DLX737200
Topic Author

Anyone In ATL Area?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 am

Hey guys. I semi-recently moved to the metro Atlanta area and was wondering who on the forum lives in this area? I'm interested in meeting some of the locals who share my interest in aviation.

YANQUI67

RE: Anyone In ATL Area?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Hello,
Welcome to the ATL area. You got many airports around here to choose from. I can usually be found on one of these on any given day. ATL, PDK. FTY, MGE, RYY, 4A7, PUJ and 6A2. A little further away theres Cartersville, Rome and Thomaston Airports. Atlanta is loaded with aviation. The name is Agustin Anaya. Theres other spotters too. We usually run into each other. Hope to see you around.
Gus

dl021

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Welcome to ATL. We are definitely loaded with aviation watching opportunity. If you want interesting variety try the airport in the early morning for cargo/far east departures, and early evening for international departures...that's when you'll get the odd DC-8/747/something besides DL twin....

PDK is great for viewing, both from the built in bleachers and from the Downwind Cafe in the main terminal building (former O-Club when it was NAS Atlanta).

There's a bunch of us here, although we rarely get together (anti-social crowd!...   ) but I'd be up for a get together at Downwind sometime.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

globalflyer

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:37 pm

I am a native! One of the few. Started my career at Eastern so many memories here. Still in the industry. Unfortunately we do not have a lot of variety at ATL in terms of non-Delta carriers but we are getting better especially with the cargo carriers. It would be fun to have a gathering. A great place to spot at ATL is the Concorde Bar inside the Renaissance Airport Hotel. You can sit there for hours and watch the activity om the 8/26 runway. Welcome!
Landing on every Continent almost on an annual basis!

KaiGywer
Crew

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:18 am

Quoting dl021 (Reply 2):
Downwind Cafe

The terrace is awesome. There's also the 57th. Viewing opportunites are AWESOME there as the taxiway goes right by their fence, and you can easily take pics over the fence

http://www.the57threstaurant.com/
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

ALTF4

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm a local, fly out of RYY a fair amount (great little airport - not too busy, but has a tower, right by Kennesaw Mountain). Would love to meet some others... I'm down in the city every week day for work.
The above post is my opinion. Don't like it? Don't read it.

N776AU

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Count me in from the ATL crowd too. I go to school at UGA, but I live in Gwinnett when I'm not in Athens. I've for the longest time needed an excuse to go to the Delta Museum. Maybe I just found it   
Careful, Doors Are Closing And Will Not Reopen. Please Wait For The Next Train

fly777s

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:57 pm

- From Birmingham, so just a hop, skip, and jump over... I usually come into ATL on every other weekend.. Would also be great to meet some people in the ATL area who are interested in aviation.

Trent