EMBQA
Topic Author

Malware Help

Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 pm

I've had this issue before with my computer and I'm trying to remember how I fixed it. I'm running Malwarebytes Free version and every few minutes I'll get a pop up saying Malwarebytes has blocked an outgoing attempt to access a know malisious website. The IP address its trying to access is often different, but a few keep coming back. I've run a scan and found nothing. This has just started a few days ago and I'm sure I have an issue. Any advise or fixes..?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

varigb707

RE: Malware Help

Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:20 am

Here's what I would do :
Delete the program (Use Revo Uninstaller).
Clean your History and Cookies.
Re Install Malwarebytes.
Good luck.
First, I said 'hey' and then I said 'now'. "Hey Now!" - Hank K.

EMBQA
Topic Author

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:16 am

It's looking like my svchost.exe has a trojan or has been infected
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

TLG

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:47 am

Quoting varigb707 (Reply 1):
Here's what I would do :
Delete the program (Use Revo Uninstaller).
Clean your History and Cookies.
Re Install Malwarebytes.

That's what I would do too. It sounds to me like something with Malwarebytes is corrupted, or possibly a virus is having its way with it. The free version doesn't protect in realtime; all it does is scan when you force one. The paid version does protect in realtime. Malwarebytes isn't so much an antivirus as it is an antimalware program. It is designed to work in conjunction with antiviruses such as Norton Antivirus or Microsoft Security Essentials.

It wouldn't hurt to get the paid version. It's available for less than $20 on Amazon, and the subscription is lifetime.

-TLG

EMBQA
Topic Author

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Quoting TLG (Reply 3):

I've deleted it for now. I also run Superantispyware at the advise of as friend. When I scan SISW does find more, so maybe for now I'll just run that. I do have MS Security Essiencials. For me.. just another reason to start leaning towards Apple. The friends I know that have changed over just love it