Buyantukhaa

WAW Rail Link Opens

Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:49 pm

As of today, WAW has an airport link to town, several trains a day run from the airport terminal to the three main stations and beyond.

http://katowice.gazeta.pl/katowice/1..._na_lotnisko__A_my_wracamy_do.html (article in Polish but with some pics)

This is very good news and long overdue... and just in time for the Euro 2012 Cup. The most important in my opinion is that you now have a more reliable way to get there in rush hour. Not sure how happy the taxi drivers are though.
I scratch my head, therefore I am.

kl911

RE: WAW Rail Link Opens

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Isnt a new airport being opened soon and all flights transfer to it??? I read somewhere that all Budapest flights will transfer to that airport.

kl911

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Quoting BuyantUkhaa (Thread starter):
and just in time for the Euro 2012 Cup

We still have 5 weeks untill the Dutch team goes home with the cup   Hup Holland Hup

ThomasCook

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Looks like a great link with an off-peak service every 15 minutes.

Quoting kl911 (Reply 1):
Isnt a new airport being opened soon and all flights transfer to it??? I read somewhere that all Budapest flights will transfer to that airport.

Modlin Airport opens in time for Euro 2012 with Wizzair moving all WAW ops over to WMI on the 14th July I believe although the airport will be open and operation before this date. Ryanair is also opening a base. The airport is a former military airfield north of Warszawa. The airport is also going to have its own rail station.

ThomasCook
A380 Crew

kl911

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Quoting ThomasCook (Reply 3):
Modlin Airport opens in time for Euro 2012 with Wizzair moving all WAW ops over to WMI on the 14th July I believe although the airport will be open and operation before this date. Ryanair is also opening a base. The airport is a former military airfield north of Warszawa. The airport is also going to have its own rail station.

Thanks, thts the one. But WAW will operate besides this new one? Will WAW close one day because of its location almost in the city?

I was under the impression that Modlin would take over from WAW, but I was wrong.

HT

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:57 pm

Quoting kl911 (Reply 4):
But WAW will operate besides this new one? Will WAW close one day because of its location almost in the city?

WAW will stay open with WMI serving as an alternative for usual bunch of cost-sensitive airlines.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !