varigb707

Rush (The Band) Has A New Single This Coming 3/30?

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:15 pm

I am certainly looking forward to this new album.

With the anticipated (yet not confirmed) May 29th release of Clockwork Angels, word is now surfacing that the first (well, third) single from the album will make its debut on Friday, March 30th. Rumor has it that Roadrunner Records, Rush's record label, will be hosting a listening party for industry executives, promoters and journalists at the end of this month.

http://news.cygnus-x1.net/2012/03/fi...k-angels.html#.T2ITfzjS2hk.twitter
First, I said 'hey' and then I said 'now'. "Hey Now!" - Hank K.

RE: Rush (The Band) Has A New Single This Coming 3/30?

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Holy crap!!!!

I can't wait to listen to it. Rush makes me go crazy, I love them and their concerts.

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!

Superfly

Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:30 am

As a diehard RUSH fan that has grew up listening to their music, I'm almost afraid to listen to their new material.
Neil Peart will be 60 this year. Geddy & Alex will be 59. No one keeps their creative energy forever.
I just hope that it sounds nothing like anything over the past 10 years.

Quoting Varigb707 (Thread starter):
Roadrunner Records, Rush's record label

They're now on the same record label as King Diamond?
Bring back the Concorde

NSMike

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:49 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 2):
As a diehard RUSH fan that has grew up listening to their music, I'm almost afraid to listen to their new material.
Neil Peart will be 60 this year. Geddy & Alex will be 59. No one keeps their creative energy forever.

I couldn't listen to any of their albums from start to finish since Power Windows. I remember when Hold Your Fire came out and what a huge letdown it was...

Still, one can hope.
Pearl Snares, Taye Drums, Sabian Cymbals, Remo Heads, Los Cabos Sticks

Superfly

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:07 am

Quoting NSMike (Reply 3):
I couldn't listen to any of their albums from start to finish since Power Windows. I remember when Hold Your Fire came out and what a huge letdown it was...

Still, one can hope.

Power Windows was the album that pulled me in.
Then I started going backwards and getting in to their previous albums. I consider Hold Your Fire their last great album.
Presto onwards has been a steady decline. I really didn't like Counterparts when it came out and it was Vaportrails that really made me sad. I still like getting together with my Rush fan buddies when they tour and paying my respects to the last great rock performers that can play live.

When they released Caravan last year, it was the first time I didn't go out and buy a new Rush release.
I only bough Snakes & Arrows because it was released on 180 gram vinyl. Also the 2 instrumental tracks are great.
Bring back the Concorde

Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Yes. They changed record labels on their Snakes and Arrows album. Now they are with Dream Theater and King Diamond's label, Roadrunner Records.

I am looking forward to listening to this new masterpiece, and even more, going to another gig.

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!

DarkSnowyNight

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:11 pm

And Brooklyn's own Type O Negative!

Basic agreement. My favorite Rush would be the span from Moving Pictures to Roll the Bones. I know I'm in the minority here (probably), but I can't get enough of Rush's second-wind, synthesizer age.

Quoting NSMike (Reply 3):

Start a Roadtrip listening to Prime Mover sometime. It actually works pretty well.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 4):

Power Windows was the album that pulled me in.

For me it was Roll the Bones, specifically Dreamline (also a great Roadtrip song....) But I do love me some Power Windows. For whatever reason, I can listen to Middletown Dreams, all day, though many other fans I know characterize it as the "most average song ever."
You Sir, are a very funny lady.

Superfly

Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:04 pm

Quoting darksnowynight (Reply 6):
Middletown Dreams

One of their best songs EVER!

many other fans I know characterize it as the "most average song ever."

Those aren't real fans. Those are just Neil Peart fans.

I can't get enough of Rush's second-wind, synthesizer age.

I'll stay that Rush had two peaks.
'A Farewell To Kings - Hemispheres and again with Power Windows - Hold Your Fire.

Start a Roadtrip listening to Prime Mover sometime. It actually works pretty well.

My favorites from that album is Open Secrets, Second Nature, Lock And Key, Mission, Tai Shan and High Water.
I like orchestrations in those songs.
Bring back the Concorde