Airstud
Topic Author

Does Amazon Still Work For IE 7?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:16 am

This one here...I'm like, always with the Amazon issues...

See, my personal PC is zotzed so for now my only net access is here at work, where we (as a Fortune 25 company) apparently don't have the resources to install IE 8. I am thinking that that is the reason why my visits to Amazon.com are so messed up lately (e.g. can't click on "Add to Cart," 'cause it says you must select a size/color; even when I've already totally selected those; or I _can_ click "Add to Cart" but doing so causes my screen to be filled with foreign characters and empty boxes).

Consarn it, I really need to order stuff and sooner rather than later; I have no clue when our desktop dudes (who are probably all based in India by now... grrrrr) are going to push IE 8 this way...is there some kind of workaround or kloodge for getting the A-z to work with IE 7.0.5730.13CO (assuming of course, that I'm right in thinking that IE version is the problem here)?
Pancakes are delicious.

Jetsgo

RE: Does Amazon Still Work For IE 7?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:08 am

Glad you were able to enjoy a couple drinks on your day off. Happy 236th!  
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

Ferminios

Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:18 am

I don't think there's any way around it, your company really needs to push it before they're going to be taxed everywhere   

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18440979

Airstud
Topic Author

Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:36 am

Quoting Jetsgo (Reply 1):
Glad you were able to enjoy a couple drinks on your day off. Happy 236th!

Who drank what when now? I'm working a 12-hour shift here.... at least boss let us outside to go watch the fireworks  

But hey what about my question...
Pancakes are delicious.

Ferminios

Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:56 am

Just thinking, this really depends on how restricted you are as a user on your work:
http://portableapps.com/apps

But then, you'll need to have permission to launch an executable unknown to the system software. I hope it will work!

LOWS

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:36 am

I installed Chrome at my last job, because I couldn't stand IE. It installed with no problems.

Surely, you have an onsite IT guy...?

Ps76

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi!

Quoting Ferminios (Reply 4):
Just thinking, this really depends on how restricted you are as a user on your work:
http://portableapps.com/apps

I would go with this route too if you can. Portable Firefox or Portable Opera or Portable Chrome will do the job fine. I even ran one once at my local library off a USB memory stick when their web browsers were old.

Shame on Amazon for not making their site backwards compatible though. I know nothing about web design though so that might be hard to do.

Hope it might help.

Pierre