SA7700
Topic Author

ConvertXToDVD 4: Need Some Help And Advice Please

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi guys and girls,

I basically bought this program (with license) to convert avi and various other file formats to DVD. I did not have any problem with the first conversions and the DVD’s came out perfect, playing on my DVD player without any problems.

Suddenly a few days ago, the additionally converted and burned DVD’s, “acquired” garbled sounds instead of normal English being spoken. The images are perfectly fine.

I have reloaded the program, re-entered the license key, and rechecked the settings and nothing seem to work. The problem persists. Does anybody have ideas or advice that I can try out? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks  

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

photopilot

RE: ConvertXToDVD 4: Need Some Help And Advice Please

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Honestly, I've just skipped the whole mess of converting files to DVD and play them directly into my tv thru a Western Digital WD TV Live box. Best darn under $100 investment I've made to enjoy movies, photos, etc.
The WD TV Live streaming media player supports a wide variety of the most popular files including MKV, MP4, XVID, AVI, WMV, and MOV video formats.
I just have a self-powered 1TB drive hooked up to the WD box via USB cable, then the WD box via HDMI to the TV Input. Comes with a remote control so you just look at the directories/files on the hard-drive, pick the movie you want, press play and away you go.

SA7700
Topic Author

Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:43 am

Thanks for the advice, but I don't believe "Western Digital WD TV Live boxes" are on sale in South Africa.

If anyone is familiar with ConvertXToDVD 4 problems, I would really appreciate some help please.

Thanks

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

photopilot

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:44 am

Quoting SA7700 (Reply 2):
anks for the advice, but I don't believe "Western Digital WD TV Live boxes" are on sale in South Africa.

EasyBuy Electronics
PO Box 31115
Tokai
Cape Town
South Africa
Fax: 086 689 2484
info@easybuyelectronics.co.za

http://www.easybuyelectronics.co.za/...a-player-wdbgxt0000nbk-p-8409.html

Fly2HMO

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:11 am

Quoting SA7700 (Thread starter):
Does anybody have ideas or advice that I can try out?

Sounds like a codec problem. I've used convertxtodvd for years no problems but I frequently update my codecs.

Download this:

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

SA7700
Topic Author

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:44 am

Thanks for all the info and advice thus far, I really appreciate it guys. Let me see if I can end my problems.   

ManuCH
Crew

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:27 am

Converting movies to DVD is often error-prone. What do the files which produce the garbled sound have in common? All the same source, same file format? If you try to re-convert the first file that worked correctly, does it still work correctly?

If only some files are exhibiting the problem, try contacting ConvertXToDVD tech support and send them a sample file to look at. You paid for a license after all.
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

SA7700
Topic Author

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi Manu,

The files are from the same source and are all in wmv-format. I have now submitted a request for help to VSO's technical support centre and have a log file available, which I can forward, as soon as they contact me back.

Thanks

SA7700

Go3Team

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:35 am

Quoting photopilot (Reply 1):
Western Digital WD TV Live box.

Another vote for the WDTV. I have 4 of them in the house, that are run off of a central video server.
Yay Pudding!