runner13
Topic Author

Last Week Of MLB. How's Your Team Done?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:22 pm

With the MLB regular season winding down, how has your favorite team done? I'm a Rangers fan and we've done pretty good. Will be at the game on Sat, and hoping they maintain the 5 game lead until then. It would be awesome to watch The Rangers clinch the west. The wild card races have heated up and very exciting to watch. I would love to watch Tampa Bay, and the Cardinals come back.

steeler83

RE: Last Week Of MLB. How's Your Team Done?

Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:07 am

Pittsburgh Pirates...

Started out with one of their better records leading up to the All-Star break...

By now of course...

TRAIN WRECK!!!

Oh well... I'm living out near Philadelphia, so I have been rooting for the Phillies. It would be nice to see them win another world title!
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

san747

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:03 am

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 1):

Started out with one of their better records leading up to the All-Star break...

By now of course...

TRAIN WRECK!!!

I feel for you guys, and I was sincerely hoping the below-.500 streak would end this year! I guess it's a good thing you guys have the Steelers!

As for my team, the Padres, they've been long eliminated but have won 3 of 4 and are moments away from winning tonight. Finishing with over 70 wins would be nice, and not impossible- only have to go 4-5 to do that. The pitching has looked strong of late, who knows? Maybe there's potential for next year to field a contending team like in 2010.
Scotty doesn't know...

PSA53

Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:32 am

I'm not calling it done yet,but the Angels chances really got slim when we simply couldn't capitalized on Texas losses in August-September and then the last game with the Yanks seem take some wind out the Angels,a game we should have won and lost a game to the Rangers in the standings. Then OAK and Baltimore gave us trouble and we lost another game back So,we're 5 back right now needing a major collapse from Texas.  

Toronto,Oak and Texas is left.

Go Angels!!!
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

runner13
Topic Author

Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:33 am

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 3):
So,we're 5 back right now needing a major collapse from Texas.

HAHA, you need a major collapse from Boston and Tampa more than from Texas. 3.5 back in the wild card. Yall have way better chances with that then with the West. Just give up on that title. Magic number for Texas is 4. The last series between the Rangers and Angels will have no importance what so ever.
I posted on facebook back in Feb that the Rangers will win the AL west with 93 wins. I am going to my one game a year on Sat. HMMM magic number is 4, 4 games till Sat, and 4 games to 93 wins, Damn I'm good.

Pittsburgh Pirates...

You know they have great young talent, and now a great manager, I think Clint Hurdle is a great guy, the owners just need to get their act straight. They'll get back to the great team they used to be eventually.

Oh well... I'm living out near Philadelphia, so I have been rooting for the Phillies. It would be nice to see them win another world title!

You know I've gotten a lot of flack on some forums about this topic. I want the Rangers to win it all, but fans on the forums want us to play Philly and beat them in the World Series. I'm sorry I do not want a Rangers Phillies World Series. I'm being realistic when I say that it's going to be tough for anyone to beat the Phillies, I know they have lost a few lately but they are taking it easy now. I have been accused of not being a true Rangers fan. Sorry but I'm just realistic.

Stretch 8

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:36 pm

I think my Detroit Tigers will get it done. Finishing ahead (or tying) TX means we would host the ALDS against (probably) Boston. I also think Verlander pitching Game 1, and then Fister in Game 2, will be a touhg match-up for the Red Sox.

Great to be back in the post-season; we have unfinished busienss from 2006.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

Starbuk7

Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Quoting san747 (Reply 2):
I guess it's a good thing you guys have the Steelers!

And the Penguins!! So, as Meatloaf would say, two out of three ain't bad.

Yea, I too at the All-Star break thought the Pirates might be getting off of the two decade slump, but, they let us down again. Always next year if they do not blow up the team again.

steeler83

Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:54 pm

Quoting runner13 (Reply 4):
I think Clint Hurdle is a great guy, the owners just need to get their act straight.

That's the thing tho. Bob Nutting is a d-bag. Just because we have young undeveloped talent on this team probably won't mean anything later on. Once these guys begin to develop, he trades them to places like St. Louis, New York, Boston, or the like for a couple of underperforming or over-the-hill nobodies. I don't know who he traded away this year, but in previous years he's traded away stand-outs like Jason Bay, Jack and Craig Wilson, Jason Kendal, Brian Giles... I could go on and on and the gaffes this guy has made with this team. Jason Kendal, when they traded him, we picked up 2 over-the-hill pitchers who had ERAs of at least FIVE or SIX!! What the helL?!!

I'm in full agreement with Hurdle tho. I do have to say that I think he's made a hell of a turn-around. Eventhough we still mounted a losing season, this time is wasn't as bad. We didn't get to 100-plus losses like last year! We need to hold onto our talented players and build a team around that. THAT"S how you win championships dammit!

Quoting runner13 (Reply 4):
I'm sorry I do not want a Rangers Phillies World Series. I'm being realistic when I say that it's going to be tough for anyone to beat the Phillies, I know they have lost a few lately but they are taking it easy now. I have been accused of not being a true Rangers fan. Sorry but I'm just realistic.

I hope you're right!
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

runner13
Topic Author

Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 7):
I'm in full agreement with Hurdle tho. I do have to say that I think he's made a hell of a turn-around. Eventhough we still mounted a losing season, this time is wasn't as bad. We didn't get to 100-plus losses like last year! We need to hold onto our talented players and build a team around that. THAT"S how you win championships dammit!

I was a little upset to seem him go from the Rangers organization, but happy for him that he has his own team now. If the owners work with him, he'll turn that ballclub around.

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 7):
I hope you're right!

Well tell me this is not a little creepy. Back in Feb I said it would take 93 wins for the Rangers to clinch the west. Right now they have 89 wins, and a magic # or 4. That would make Sat the day to clinch, and this is my one game a year to go. It kind of creeped my wife out a little bit.

mke717spotter

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:32 pm

The Brewers lost today, so their magic number to clinch the NL Central remains at 3 pending the outcome tonight's Cardinals-Mets game. I'm more worried about them finishing with a better record than Arizona though, because it would suck if they had to play the Phillies in the first round again. Oh, and is everyone sold on Ryan Braun as the NL MVP? Or do you think Matt Kemp will get it?
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

dragon-wings

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:31 pm

I am a Mets fan so I think everyone know how the season went.      
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Mir

Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:27 am

It's been a pretty good week for the Yankees.

It started on Monday with Mariano passing Trevor Hoffman and taking sole possession of first place on the all-time saves list with 602. It's a record that won't be broken for a long, long time, if at all. Rivera could legitimately get to 700 if he wanted to - he's 41 but shows no real signs of slowing down. He's a very special player and a class act to boot, and the game may never see another player like him.

Then, this afternoon, the Yankees clinched a playoff spot in the first game of the doubleheader. And then because that wasn't enough for one day, they decided to go clinch the AL East in the nightcap thanks to some help from the free-falling Red Sox. Home field advantage through the ALCS is next, and the Yankees are 5 games up on Detroit and Texas for that, so that would seem to be pretty much set as well barring a collapse. All that's left to do is get ready for the ALDS, which will either be against Detroit, Texas or Anaheim (who are quietly creeping back into things now that the Red Sox can't win anymore), none of whom are going to be easy (though for different reasons). No Twins this year.

It would also be awesome to put the Red Sox out of their misery this weekend.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

runner13
Topic Author

Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:39 am

Well the Rangers gave me a scare tonight but pulled it off whew!!!!!! Magic # is 3 now, can't wait until Sat. Now it would be quite interesting to play the Angels in the last series of the year and then see them in the ALDS. We have owned the Angels except for a couple of games this year and feel pretty confident against them. I feel confident against the Yankees also. Let's face it yall have looked very sloppy the past couple of weeks, and have just gotten lucky. I mean yall almost lost it tonight. I would defianetly not be worried about the Rays, or Red Sox. Now the Tigers, they've had the Rangers number all year, and Verlander well no one wants to go against him, and possibly seeing him twice in the ALDS, thats tough.

san747

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:01 am

Quoting runner13 (Reply 12):
Now it would be quite interesting to play the Angels in the last series of the year and then see them in the ALDS.

Technically the Rangers can't play the Angels in the ALDS because two teams from the same division cannot play each other in the DS. If the Wild Card comes from the AL West (as in the Angels), they will play the Yankees in the ALDS.

Now if Texas and Anaheim won their seperate ALDS series, they can absolutely play each other in the ALCS.

Quoting Mir (Reply 11):
All that's left to do is get ready for the ALDS, which will either be against Detroit, Texas or Anaheim (who are quietly creeping back into things now that the Red Sox can't win anymore)

The Rays are screeching to a halt at the worst time. The Red Sox utter destruction this month has made what was a near certain playoff spot an exciting race.

As for the Yankees, they've secured #1 seed in the AL, correct? Because if so, you will face the Wild Card in the ALDS.
Scotty doesn't know...

Mir

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Quoting runner13 (Reply 12):
I feel confident against the Yankees also. Let's face it yall have looked very sloppy the past couple of weeks, and have just gotten lucky. I mean yall almost lost it tonight.

Actually, the Yankees never trailed in the night game. Thanks for trying, though.

Quoting san747 (Reply 13):
As for the Yankees, they've secured #1 seed in the AL, correct? Because if so, you will face the Wild Card in the ALDS.

Not if the Wild Card comes out of the East. So the Yankees can't play Boston or Tampa in the DS - they can only play Detroit, Texas or Anaheim (whether Anaheim or Texas is the division winner or the Wild Card).

-Mir

Dazed767

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:39 pm

Quoting dragon-wings (Reply 10):
I am a Mets fan so I think everyone know how the season went.

LOL and I'm a cubs fan. I'll just hang my head a little bit lower than you...

PSA53

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:09 pm

The Angels get to have October off! Thanks again to the relief pitching that has been inconsistent all season long.Jordan Walden enter the game against the A's into the 9th with a 5-2 lead.With one out and man on at first when he had a comeback hit to him to start a double play to end the game.But there was two men that were too close at second base and both Jordan and the men at second became confused as to who was to handle the ball thus the ball was thrown away.

It was a 5-6 defeat.But without a doubt,it was Jordan's pitching to blame that ended the Angels season.This was painful watching Jordan getting no one out.

My congrats to all the playoff team winners as I have to wait another season.I not sure who I'll root for in the playoffs as I'm just too pissed off right now.

[Edited 2011-09-25 16:15:42]

steeler83

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 am

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 16):
It was a 5-6 defeat.But without a doubt,it was Jordan's pitching to blame that ended the Angels season.This was painful watching Jordan getting no one out.

Oh that sucks! I feel your pain, mate.

I watched the Pirates complete their late season implosion, losing their final home game of the season. Will next year be the season for them -- you know, to NOT register a losing season?!!

Phillies, well they're in the playoffs, but they, too, are in a bit of a freefall. What is this now, 7 or 8 losses in a row? Did I miss any games? The way they're headed, they'll be one and done after the first round. COME ON!!

san747

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:42 am

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 17):

Phillies, well they're in the playoffs, but they, too, are in a bit of a freefall. What is this now, 7 or 8 losses in a row? Did I miss any games? The way they're headed, they'll be one and done after the first round. COME ON!!

I don't know about that... the Phillies are still scary and you can believe AZ and MIL are trying their hardest to win the last 3 games so they don't have to face PHL in the NLDS.
Scotty doesn't know...

runner13
Topic Author

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:30 pm

WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Rangers are AL West Champions, was at the ballpark for the celebration Fri night it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!, Went to the game on Sat and got to watch the raising of the 2011 AL West Championship flag. That was pretty awesome. Got back to Nashville early this morning due to stroms in MEM. Trip report is on its way. And to everyone who said the Rangers were one and done, well you know what you can do!!!!!!!!!!!

bohica

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:46 pm

The bad news is that the World Series defending champion San Francisco Giants won't make the playoffs this year.   The good news is that they will still finish ahead of the Dodgers.  

Stretch 8

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:56 am

"We're all behind our baseball team, go get'em Tigers!!!"
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

GSPFlyer

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Phillies: 100 Wins, NL East championship, Nuff' said.

seb146

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Ummm... I'm sorry... what was the question? I was watching the grass grow....
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

mke717spotter

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:02 am

The Brewers already clinched the division a few days ago, but their chase to secure home field in the first round and not have to play the Phillies has been driving me crazy! Prince Fielder roasted the Pirates tonight with three longballs, but Arizona unbelievably rallied for five runs in the bottom of the 10th. Now its all gonna come down to tomorrow and instead of resting him for the playoffs, Ron Roenicke is gonna have to cut Zack Greinke loose against Pittsburgh to try and pick up the win. The Pirates are 4-37 at Miller Park since the start of the 2007 season, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be nervous!
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

Starbuk7

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Quoting mke717spotter (Reply 24):
Prince Fielder roasted the Pirates

Come on, everyone has been roasting my Pirates for the last 20 years, nothing new there.

I do like how this year how the wild card races and second seed races have come down to the final day to determine who is in or out of the playoffs and who will play who in the first round. That is the kind of thing that keeps a lot more people interested.

san747

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:29 am

Looks like the Rays aren't going quietly. Down 7-0 in the 8th, they just put up a 6-spot! This will be very very interesting, especially since the BOS-BAL game is delayed. Can Tampa overcome and force a one-game playoff or will they fall just short?

The Cardinals are seconds from a dominating win while the Braves nearly gave it away in the 9th and are now in extras. If the Braves win, we'll see a one-game playoff for the NL wild card as well. So if Tampa, Boston and Atlanta win (all of which are possible), we will see TWO one-game playoff games for the first time in the history of the league!
Scotty doesn't know...

san747

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:50 am

HO-LEE crap. Down to their last strike on the season, Dan Johnson of the Rays ties the game with a home run to right that BARELY clears the field and stays fair!

If I was a Red Sox fan, I would be VERY scared right now. This is one of the craziest games I've seen in a long time.
Scotty doesn't know...

runner13
Topic Author

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:17 am

WOW!!!!!!!! You can't write this stuff. This is probably the most exciting night of baseball that I have ever witnessed in my entire life, apart from Nefty freezing A-ROD in the ALCS game 6 last year. I absolulty lost it that night.

Quoting seb146 (Reply 23):
Ummm... I'm sorry... what was the question? I was watching the grass grow....

Are you effing kidding me right now, I don't care of you like baseball or not, but if your a any kind of sports fan you have to be getting caught up in whats happening tonight. This is what baseball is all about!!!!!!! GO RANGERS!!!!!! #2 seed we'll play Boston, or Tampa, and I feel pretty confident with both. I think the Rangers are tuned it, winning 6 straight, and Napoli good god, the Rangers would be crazy not to resign him next year.

af773atmsp

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:20 am

Well at least the Minnesota Twins didn't lose 100 games! Lets hope for a better season next year though...
It ain't no normal MD80 its a Super 80!

Mir

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:02 am

The Braves collapse is complete. And Papelbon just blew the save with 2 outs, Red Sox lose to the Orioles.

Reality hits you hard, bro.

-Mir

san747

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:04 am

Quoting runner13 (Reply 28):
WOW!!!!!!!! You can't write this stuff. This is probably the most exciting night of baseball that I have ever witnessed in my entire life

Agreed, this Yankees-Rays game is probably the most exciting game I've seen since the 2009 AL Central playoff game between Minnesota and Detroit.

Meanwhile, as I write this, the Red Sox complete the choke as Baltimore comes up with 2 runs in the 9th to walk off. Tampa Bay only has to score once and they're in!
Scotty doesn't know...

jcs17

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:07 am

Hahaha!

Yankees lose! Boston still sucks.

So happy about a Yankees loss, it's unimaginable.

Awesome.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

san747

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:08 am

And Tampa Bay's Evan Longoria hits the walk-off home run that will send the Rays to the playoffs! This has been one of the craziest nights of baseball I've ever seen.

So the 2011 MLB playoff matchups should be as such-

ALDS-

NY-DET
TEX-TPA

NLDS-

PHL-STL
ARZ-MIL
Scotty doesn't know...

Mir

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:13 am

Rays walk off, and will face Texas on Friday. And while I think the Rangers are better than the Rays, there is some serious momentum going on in Tampa right now, and I'd be worried if I were a Rangers fan.

Quoting jcs17 (Reply 32):
So happy about a Yankees loss, it's unimaginable.

Yeah, I'm kind of okay with it. Have a nice winter, Boston.   

-Mir

runner13
Topic Author

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:18 am

WOW!!!!!!!! This night has been amazing for baseball. It's an ALDS rematch from last year Rangers-Rays, we'll see ya in Arlingtion Friday. The Yankees pitching has been a complete meltdown, and they will have a tough time with Detroit as they have looked real sloppy the past couple of weeks.

Quoting Mir (Reply 14):
feel confident against the Yankees also. Let's face it yall have looked very sloppy the past couple of weeks, and have just gotten lucky. I mean yall almost lost it tonight.

Actually, the Yankees never trailed in the night game. Thanks for trying, though.

Yes Mir they have been real sloppy

Mir

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:42 am

Quoting runner13 (Reply 35):
The Yankees pitching has been a complete meltdown

Yeah, the B-Team hasn't been good. But that's because it's the B-Team. I'm not too concerned.

-Mir

PSA53

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:46 am

WOW!!!!!!!! You can't write this stuff. This is probably the most exciting night of baseball that I have ever witnessed in my entire life, apart from Nefty freezing A-ROD in the ALCS game 6 last year. I absolulty lost it that night.

What a great promotion for baseball.And what heart the Rays showed this month and capitalized on Boston's meltdown.But Rivera should have been used.I wonder if the outcome would have been the same.And I'm glad Atlanta is out.But what a wonderful last season game night of baseball.

So,I'm choosing the Rays in the playoffs.Joe Maddon just continues to sparkle and motivate his players.

[Edited 2011-09-28 21:58:50]

runner13
Topic Author

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:52 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 34):
and I'd be worried if I were a Rangers fan.

Really, ya think so, The Rangers are dialed in winning 6 straight, pitching is looking great, offense, well that speaks for itself with Nelly back in the groove, Napoli is on fire, Kinsler now with a 30-30 season, well let's just face it, there is not a break in our lineup, and anyone can go deep, or manufacture runs like Kinsler, Andrus, Gentry, and Chavez with their speed, Tampa doesn't have a chance, and home field advantage, sorry it's done, it will be a Rangers-Tigers ALCS, and to be honest Verlander scares me, CC does also, but just because I think everytime he's on the mound he's going to keel over and have a massive heart attack. He better hope he's not a Ranger next year because Nolan will kick his ass in shape.

san747

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:52 am

Quoting runner13 (Reply 35):
WOW!!!!!!!! This night has been amazing for baseball.

As I watching ESPN and their coverage of each of the games live, I honestly felt like I was watching a movie- the drama was so intense and the unbelievable comeback by the Rays was so crazy I almost couldn't believe it!
Scotty doesn't know...

Mir

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:57 am

Quoting runner13 (Reply 38):
Really, ya think so

Well, the Rays have significantly better starting pitching than the Rangers, and an offense that, while definitely inferior on paper, somehow gets the job done. That's a recipe for trouble in a short series. Not saying they're going to win, but anyone saying they have no chance is fooling themselves.

-Mir

treebeard787

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:01 am

What an amazing finish to the regular season! So many highlights that will be remembered for quite awhile.
I still can't believe that AZ came from behind like they did last night, Incredible.
Allons-y!

runner13
Topic Author

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:05 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 40):
Well, the Rays have significantly better starting pitching than the Rangers, and an offense that, while definitely inferior on paper, somehow gets the job done. That's a recipe for trouble in a short series. Not saying they're going to win, but anyone saying they have no chance is fooling themselves.

-Mir

Really? well lets break this down shall we. Lets start with starting pitching
Rangers- 79 wins-39 loses Rays-52 win 45 loses
Starting ERA
Rangers starters 3.63 total 3.79 Rays starters 3.43 total 3.58
Rangers starters strikeouts 789 total 1179 Rays starters 665 total 1143
Shutouts
Rangers 19 Rays 13
It is also worth noting, that none of the Rangers starters have a losing record. So the only advantage is the ERA which is only slightly better, lets see how the inferior offense on paper you say stacks up shall we.

Rangers batting avg .283 #1 in the majors yes #1 Rays batting avg .244 #25
Rangers homeruns 210 #1 in the majors yes again #1 Rays homeruns 172
Rangers hits 1599 #2 in the majors Rays hits 1324
Rangers runs 855 #3 in the majors Rays runs 707
Rangers stolen bases vs caught stealing 143/45 Rays stolen bases vs caught stealing 155/62

Just saying!!!!! GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!

runner13
Topic Author

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:29 am

Edit to Mir, I now see you were referring to the Rays inferior offense, but still the pitching is not significantly better, the numbers don't lie, but it was fun for me looking up the stats. The Rays don't have a chance. If I was a Yankees fan I would be scared about going against Verlander and Valverde, I know he's not Mariano with over 600 saves but he's been amazing this year. I'm predicting Rangers and Tigers ALCS, both teams win the ALDS in 5 games. After that well of course I'm going to say the Rangers but Verlander does scare me. But I don't think their offense will hold up. No prediction on the the Rangers Tigers ALCS

dragon-wings

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:06 am

Well Jose Reyes won the NL batting title this year. At least that one good thing happened to the Mets this year!
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

seb146

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Are you effing kidding me right now, I don't care of you like baseball or not, but if your a any kind of sports fan you have to be getting caught up in whats happening tonight.

No, I really don't care. Yankees have the best team money can buy. I hate them. They will win. What is the excitement over? At least in all other sports with salary caps, there is that unknown. This year, Carolina could win the Super Bowl and Winnipeg could win the Stanley Cup. But, we know that every year Yankees will win because they have all the cash. This is one major reason why I hate baseball. And it is WAAAAAY too slow. It takes them 5 minutes to throw a ball? Are you effin kidding me???
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

Mir

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:15 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 45):
Yankees have the best team money can buy. I hate them. They will win. What is the excitement over? At least in all other sports with salary caps, there is that unknown. This year, Carolina could win the Super Bowl and Winnipeg could win the Stanley Cup. But, we know that every year Yankees will win because they have all the cash.

The Yankees will be in the playoffs every year, sure. But that doesn't mean they'll win. They've won once in the past decade. And as far as money goes, out of the top ten payroll teams in baseball, seven are going to be watching the playoffs from home. Meanwhile, two of the bottom six teams are in.

And it is WAAAAAY too slow. It takes them 5 minutes to throw a ball? Are you effin kidding me???

Fortunately, Josh Beckett (aka the human rain delay) won't be participating this year, so things should be more manageable.

-Mir

Stretch 8

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Tigers in 4 over the Yanks.

Starbuk7

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:16 pm

Yankees have the best team money can buy. I hate them.
Quoting Mir (Reply 46):
The Yankees will be in the playoffs every year, sure

I have to agree with seb146 on this one. I am so tired of seeing the Yankees every year.

My Pirates have not had a winning season for 20 years now, why, cause we do not have the cash to throw into our team the the Yankees and Red Sox do. There should be a salary cap in baseball that would make it fair for all the teams.

Also, baseball is really slow, especally after watching Football and Hockey.

elbandgeek

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:52 pm

You can sum up my team this season by the fact that our manager is now taking his talents to south beach.
Pretty much the way the sox played all year has killed what little enthusiasm for baseball I've had since I got back into following hockey.