps: the inference about JD Powers not being legitimate source of data compared to your group of friends...nah, I don't buy it. Those guys don't fart around when it comes to quality surveys and I believe they know exactly who they're talking to.

BMI727

Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 31):
Baby steps. Baby steps

They've figured out how to make an Accord. Good for them. Figure out how to make an NSX and I'll be impressed.

ACDC8

Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Quoting wingman (Reply 33):
It does suck indeed when facts get in the way of statements.

And where have I done this?

Kia and Hyundai boys, #'s 7 and 8 in the US Top 10 and the fastest growing brands in the country.

Kia and Hyundai have come a far way ahead over the last years, there's no question about that and honestly, I think they're really gonna come out full steam now.

And ps: the inference about JD Powers not being legitimate source of data compared to your group of friends...nah, I don't buy it. Those guys don't fart around when it comes to quality surveys and I believe they know exactly who they're talking to.

Hold on there friend ... re-read my post again ...

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 29):
Personally I take consumer reports with a grain of salt, even though they put VW at the bottom of the list. Out of my own personal experience and those of many of my friends and co-workers ... we have yet to experience any major problems on our VWs. Yet, Buick has a better rating on these reports, and out of the 4 Buicks my father has had, not one of them has been a quality car, including two of them having had to have the entire engine replaced after only 30,000kms.

Personally, I prefer doing my research by asking vehicle owners myself and not by people I don't know taking parts of surveys ... but thats just me.

... notice where I highlighted "Personally and I?" No where did I try to pass anything off as facts. In-fact, I've clearly stated numerous times that my views are based on my own experiences and have yet to witness myself any of these complaints in various consumer reports. So, which would I myself believe? A bunch of statistics based on people I've never seen or spoken too or my own vehicles and those vehicles of people I actually know?

Consumer reports are a great tool when shopping for a car, but I would never base my purchase solely on them alone. I would find out what kind of problems seem to be prelevant in a vehicle and then talk to people who actually own these cars myself and spend hours looking on vehicle specific forums for said problems and see if it really is a valid and consistent problem and not just a problem someone checked off on a questionaire without really thinking about it.

Now, if other people want to solely go by consumer reports, by all means, I've no problem with that.

[Edited 2011-09-18 15:14:22]

Fly2HMO

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Just take a cruise around JD Power as Mham pointed out. It ain't pretty man.

And they're well known for being biased. Not to mention if they survey nothing but soccer moms then obviously they're going to bitch moan and whine about every little thing they don't comprehend, like a burnt lightbulb.

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 28):

Get back to us in 10 years  

I've been stuck with plenty of Korea's "latest and greatest" as rentals and I've wound up severely disappointed each time. Yes they've improved a bit but I still rather lick a cactus than drive one.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 29):

Personally, I prefer doing my research by asking vehicle owners myself and not by people I don't know taking parts of surveys ... but thats just me

Add copious amounts of test driving on top of that for me.

They might not, but the people who they survey probably put as much effort into scratching their ass as they put into doing the survey. And lets get real here: the average Joe that gets these surveys only knows enough about cars to get in and drive one, that's it. And all they care about is whether it's a great car or a bad car. You'll never see responses down the middle.

I'm sure the ratings would be vastly different if the surveys were given exclusively to gear heads and more significantly car-savvy people.

GSPFlyer

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:04 pm

My sister had an 08' Accord, it was a nice car, very roomy as well. I have to go with that. Now, if I had to go with an Asian mid-sized car, it would be a Subaru Legacy.

To me, the Camry is just too dull and boring. Don't know about the Altima, I don't see too many of them around here. Then there is Hyundai Sonata or Elantra.. (Can't remember which..the bigger one), my roommates' Mom has one, its a nice car, but it just doesn't look right.

Quoting TSS (Reply 26):
Agreed and agreed. If you're going to go Korean, why not go for the Hyundai Sonata's much better looking sister, the Kia Optima? It has a faintly SAAB-esque look both inside and out-

From that angle, it looks like the back of a Hyundai fused to the front of an Accord. No offense to Korean car manufacturers, but they haven't figured out the "creative" thing yet. The Genesis and Equus both look like a cross between a Mercedes and Lexus.

mham001

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:20 am

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 35):
Consumer reports are a great tool when shopping for a car,
Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 36):
And they're well known for being biased. Not to mention if they survey nothing but soccer moms then obviously they're going to bitch moan and whine about every little thing they don't comprehend, like a burnt lightbulb.

The two of you seem to be confused. JD Powers is NOT Consumer Reports.

I'm sure the ratings would be vastly different if the surveys were given exclusively to gear heads and more significantly car-savvy people.

That may be true, but it is the regular people who buy cars and need to be impressed, not Joe Gearhead who isn't intimidated about fiddling to keep something running. If an owner considers it a problem, then it is a problem for the manufacturer. VW's numbers are dismal. http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings/dependability-ratings-by-brand/

From the 3 year rankings page, here is how the results are tabulated.
Overall Dependability: Taken from the Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS), which looks at owner-reported problems in the first 3 years of new-vehicle ownership, this score is based on problems that have caused a complete breakdown or malfunction of any component, feature, or item (i.e., components that stop working or trim pieces that break or come loose).

I don't see how that can be argued.

Cadet57

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:25 am

Get back to us in 10 years

Thankfully, my boss doesn't keep cars that long. It'll be gone in about 3-4 years.

ACDC8

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:05 pm

They might not, but the people who they survey probably put as much effort into scratching their ass as they put into doing the survey.

Which is the reason why I take them with a grain of salt. They're a great tool to get started but actually doing more research that one can trust can help one make a much more informed decision.

Quoting mham001 (Reply 38):
The two of you seem to be confused. JD Powers is NOT Consumer Reports.

JD Powers is a consumer report company, I was referring to consumer reports in general and not just Consumer Report hence why I didn't capatlize the C and R in my posts.

tommy767

Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:03 pm

I really HATE the new Accord styling. It looks like a cheap BMW. The last generation of Accord was really nice though. Nothing wrong with the Camry but nothing too exciting out it either. Either way, if you get a fully loaded XLE you really can't go wrong -- it's basically a lexus.

I'd go with the Altima, and if they still make it go for the Hybrid. Lots of power, great fuel economy, great styling, and reliable I'm sure (it's a Nissan. They are just as reliable as a Toyota or Honda.)

Ain't nothing wrong with a Malibu or a Fusion. I have an '04 Malibu and it's in great shape and still running at 130K. Most people says it still looks like a new car. There are lots of Fusion lovers out there.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

Alias1024

Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:32 pm

I have an 2003 Jetta VR6. I love driving it, but it's been a troublemaker the last few years. I've had the alternator quit, seat warmers break, secondary air solenoid get stuck, temperature sensor and thermostat for the engine fail (twice), leaking coolant pump, blocked high pressure block for the A/C, and a torn CV boot. The alternator and seat warmers were covered under the warranty. All of the rest of it has happened after the warranty expired. It's become quite the headache for only having 55K miles. Seems like I'm dropping hundreds of dollars on repairs about every six months.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

Geezer

Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:16 pm

I haven't bought ( or owned ) a car in about 10 years now; ( except for the old camry ) they just don't "fit into" my life-style /
needs anymore;
however, in '92 when Toyota came out with the much better looking Camry, I was so impressed with the 11 of them that I had just loaded on my car carrier at the plant in Georgetown, KY. for the quick trip to the Toyota dealer 4 miles from my house in Cincinnati, after I unloaded them, I went back 2 days later and bought one of them; after about 15 yrs, I can now say........easily the most reliable, easy to drive, great mileage car I've ever owned. about '98 or '99 the "ex" and I split, she bought a new camry, and I "inheirited" the old one; just sold the thing a couple of years ago, and it's still going ! ( old camry's never die ? ) So I'm still a camry fan, even though I will probably never be owning another car.

My big old red 1 ton Dodge /cummins/ dually is the only vehicle on the planet that satisfies all of the many requirements I have for a vehicle. ( I just came back from a trip to Cincinnati with about 18,000 lbs on my 12,000 trailer; ( can't do that with a camry ! )

Charley
Stupidity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result; Albert Einstein