United Airline
Topic Author

Microsoft VS Apple. Which Is A Bigger Company?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:27 am

Which is a bigger company? I mean in terms of revenue, net profit, market cap, assets etc........

I would say Microsoft is overall bigger.

Braniff747SP

RE: Microsoft VS Apple. Which Is A Bigger Company?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:30 am

Apple has the largest market cap in the world. Revenues and liquid assets are bigger too.
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!

United Airline
Topic Author

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:39 am

Which about total assets?

But Bill Gates is so much richer than the late Steve Jobs

bill142

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:21 am

The answer to the question is largely ambiguous as there's any number of measures that could be used. For example Microsoft has 90000 employes Apple has 60000. It's just like asking who's the world biggest airline?

flipdewaf

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:39 am

If on disappeared over night I think MS would have the worst effect.

Was sent this picture, thought it was funny:

Hehe.

Fred

P.S. posted from iPhone so no fanboy

Braniff747SP

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:12 am

Quoting United Airline (Reply 2):

That's because for many, many years Microsoft made much more money than Apple. They've never lost money until yesterday. And Microsoft is still a huge company--in terms of company size, bigger than Apple. Mind you, most computers in the world run a Microsoft OS.
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!

Ken777

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Quoting United Airline (Reply 2):

Which shows that monopoly abuse can be very profitable.

These days MS still has a very large user base - far more than the Apple Mac ranges.

But MS has some huge problems in the smart phone and tablet markets. Apple and Android are showing that taking these sectors from MS is like taking candy from a baby.

I believe that MS is going to hurt from this mobile competition for a long time. They are no longer sacred in IT departments. Starting with the iPhone, and moving forward with the iPad, IT departments are opening the door for Apple. If Mountain Lion delivers on a lot of the look & feel of the iOS then the Mac line is going to pull more PC users into the fold.

Think about it - Apple went with the iPhone originally, but were working on the iPad in the background at the same time. When Steve Jobs announced the iPad he made a key comment: "If you have an iPhone or iPod touch" you already know how to use it." Apple has the ability to leverage that type of thinking, even if not all of the iOS apps are available on the OS X side. That pulls MS down even further.

Overall I believed that Apple is moving past MS. Share price growth and market cap are two areas where they have blown past MS. Consumer acceptance on the iOS side is huge and Apple has the financial power to invest in making products they believe are better. This link shows just one small part of that willingness:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...-secret-hoard-lasers-11032011.html