zrs70
Topic Author

Happy Chanukah!

Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:50 am

Always nice to celebrate light in the middle of darkness. Chanukah is a reminder that a tiny Jewish flame could still burn even when forces wanted to extinguish us.
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

Cadet985

RE: Happy Chanukah!

Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:08 am

Happy חנוכה (Chanukah) to all from the Holy Land! It's funny...I'm staying with a friend right now, and right after we lit the menorah, we had a power failure. I looked at his menorah and said "I don't think those candles will last 8 days). Power was restored within an hour or so.

Marc

PS - I think the forum's spell check spaks Hebrew. It didn't pick up the Hebrew characters as a misspelled word  .

wn700driver

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:41 am

Happy Chanukah to all.

Cadet, was your problem localized or bigger than that? I'll be in town there all next week for a technical conference; just wondering what to expect, lol.

Quoting Cadet985 (Reply 1):
PS - I think the forum's spell check spaks Hebrew.

This forum spaks a lot of things,  
Base not your happiness on the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away. No Hope = No Fear

steeler83

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:13 am

Bought my wife "Mr. Popper's Penguins" on blu-ray and a blu-ray player for Hannukah. I bought it today at Target, and the cashier was Orthodox (he was wearing a yarmulke)! I went right up to him, handed him the merchandise, and said, "happy Hanukkah"  

He was rather pleased. I said that I noticed he was wearing a yarmulke, and he said that he was Orthodox and wishes he could be in Israel for the holliday season.

Anyway, yeah. Happy Hannukah!
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.