Superfly
Topic Author

Your Chance To Meet Obama And The Working Class

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAlnKHctMYs

Well here is your chance!  
Since the wealthiest 1% are all going to Romney, the President is showing how he is so in touch with the 99%.
Actress Sarah Jessica Parker and Anna Wintour is hosting a party with Barack & Michelle Obama and is setting aside two seats for you to join in the party.
What a golden opportunity!  

Is it me or is this lady on drugs? Look at the constant twitch. She tipped the scale on the snob meter as well.
This President is hardly in touch with the working class as he pretends to be.
Bring back the Concorde

Aesma

RE: Your Chance To Meet Obama And The Working Class

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:03 pm

All that plastic surgery, awful !

As for the US president being in touch with the masses, how could he be ? Isn't he surrounded by an army at all times, traveling in motorcades and private aircraft ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

2707200X

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:43 am

Living now in a place where criticizing your king can send you to jail you certainly don't miss an opportunity to mock Obama and his wife with all the glee that you and the other anti-Obama nutz do. Do you think death threat maker and pants soiling draft dodger Ted Nugent or conspiracy theorist, shyster and pageant rigger Donald Trump will make good company for Romney? What makes you think Mitt Romney is in touch with the working class besides his persistent flip flopping, his job cutting, his statements on bad cookies from a bakery that supported him, his recent trashing of a supporters home and his cowardly draft dodging with four deferments whilst supporting the war he did not want to fight? If Romney is elected (don't hold your breath) will you still support him like you do now or will or toss him like you did Obama, and what difference will it make from where you are? And of course while talking about Michelle Obama's twitchy eye, Ann Romney will never miss an opportunity to use a misfortune statement to promote her victimhood by H. Rosen to make money.

I am not a fan of SJP, you probably know that, haha, and I am especially not a fan of Ted Nugent, Kiiiiiiiiiiiiid ROCK or The Donald. Though they both live a bubble to some degree I think Obama is more in touch with the American people than Willard Mitt Romney.
"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield Sea-Fever

Maverick623

Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:54 am

Quoting Superfly (Thread starter):
This President is hardly in touch with the working class as he pretends to be.

You'll never, ever see a President, VP, Senator, or any cabinet member who is "in touch" with the working class.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

seb146

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:27 am

Quoting 2707200X (Reply 2):
Living now in a place where criticizing your king can send you to jail

That actually happened more under GWB than now.

ALL politicians are out of touch. Every last one of them. McConnell, Romney, Obama, Pelosi.... EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN ONE!!

But, Democrats at least *say* what the working class wants to hear. Problem is: right-wing owns more radio and TV stations so they brand the left as "elitist" and "snobs" and so forth.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

Maverick623

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:36 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 4):
Problem is: right-wing owns more radio and TV

Radio? Yes. TV? Hardly.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

Superfly
Topic Author

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:32 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 4):
ALL politicians are out of touch. Every last one of them. McConnell, Romney, Obama, Pelosi.... EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN ONE!!

Exactly!
At least with Romney, we all know his isn't of working-class background were as Obama pretends to be. Obama is just as much of an elitist as Romney and that's something a lot of Obama supporters don't understand.

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 3):
You'll never, ever see a President, VP, Senator, or any cabinet member who is "in touch" with the working class.

Actually Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey (D-CA) was once on welfare and worked her way up.
Bring back the Concorde

MD11Engineer

Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:52 am

I´m a bluecollar worker myself (albeit one with a position in what Marx would call the worker´s aristocracy and with some university education, though never got a degree and a thorough vocational education). If I look at many of our mechanics, I don´t know if I would want to be governt by these types. For many their interests in world matters end with the weekly football (soccer) results, the seminude big-titted girl on page one of the tabloid newspaper and the prices for beer in Mallorca.
The female version of these is interested mainly what socalled celebrities are doing and the latest TV dramas.
Back in the late 19th century, first half of the 20th century you had worker´s educational clubs (often connected to their trade unions), where workers would meet in their freetime to learn. They would e.g. invite university professors to hold lectures about fields of interests (this could be anything from politics to the, at this time new, topics of theory of relativity and quantum physics). At this time education was seen as a way to get forward and through these clubs workers, who else could not afford a formal higher level eduucation, could learn something.
But the days of these clubs are gone.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi