sq_ek_freak
Topic Author

Olympic Schedule For The Young Royals Released

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Per the Telegraph, seems like William, Kate and Harry will have a busy schedule flying the Royal flag at the Olympics!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ry-lead-royal-Olympics-charge.html

What are your guys' thoughts on their involvement in the festivities?

I think it probably makes the most sense that the three most senior young royals represent the Royal Family with the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh sticking to the biggest events (i.e. opening ceremony etc). Also makes sense since I believe William and Harry are patrons/presidents of various sports charities in the UK.

Super excited for London 2012, I absolutely love the Olympics. Wish I could have gone but alas I'll probably get as far as Heathrow or Gatwick and not much further than that!
Keep Discovering

Confuscius

RE: Olympic Schedule For The Young Royals Released

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Will they attend any shooting events?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk47saogI8o
Ain't I a stinker?

AirframeAS

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Quoting sq_ek_freak (Thread starter):

Don't care really. They are the host country, they can do whatever they darn want to do as they please.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

ajd1992

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 2):
Don't care really. They are the host country, they can do whatever they darn want to do as they please.

+1

And I'm a Brit!

DocLightning

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Quoting sq_ek_freak (Thread starter):

It would be very strange indeed if they weren't involved. The Royal Family values the two Princes very highly, since the current heir has been somewhat of an embarrassment.

It appears that Her Majesty is holding back on this one. Perhaps at her age, she needs to stick to a lighter schedule?
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

sq_ek_freak
Topic Author

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:50 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 4):
It would be very strange indeed if they weren't involved.

I'm in total agreement - which is why I find it intriguing that I saw all this negative reaction to the three of them taking roles in the games. People were harping on about their military careers and how they get the time off. But if they didn't take any role with the games, I feel as though these same people would be going on about how they don't contribute anything, and that they're probably off vacationing or partying elsewhere rather than being in London and supporting team GB.

The Royal Family values the two Princes very highly, since the current heir has been somewhat of an embarrassment.

Yeah I think that has become very apparent this year with the Diamond Jubilee. The lack of the larger royal presence on the balcony on the final day really sent a message that the future of the monarchy is being placed in William and Harry's hands.

It appears that Her Majesty is holding back on this one. Perhaps at her age, she needs to stick to a lighter schedule?

Perhaps a little bit of both in that yes she's getting on and has done a lot already this year with the Jubilee celebrations, and also that its a natural fit that the younger royals take on the Olympics given their sporting backgrounds, especially with Zara actually competing in the games.
Keep Discovering