|Quoting wn700driver (Reply 15):|
I like how around 1:45 or so you can see the ISS passing other satellites.
Great observation. The Vimeo version, which is linked in the description of the YT version, is much higher quality, and you can see at least four different satellites pass by, opposite direction. Have you seen satellites from the flight deck?
For those of you pointing out locations....
The video description is partially labels each sequence. I have placed an approximate timeline for reference beside each one, and pointed out a few landmarks visible for the first 8.
1. Aurora Borealis Pass over the United States at Night :14-:23 over southern Rockies, then KC
, Chicago, DTW
2. Aurora Borealis and eastern United States at Night :25-:43 Starts over Pac NW
of US or Canada, with coud cover. Then, Winnipeg, MSP
, over the gulf of Mexico for a shot of the midwest and northeast US, then ATL
and the southeast without FL
3. Aurora Australis from Madagascar to southwest of Australia :43-:57
4. Aurora Australis south of Australia :58-1:11
5. Northwest coast of United States to Central South America at Night 1:11-1:38 Love this one...Enters the scene on a SSE-ward orbit, with YVR
, and PDX
initially in sight over on the west coast. Makes landfall
over the SFO
Bay with LAX
on the horizon, SAN
comes into view, as the ISS passes over PHX
under cloud cover just east of the Gulf of CA
. Storms off the Pacific coast of Mexico, west of Guadalajara and Acapulco, and onto
central and south america. I can't quite determine the ground track after Mexico...
6. Aurora Australis from the Southern to the Northern Pacific Ocean 1:38-2:00
7. Halfway around the World 2:00-2:18
8. Night Pass over Central Africa and the Middle East 2:19-2:37 central Africa over the ITCZ, Nile River, the Med and Middle East, Black and Caspian Seas, Iran with Tehran visible, and eventually Siberia.
I'll allow all of you to fill in the blanks from here....
9. Evening Pass over the Sahara Desert and the Middle East 2:38-2:48
10. Pass over Canada and Central United States at Night 2:48-3:04
11. Pass over Southern California to Hudson Bay 3:04-3:16
12. Islands in the Philippine Sea at Night 3:17-3:30
13. Pass over Eastern Asia to Philippine Sea and Guam 3:31-3:44
14. Views of the Mideast at Night 3:45-3:54
15. Night Pass over Mediterranean Sea 3:55-4:01
16. Aurora Borealis and the United States at Night 4:02-4:17
17. Aurora Australis over Indian Ocean 4:18-4:30
18. Eastern Europe to Southeastern Asia at Night 4:31-end credits