mmedford
Topic Author

Medal Of Honor:WarFighter - Release 10/23/2012!

Sat May 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Not sure who else is into these types of games. But a new release to a well known series.

The Medal of Honor (2010) was an excellent game, can't wait to see the new one.

I'm thinking it's time to build a new computer as well.

Current Rig;

C2Q Q9550
8GB
Dual 9800GTX+s (Non-SLI...I use 3 monitors)

Future Rig?

GTX690!?
ILS = It'll Land Somewhere

speedbird217

RE: Medal Of Honor:WarFighter - Release 10/23/2012!

Sat May 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Nice! But I'm more of a Battlefield-person. I didn't like the last MoH, it was way to linear and scripted for my taste.

Quoting mmedford (Thread starter):
GTX690!?

In my opinion that's overkill. There really won't be a lot of games where you would see a huge difference to other Nvidia-cards. I just got myself a GTX570 2.6GB memory edition 2 months ago.
Great card and I can play current games at highest settings without a problem. Get around 60 FPS in BF3. My CPU is an i7 920, so not really top-notch, even though it's overclocked to 3.8 GHz.

If you want something future-proof, wait for the GTX660 or 670. They will be cheaper and still have very good performance. Or you could opt for an ATI-card, they are usually a lot cheaper, even though they don't have the full potential of the new Nvidia-GPU's.
I just switched from an HD5850 only for my FS, because Nvidia-GPU's are the way to go if you use MSFS. Even with this "old" card I still had good results in BF3 and Batman Arkham City.