Superfly
Topic Author

Santorum Comes From Behind In Alabama Three-Way

Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:28 pm

I read this out loud and thought I'd share;
Poll: Santorum comes from behind in Alabama three-way.

http://weldbham.com/secondfront/2012...-from-behind-in-alabama-three-way/

Not really sure what the excitement is about a 2-term Senator who lost in a 19% blow out.
Bring back the Concorde

kiwiandrew

RE: Santorum Comes From Behind In Alabama Three-Way

Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:53 pm

It took me several minutes to get to read the article, I was so busy rolling on the floor laughing at the headline.... and judging by the comments posted in response to the article I'm not the only one.   Thanks for giving me a great laugh Superfly.

D L X

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Quoting Superfly (Thread starter):
Santorum comes from behind

Chuckle.

blow out.

Again, Chuckle.

Mir

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:52 pm

I can't decide whether I want this to be an editorial oversight or not.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

bjorn14

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:35 pm

It happens all the time in the Iowa Caucus. The person who did better than expected is declared 'the winner.' Nothing to see here move along.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

dc9northwest

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:44 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 3):

I'd rather it be intentional!

Coming up from behind in a three-way... Was he even invited? :P

vikkyvik

Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 4):
It happens all the time in the Iowa Caucus.

Wow!

Who knew??!
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

cedarjet

Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:25 pm

Don't know what's scarier, what this creep is saying or the credulous gasps from the morons in the audience. Nonetheless, everyone needs to see this to understand what a liar and psycho Santorum is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn-eejMcmuA
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

DocLightning

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:31 am

I read this out loud and thought I'd share;
blow out.
Quoting Mir (Reply 3):

I think you're meant to be left wondering. My guess is not. Multiple people must have seen this headline and it beggars belief that NOBODY would have raised an eyebrow.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

n229nw

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:19 am

BEST....HEADLINE....EVER

That is all I have to say, gentlemen (and ladies)...
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

seb146

Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:16 am

"Alabama three-way" huh.... I think that will cost you $200 in the Tenderloin...
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

stasisLAX

Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:21 am

A Pennsylvania man claims he had a 10 year sexual relationship with Ricky Santorum!! This is priceless!

Source: http://www.freewoodpost.com/2012/02/...c-relationship-with-rick-santorum/
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

DocLightning

Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:10 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 10):
I think that will cost you $200 in the Tenderloin...
Quoting stasisLAX (Reply 11):

A Pennsylvania man claims he had a 10 year sexual relationship with Ricky Santorum!! This is priceless!

Wait... this hit four days ago?

OMG, PLEASE be true. PLEASE PLEASE be true!!!

Except couldn't they have waited until after he'd gotten the GOP nomination?

Either way, if true, it ends the current culture war instantly. The big leader of the homophobia lobby is...

-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

DocLightning

Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:13 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 12):
OMG, PLEASE be true. PLEASE PLEASE be true!!!

Damnit. It's not true. Satire website.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

Superfly
Topic Author

Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Even though I've shifted away from the far left, there is no way in hell I could support this guy.
Just listen to some of the crap that comes out of his mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=ZaJ0z3hx51s
Bring back the Concorde

mariner

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 10):
"Alabama three-way" huh.... I think that will cost you $200 in the Tenderloin...

That much?

Those Alabama guys have gotten pricey since I was last in the Tenderloin.

mariner
aeternum nauta

vandenheuvel

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 14):

I'm glad I'm not homosexual because of the color of my skin   Funny topic.

smittyone

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Even though I've shifted away from the far left, there is no way in hell I could support this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...hx51s

"The Douche is strong in this one..."

[Edited 2012-02-26 13:27:24]

NorthstarBoy

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:07 pm

As democrats who want to see Obama win a second term, we have to support the most ridiculous no-chance-in-hell of winning candidate the republicans have to offer, that's either Santorum or Gingrich. The last thing we want is Romney getting the nomination because there's a chance that he could end up winning the election and becoming president. If Romney does end up with the nomination and ultimately the presidency, we have to hope to god that the voters completely hamstring his agenda by handing him a veto proof democratic majority in the house and senate so that he can accomplish absolutely nothing for at least the next two years and hopefully his entire four year term.
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

GDB

Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:05 am

So you used to vote for some tiny, sect like Communist and/or Trotskyist party?

If not, you really need to speak to anyone who had to live in the former Eastern Bloc, or in Cuba.
To get a proper definition of the term 'far left'.
Because they certainly don't exist in a mainstream US party (anymore than G.W. Bush, whatever you thought about him, was a 'Fascist' as maybe a few of his more hysterical detractors called him).

Bluntly, it's as wrong headed and outright loopy as those Tea Party types placards calling a current President both a Communist and a Nazi.
Not grown up politics. Certainly not anything remotely in the real world.
Coming from people in a country who have always had democracy, it might be downright offensive to those who were not lucky enough to be born in a democracy, any Western one.

To the subject at hand, this Santorum guy, does he really think mainstream America would ever vote for his as President?
I know there might be a slice of the voting public who would, even so, surely it's one thing to vote for him as a Senator, quite another to the very highest office.

But the most dangerous thing of all with him is this idea of going back to an idealised past. Often more of a mythical than real one.
History is littered with such ambitions, it never ends well, usually not as intended.
The past really is another country.
Quite aside from the 'cherry picking' of parts of this imagined previous idyll, to suit this fantasy narrative.
'Going back to a time when....' is like trying to bake a cake with some important ingredients missing, it's not gonna rise.

Don't most informed adults know this?

Superfly
Topic Author

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:18 am

Quoting GDB (Reply 19):
So you used to vote for some tiny, sect like Communist and/or Trotskyist party?

Does a Saul Alinsky wannabe count?

Quoting GDB (Reply 19):

I'm talking about US politics and by our definition of far-left, Obama fits the bill.
I'm well aware that Europe has had much worse than Obama and it led to wars in which we had to get involved.

Quoting GDB (Reply 19):
this Santorum guy, does he really think mainstream America would ever vote for his as President?

Many politicians have egos the size of the Pacific Ocean and surround themselves with people that all agree with them. Of course he thinks he can win but the rest of the voting public isn't as stupid as he is.

Quoting NorthstarBoy (Reply 18):
The last thing we want is Romney getting the nomination because there's a chance that he could end up winning the election and becoming president.

That's the reason I want Romney to win the nomination. It would be even better if a strong late entry candidate jumped in. I want Obama to lose.  
Quoting vandenheuvel (Reply 16):
I'm glad I'm not homosexual because of the color of my skin Funny topic.

LOL!   
Bring back the Concorde

NoUFO

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:14 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 20):
I'm talking about US politics and by our definition of far-left, Obama fits the bill.

According to many American commentators Obama is slightly left from the middle.

I'm well aware that Europe has had much worse than Obama and it led to wars in which we had to get involved.

Those responsible for the wars (WW I, WW II and Kosovo) weren't far left but far right.
I support the right to arm bears

Revelation

Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Quoting NoUFO (Reply 21):

Right, but it just makes it easier to demonize him if you can call him far left.
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

4holer

Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Google Rick Santorum portrait.
Click a link.
Laugh.
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

Superfly
Topic Author

Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:58 pm

According to many American commentators

Stop it right there. Those commentators are very much in love with Obama and would never call him "far-left".

Those responsible for the wars (WW I, WW II and Kosovo) weren't far left but far right.

Slobodan Milošević? Proxy wars with the USSR in Vietnam, North Korea, Central America and Africa.

Quoting Revelation (Reply 22):
Right, but it just makes it easier to demonize him if you can call him far left.

Nothing necessarily wrong with being "far-left". Incompetent and out of sync with the people you're supposed to represent, well....
Bring back the Concorde

NoUFO

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:09 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 24):
Stop it right there. Those commentators are very much in love with Obama

Uhm no, they were actually pretty critical. How can you tell what I read?

Superfly
Topic Author

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Quoting NoUFO (Reply 25):
How can you tell what I read?

I can tell that you're relying on sources that aren't fully objective about Obama. If so, you would have a better understanding why many Americans don't like him. I am well aware that my President is a rock star in your country.
Labeling him "far-left" isn't necessarily an insult. Jimmy Carter was "far-left" (by US standards) and he wasn't a bad guy, nor was he as bad as some people make him out to be.
I'd much rather put Jimmy Carter back in the White House rather than go through 4 more years of Obama.
Bring back the Concorde

NoUFO

Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 26):
I can tell that you're relying on sources that aren't fully objective about Obama.

That would imply that you are fully objective about Obama. You have an opinion, and it is questionable if you opinion is really substantiated, but that's not really the point. What is more troubling is that you confuse your perception with reality. We probably all tend to do so, myself included, but I find it astonishing how opinionated you are on things you can't possibly know, such as this:

If so, you would have a better understanding why many Americans don't like him.

I am well aware that Obama's approval ratings have slipped to a level about as low as that of G.W. Bush, thank you.

Or this:

I am well aware that my President is a rock star in your country.

If (if!) he ever held a rock star status he has long lost it. He didn't close Guantanamo (not his fault alone, I know), he pardoned those responsible for wartime atrocities that led to the death of several prisoners and attacked whistleblowers. He talks much about environmental issues and does very little.
What probably added to the impression in the U.S. of Obama being a "rock star" in Germany was Obama's appearance at the Victory Column in Berlin, but Reagan too drew a crowd in Berlin. When G.W. Bush had dinner in a restaurant in Berlin, other guests in the restaurant greeted him with a "Good evening Mr. President". Same happened to Clinton.
It is mostly curiosity, as we are traditionally (and understandably) more interested in your presidents than you are in our chancellors. His inauguration was four years ago, by the way. In the meantime, not only the opinion in the U.S. has shifted significantly.

Labeling him "far-left" isn't necessarily an insult.

Many people would object, and even if it is not an insult it doesn't make it right.
Santorum, to get back to the original topic, has a point when he compares Romney to Obama.

Superfly
Topic Author

Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Quoting NoUFO (Reply 27):
That would imply that you are fully objective about Obama.

I voted for Obama. I took me a while and I bit my tongue on many occasions before I gave up on the guy. I am very objective on him.

I am well aware that Obama's approval ratings have slipped to a level about as low as that of G.W. Bush, thank you.

Not true. Dubya's approval rating slipped to only 22%. Obama never slipped that low. The lowest Obama fell to was just 36%. At the moment, he is at 48%, some news outlets claim 50% but we shall see how long this last with the spike in oil prices, unemployment and problems in Syria.

Santorum, to get back to the original topic, has a point when he compares Romney to Obama.

I've been saying that all along. I even started a thread about that last fall.

What probably added to the impression in the U.S. of Obama being a "rock star" in Germany was Obama's appearance at the Victory Column in Berlin, but Reagan too drew a crowd in Berlin. When G.W. Bush had dinner in a restaurant in Berlin, other guests in the restaurant greeted him with a "Good evening Mr. President". Same happened to Clinton.

The crowd at Victory Column was cheering as if David Hasslehoff was on stage.  
Bring back the Concorde

ual777

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Quoting GDB (Reply 19):

If not, you really need to speak to anyone who had to live in the former Eastern Bloc, or in Cuba.
Because they certainly don't exist in a mainstream US party (anymore than G.W. Bush, whatever you thought about him, was a 'Fascist' as maybe a few of his more hysterical detractors called him).

Thankfully our far left, and yours is different.

Must have been somebody who works for MSNBC.
It is always darkest before the sun comes up.

Revelation

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Well, at least the nut-job Santorum is keeping things interesting.

Quote:

“There are good, decent men and women who work hard every day and put their skills to the test that aren’t taught by some liberal college professor… That’s why he wants you to go to college. He wants to remake you in his image,” Santorum said. “I want to create jobs so people can remake their children into their image, not his.”

Yeah, that evil Obama wants you to go to college and be brain-washed by (OMG!) liberal professors and become Obama clones!

Let's see, Santorum doesn't want anyone else to get an education, but:

Quote:

Santorum attended Pennsylvania State University for his undergraduate studies, serving as chairman of the university's College Republicans chapter and graduating with a Bachelor of Arts with honors in political science in 1980.[26] He then completed a one-year Master of Business Administration program at the University of Pittsburgh's Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, graduating in 1981.

Santorum received a JD with honors from the Dickinson School of Law in 1986.[27]

So apparently he managed to avoid brainwashing by liberal professors, but it appears he also avoided learning anything else too!

It's interesting that he'd be making the argument that education leads to liberalism, which would by extension imply that lack of eduction leads to conservatism. Hot stuff, no?

He seems to think we'd all be better off if colleges were banned because they're just snob factories. Seems to me his thinking would go over pretty well in the Taliban-held areas of the world. I wonder if PSU, Pitt and Dickinson will be asking for their diplomas back?

DocLightning

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 30):
It's interesting that he'd be making the argument that education leads to liberalism, which would by extension imply that lack of eduction leads to conservatism. Hot stuff, no?

Yes, well, he's hoping you aren't educated enough to pick that one up.

It's like the idea of a Federal Marriage Amendment. If it's necessary to amend the Constitution to ban gay marriage, then doesn't it logically follow that banning gay marriage is unconstitutional? Somehow, GOP voters haven't noticed that.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

Tugger

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:42 pm

Does a Saul Alinsky wannabe count?

You mean Tea Party Activists? Some have been handing out his book "Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals" and his tactics are used in Republican circles as well.

Quote:
FreedomWorks, the tea party group headed by former Republican House leader Dick Armey, gives copies of "Rules for Radicals" to its leaders. "His tactics when it comes to grass-roots organizing are incredibly effective," FreedomWorks spokesman Adam Brandon told The Wall Street Journal. Tea partyers aggressively confronting lawmakers at town hall meetings is straight from Alinsky"s playbook.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...-so-obsessed-with-him/%28page%29/2

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

GDB

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:37 pm

No he does not, nor do his Democratic predecessors.
I don't think you have any idea about 'what we have had in Europe'. While it's true that political centres of gravity do alter some in different countries - for instance France is generally, even with a right winger like Sarkozy - a bit more to the left than the UK. Really that's more to do with local conditions, history, than a general political spectrum.
And it's certainly not to the far left.
They do however have a larger far right than us, in the unlovely shape of the National Front. Which seems to indicate French politics is more combustible than ours, again for historical reasons.

Quoting ual777 (Reply 29):
Thankfully our far left, and yours is different.

Actually it isn't. Real far left is a few very small parties. Both in the US and UK. Not in the, sorry but there is no better way of putting it, more hysterical or juvenile elements within of the US political scene. Very small as in membership in the 100's and inability to get enough votes for a local council seat much less a Member Of Parliament.

A venerable American actress has just won an Oscar for portraying a certain well known British PM.
A PM who, though she might not have deep down really approved of it, retained a very comprehensive health system. She even went out of her way to say it was safe in her hands.
So by the 'logic' of the US Republicans today, therefore Thatcher was 'far left'.
Again, this is where different histories and circumstances come in. Since in the case of the UK, taking that away would be about as politically popular as seriously restricting gun ownership in the US.
She was however, in most other ways, the closest ideological soul mate Reagan had of any Western leaders in his time in office.
She massively deregulated, privatised. Still 'far left'?

At the same time, the more left wing elements on the British Labour Party, in opposition, gained enough influence to shape party policy towards an anti nuclear, neutralist defence/foreign policy. But their counterparts in Mitterrand's France, actually in government, certainly did not. Even if that meant illegally blowing up a Greenpeace ship!
But centrist moderates in Labour had firmly expunged them by the time Blair came into office. As well as all other parts of their wish lists. Including effectively nationalising banks. Circumstances in 2008 did lead to a Labour government, most reluctantly, having to do so. But then so did the administration of G.W. Bush. Did that make him 'far left'?

'Far Left', if you take away all these local differences, is state ownership of most, if not all commercial activities, from corporations to corner shops. Without a major crisis in the financial sector driving emergency action in that area. But to do so for pure idealogical reasons.
With little or no private housing market either.
I don't see any Western nation with anything like that.
There's one in the Western Hemisphere, just 90 miles from Florida.
And Chavez further south has moved in that direction, to a degree, over 13 years.

This all seems to indicate that over heated political labelling does not have much to do with the real world.
Which I suppose suits the current GOP candidates just fine.

FlyPNS1

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 28):
I am very objective on him.

Hardly. Your thoughts on Obama are based on random Youtube clips, lies and a perverse obsession/phobia of Islam. You're certainly free to have that opinion, but it's not an objective one.

Not even close, but keep trying.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 28):
I've been saying that all along. I even started a thread about that last fall.

So then why do you want Romney to win the election? If Romney = Obama and you don't like Obama, why would you want Romney to win?

Ken777

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Santorum does have some problems. The thought of him involved in an Alabama Three Way is just one in a long list of image problems.

That, and the fact that he reminds me as one of the men on the wedding cake - at a gay wedding.

At least his really dumb comments these days will make great ads for the Democrats if he actually gets the nomination.

BTW, has anyone actually figured out just what is involved in an Alabama Three Way? Grits & bear it? A hunting dog?

NoUFO

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Quoting ual777 (Reply 29):

Must have been somebody who works for MSNBC.

One of those was Jeffrey Sachs, and I didn't know he was working for MSNBC.

DocLightning

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:08 am

I do have an issue that occurred to me today during swim practice (this is what I get for not breathing enough and keeping my head underwater).

Rick Santorum has said that he wants America to be run on Biblical principals. He believes that sodomy should be recriminalized (as is the Texas GOP's platform, although he's not from Texas).

So this places him in a spot of bother.

Option 1: He wants to run on Biblical principles, in which case the penalty for a number of sexual offenses including homosexuality is to "cut off from among their people" (Lev. 18-29, KJV). This is spelled out explicitly in Leviticus.

Now, let's consider the logistics of this position: our prisons are overcrowded as it is, and we are talking about vast numbers of Americans. Not just the 3-5% who are gay, but then you have all the adulterers and assorted others. So we can't put these people in jail awaiting a trial. Thus, the only way I can think of to accomplish this would be to build new detention centers where those who are accused of sodomy will be taken for holding while awaiting a trial. Generally speaking, facilities of this nature can be called "concentration camps."

We would then need an entire court system devoted to biblical sexual crimes. Presumably the evidence would be pretty open-and-shut since Santorum has said, "the right to privacy doesn't exist in my opinion in the United States Constitution" (2003 interview with Lara Jakes Jordan of the AP).

Now, if the penalty prescribed by the Bible is to be "cut off from among their people," then I would interpret that as either permanent internment in a concentration camp or exile from the nation.

Leaving the obvious moral and ethical issues with such a plan aside, we're talking about a very expensive program. A curious position for one who wants to shrink government. That said, he might have solved the unemployment crisis!

You might call me hysterical, and I don't actually think that Santorum wants (or thinks he can get away with) a program as I've described, but everything I've said follows logically from his own statements.

Option 2: He's not willing to actually enforce Biblical law. In that case, then he's just a loudmouthed blowhard who doesn't mean what he says.

Can anyone list an option 3?

Remember:
*He wants sodomy criminalized. He has said so explicitly.
*He wants America run on biblical principles. He has said so explicitly.
*If there is a crime, there must be a punishment. The biblical punishment is prescribed.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

Ken777

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:47 am

"Biblical principles" is simply a line of political BS for the Scrotum and will be significantly toned down if he gets the nomination.

But look at how many groups he is pushing to Obama. The Jewish vote. The non-white vote. The Gay vote. I would also question his ability to get the young vote with his really strong positions re sex. Younger guys simply won't believe him and the girls will probably believe he is a flake.

Personally I wouldn't worry about him, even if he was elected President. There are not enough votes in the House for him to pass his flakey ideas. It would be like the trans vaginal ultrasound BS - dropped as soon as the ridicule reached a certain level. Representatives go to the polls every two years and can't afford the ridicule.

DocLightning

Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:10 am

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 38):
"Biblical principles" is simply a line of political BS for the Scrotum and will be significantly toned down if he gets the nomination.

I know that. You know that. Everyone knows that. And yet he is standing up there claiming to be a man of his word and saying it solemnly.

Of course he could never pull it off, even if he wanted to. But it is the logical conclusion of what he claims he wants to do. In a society the size of ours, there would have to be a large institution to enforce such laws.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

Superfly
Topic Author

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:01 am

Quoting GDB (Reply 33):

Dude, this is a thread about US politics so I'm going by what we define as 'far-left' and again, Obama fits that definition. We are all well aware of your eccentric leaders in Europe that were to the left of Obama and caused chaos, starvation and wars as a result.

Quoting FlyPNS1 (Reply 34):
So then why do you want Romney to win the election? If Romney = Obama and you don't like Obama, why would you want Romney to win?

...because Romney is not a Muslim.   

Personally I wouldn't worry about him, even if he was elected President.

Santorum will not will the nomination, nor the Presidency.
Bring back the Concorde

Acheron

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:23 am

Central America

I'm sure the US government proping up right wing dictatorships all over the place had nothing to do with people flocking towards the USSR.  

Revelation

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Seems like he wants a return to the dark ages, where the common man had no hope for education and the Catholic Church controlled everything.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 39):
I know that. You know that. Everyone knows that. And yet he is standing up there claiming to be a man of his word and saying it solemnly.

Things are pretty ugly for the GOP. You've got a mindless theocrat and ideologue, a crook and womanizer, and a gormless1%er embraced in an Alabama three-way.

Hey, I just thought of a use for that 55 gallon drum of personal lubricant!   
Quoting Superfly (Reply 40):
I'm going by what we define as 'far-left'

What makes Obama so "far left"? Because he tried to tackle health care, which is a huge cost issue for businesses, governments and individuals? Clinton's plans were more far-reaching than ACA, and ACA is pretty similar to what Mitt Romney supported as Governor of Massachusetts. Because of the auto bailout, which was started by George W. Bush? Because his middle name is Hussein, and he thinks talking with Muslims is a good idea? If he is so "far left", why didn't he close down Guantanamo, which he could have done with a stroke of the pen? Why hasn't he worked on scaling back the "Patriot Act"?

Bottom line: Obama isn't far left, he's just left. It's just a scare tactic to label him far left.

Superfly
Topic Author

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 42):
Seems like he wants a return to the dark ages, where the common man had no hope for education and the Catholic Church controlled everything.

It isn't going to happen. Santorum WILL NOT be elected President.
It is fun to sit back and poke fun of him though.  
scare tactic

What is there to be "scared" of?

Can we get back on topic about Santorum's dirty threesome?
Bring back the Concorde

USPIT10L

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 37):

I'm sorry, I try to avoid commenting on these threads, but I'm just sick of hearing this phrase from conservatives, especially Catholic conservatives. He's Catholic, he only believes what his priest tells him to believe. I doubt he's ever actually read the Vulgate, much less KJV version, of the Bible at all. Sorry, I'm a little biased:

1) I'm Protestant.
2) I can't stand him now, nor could I stand him when he was my Senator in PA. I think PA should send a note to all registered Republicans in America right now:

Dear Votes of USA

Rick Santorum is an arrogant a$$ who cares nothing about you or your troubles. He's only in it for himself.

Signed,

The Voters of Pennsylvania

OTOH, if he actually won the nomination, Obama would crush him. So it's a really a double-edged sword.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

Superfly
Topic Author

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:48 pm

Quoting USPIT10L (Reply 44):
I think PA should send a note to all registered Republicans in America right now:

You all already did that in 2006 by voting him out in a 19% blow-out!
Rick Santorum just can't take the hint.

Quoting USPIT10L (Reply 44):
if he actually won the nomination, Obama would crush him.

That is true and I speculate that a lot of Democrats in Michigan will vote in the open Republican primary for Santorum.
Bring back the Concorde

Revelation

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 43):
What is there to be "scared" of?

It allows you to bring up the specter (uhm) of such things as:

Proxy wars with the USSR in Vietnam, North Korea, Central America and Africa.

which have nothing to do with Obama's policies.

Can we get back on topic about Santorum's dirty threesome?

Well, I tried! 
Hey, I just thought of a use for that 55 gallon drum of personal lubricant!   

Superfly
Topic Author

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 46):
which have nothing to do with Obama's policies.

Never said it did. Another member from the UK insisted on bringing world politics to the Santorum threesome and I had to correct him with examples.
Now back to Santorum.  
Bring back the Concorde

Ken777

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Dude, this is a thread about US politics so I'm going by what we define as 'far-left' and again, Obama fits that definition.

Compared to the GOP 4 Way these days a moderate is going to be considered "far left".

...because Romney is not a Muslim

No. He is a Mormon.

But a lot of GOP voters won't know the difference.

Well there is the high tech trans-vaginal wing of the GOP who will ensure we go into the Dark Ages with the latest technology.

Things are pretty ugly for the GOP. You've got a mindless theocrat and ideologue, a crook and womanizer, and a gormless1%er embraced in an Alabama three-way.

And, of course, the challenge is to figure out which is which.  Wow!
It isn't going to happen. Santorum WILL NOT be elected President.

You never know. Look at the options in the GOP. Willard doesn't win Michigan and he is in huge trouble.
Especially since so much of the GOP is an the "Anyone But Romney" mindset.

While the GOP might be dumb enough for Scrotum or Mr. Piggy there is no way that Ron Paul will be acceptable by any Republican not on drugs.

So the options are:

"Anyone But Romney" Romney
Mr. Piggy
The Scrotum

Let's see how Michigan goes.

seb146

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 37):
Rick Santorum has said that he wants America to be run on Biblical principals. He believes that sodomy should be recriminalized

Let's not forget that oral is considered sodomy by many. And, that alone would place many women in concentration camps. And this is the party of small government and "git gub'mint outta my life!"? That's what they are about?

BTW: Where in the Constitution does it say we are a theocracy? If you want a theocracy, move to Iran.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal