einsteinboricua
Topic Author

President Of Iran Position Scrapped Soon?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Boy, these clerics are really power hungry. The "Supreme Leader" has mentioned that he may, in the distant future, scrap the position of President of Iran (possibly to be replaced by a rubber stamp parliament with a puppet prime minister). Of course, this position is perhaps the closest Iranians get to a democracy since it's the highest elected office after the Council of Guardians prunes the candidate list so that only conservative candidates can run.

All my suspicions were true. In my view, I don't think Ahmadinejad is a bad person (notice the word 'person' and opposed to 'president'). What I think is that he plays the role of tough president to please the clerics that watch his every step. Proof? Notice how Khamenei fully supported Ahmadinejad (going as far as to rig elections to his favor. Why else would he congratulate him on his victory before counting started?), and now Khamenei seeks to put him as the bad guy. Ahmadinejad is just a puppet for the ruling clerics.

The question is whether the ordinary citizen will do something about now or wait until this happens?

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/5...ran-ahmadinejad-president.html.csp
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

kaitak

RE: President Of Iran Position Scrapped Soon?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Quoting einsteinboricua (Thread starter):
I don't think Ahmadinejad is a bad person (notice the word 'person' and opposed to 'president').

Personally, I think he is. He has led the regression of his country over the past few years. He has also made statements which were totally irrelevant to his position as leader and only helped to turn opinion against his country; ok, he doesn't like Israel, but does he (a) have to call for it to be wiped off the map and (b) to publicly doubt the holocaust and insult the memories of those who died in it? This is not the action or words of a good man.

If Khamenei and Ahmedinejad are at each others' throats, great; I hope both will be looking at footage of Ghadaffi's body today and pausing for thought. The names of the positions each leader holds are really only secondary; the real issue is the tightening of ecoomic sanctions, which is happening on almost weekly basis; it's economic war in all but name ... just waiting and tightening the screw, until the restrictions lead to rioting.

MadameConcorde

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Quoting einsteinboricua (Thread starter):
Boy, these clerics are really power hungry. The "Supreme Leader" has mentioned that he may, in the distant future, scrap the position of President of Iran

Ahmadinejad only has a title. Ayatollah Khamenei, the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran is the true boss. Nothing can be done without his approval.
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

einsteinboricua
Topic Author

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Quoting kaitak (Reply 1):
This is not the action or words of a good man.

I never said he was a good person either and under the current system, it's hard to verify the claim. However, I really have to wonder how Ahmadinejad would behave under a complete democratic system where he's the one that holds all the chips and does not have to answer to a cleric, but the people that elected him..

These comments, I think, are made to appease the clerics. Arab countries and Israel also have differences, yet none of them have gone as far to make the claims that Ahmadinejad has.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

bhill

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Iran has a President???? Since when???
Carpe Pices