JetBlueGuy2006
Topic Author

Ann Curry May Be Stepping Down From "Today" On NBC

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:57 am

According to the NY Times, reported by industry blog site TVNewser, it looks like NBC is working with Ann Curry to transition off the popular morning show into another role with NBC News

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/...p-aside-as-today-co-anchor_b133934

This would make sense to me. I think Ann Curry is a wonderful reporter, especially on international issues; but the chemistry with Matt Lauer at the anchor desk isn't the best. It is especially notable because of the chemistry he seemed to have with Meredith Vieira and Katie Couric.
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

ltbewr

RE: Ann Curry May Be Stepping Down From "Today" On NBC

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 am

What has probably hurt her was the significant drop in ratings with ABC's GMA gaining into 1st place. NBC wants to put in her replacement - most likely a good looking white blond haired woman - before the Olympics. Remember - follow the money $$$ when such decisions are made.

stratosphere

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:05 am

I do not like her or Matt Lauer they both are WAY overpaid for mediocre reporting at best. I watch the Today show for about 30 seconds then change the channel. Does not surprise me they are again in the dump on ratings

EA CO AS

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:48 am

Methinks they'll slide Natalie Morales into Ann's spot in the not-so-distant future.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group