Revelation
Topic Author

Obama Celebrates Ramadan In The White House!

Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:50 pm

http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/10/obamas-iftar-dinner-menu/

Quote:

Friday night President Obama will host his fourth annual Iftar dinner in the State Dining Room to celebrate the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. During Ramadan, observant Muslims fast from sunup to sundown and often break their fast with a communal Iftar dinner in the evening.

Oh my! Obama celebrating the Muslim holy month in the open, right in the State Dining Room! See, he really is a Muslim! What is this world coming to???

Quote:

The tradition of hosting an Iftar dinner at the White House began under President Clinton and has been continued by both President Bush and President Obama.

Sigh, I guess we can't use it against him...

Next!

[Edited 2012-08-11 07:02:16]
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

falstaff

RE: Obama Celebrates Ramadan In The White House!

Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:58 pm

As long as they have dinners to celebrate other religious holiday's I'm fine with it. I have participated in events that are from other religions than mine and I like it.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

comorin

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:22 pm

IFTAR!!! Yum!!   

(Iftar is the feast after sundown, for all you kaffirs!).

edit:typo

[Edited 2012-08-11 07:58:07]

Superfly

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Quoting comorin (Reply 3):
(Iftar is the feat after sundown, for all you kaffirs!).

I thought we were Infidels.  
Bring back the Concorde

Revelation
Topic Author

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 2):
We all know how awful Dubya was as President, so I guess Obama is just as bad. After-all, he only compares himself to Dubya.

Nah, he compares himself to Clinton, who was the last President to have a balanced budget, although he has questionable taste in women (Hillary, Jennifer, Monica, etc.). I'd take Michelle over any one of them. BTW, is she a closet Muslim too?

MadameConcorde

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Obama: "My Muslim Faith"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&f...ture=player_embedded&v=bMUgNg7aD8M

He said it in an interview. I doubt the voice was faked. It sounds like him.
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

mbmbos

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:00 pm

The problem is that he is the ONLY President that had Ministers arrested for praying in front of the White House on the National Day Of Prayer.

So Obama had ministers arrested? Please cite your source.

Also cite your source that proves Obama is a Muslim.

Superfly

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 7):
So Obama had ministers arrested? Please cite your source.

Yes sir!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/drake-352841-pray-washington.html
Bring back the Concorde

comorin

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 4):
I thought we were Infidels.

Oops!!! 'Kaffir' is the term for Infidels. Apologies to any who were offended.

mbmbos

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Yes sir!

And where does it say that Obama or his administration had this minister arrested?

Also, where is your link proving Obama is a Muslim?

Superfly

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Quoting comorin (Reply 9):
Oops!!! 'Kaffir' is the term for Infidels.

Just want to make sure that I'm an Infidel.  
Quoting mbmbos (Reply 10):
And where does it say that Obama or his administration had this minister arrested?

It's the opening line of the article. Obama lives in the White House.
I seriously doubt an Imam would have been treated like this.

Why bother?
Bring back the Concorde

mbmbos

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 11):

Why bother?

So you won't support either claim in any sort of serious way?

Security arrested the minister following a set of rules established for all protesters. Getting arrested for protesting is nothing new and many groups - liberal, conservative and everything in between - break rules for gathering as a group as a way to get attention for their cause. Standard operating procedure.

To pretend this man was arrested for his religious beliefs is extremely dishonest.

And those who insist Obama is a Muslim in light of all we know are either willfully ignorant or simply mendacious.

seb146

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Security told the group to move. They did not move, so they were arrested. They were NOT arrested for praying. They were not arrested by Obama himself. It was White House security who arrested them. They were arrested for not following the rules and being too close to the fence. This is not about religious freedom, as you (and the article) would have us believe. It is about a religous group breaking the rules. They were told to move and they didn't. If an Imam were told to move along and didn't, he would be arrested as well. Tell me again how Obama hates Christians?
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

Superfly

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 12):
And those who insist Obama is a Muslim in light of all we know are either willfully ignorant or simply mendacious.

Continue with the insults with those you disagree with. It really helps the discussion.
I don't need to prove anything to you and besides, we've argued this over and over again. Not sure why you're expecting a different result.
Personally, I don't like his associations and he seems very comfortable with this religious group. If he was consistent, then I'd respect that but his is not. He makes many rosy quotes from the Qu'ran but the only time I recall him quoting the Bible was when he was mocking it. Personally I am not a religious person but I see Obama to have a religious bias that I am uncomfortable with.
Bring back the Concorde

mbmbos

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 14):
I don't need to prove anything to you and besides, we've argued this over and over again.

...and yet you still won't cite any sources. And you never have. But you're content to continue smearing the President, using unfounded claims.

It seems you would like to frame this discussion as two parties who simply disagree. This isn't simply about disagreement; this is about one party in the argument who refuses to support his claim by citing facts.

Superfly

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 15):
...and yet you still won't cite any sources. And you never have.

Actually I have but after awhile, people get sick & tired of arguing. I had given you one source and you were not satisfied with it. I had been to the same fence those preachers were arrested. I seriously doubt an Imam would have been arrested in the first place. There is no way in hell that this current White House would do such a thing.

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 15):
It seems you would like to frame this discussion as two parties who simply disagree. This isn't simply about disagreement; this is about one party in the argument who refuses to support his claim by citing facts.

...and there is so much information out there for you. But of course it's so much easier to just call people "ignorant" or simply "mendacious". Why even bother wasting my time having a discussion?
Bring back the Concorde

DocLightning

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:22 pm

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 12):
Security arrested the minister following a set of rules established for all protesters. Getting arrested for protesting is nothing new and many groups - liberal, conservative and everything in between - break rules for gathering as a group as a way to get attention for their cause. Standard operating procedure.

And then they go "But we were praying! And we're Christian! You're persecuting us for being Christian!"

Next thing to happen is that a church bus will get pulled over for doing 95 MPH and some right-wing paper will say: "CHURCH BUS PULLED OVER FOR BEING CHRISTIAN"
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

FlyPNS1

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 16):
I had given you one source and you were not satisfied with it.

And no where in your "source" does it say the Obama administration ordered the arrests, no where. So you have no source.

seb146

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:29 pm

So, Obama is allegedly Muslim but he sat in a Christian church for 20 years. But, that wasn't the right flavor of Christian church.

Tell me again what the religous test is for someone to be president?

mbmbos

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Why even bother wasting my time having a discussion?

...and yet you still won't cite a source. You really don't have anything, do you?

DocLightning

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:58 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 19):

So, Obama is allegedly Muslim but he sat in a Christian church for 20 years. But, that wasn't the right flavor of Christian church.

Classic hate speech tactic, really. "He's a Muslim."

This implies: 1) All Muslims are bad. 2) Once a Muslim, always a Muslim. 3) You are a Muslim by birth or by inherent characteristic; there is no way to convert away from being a Muslim, even if you sit in a Christian church for 20 years.

Just like Hitler saying that 1) All Jews are bad. 2) Once a Jew, always a Jew 3) You are a Jew by birth and renouncing your Jewish faith means nothing.

I don't casually draw Hitler parallels, but I calls 'em when I sees 'em.

Actually I have but after awhile, people get sick & tired of arguing. I had given you one source and you were not satisfied with it.

OK. I'm still playing. Please cite the part of your source that states that Obama or his administration had anything to do with it. I will point out that no President or administration directly runs the the day-to-day operation of the physical White House, including security.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

falstaff

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Yet he continues to offend Atheist by hosting these Ramadan dinners.

The atheists I know only seem to be offended by anything Christian and nothing by any other religion. They also claim to know more about religion than the faithful, but usually don't, they just can quote a lot of bible verses they don't make sense. Nearly all of the atheists I have met are people who were raised and Christians lost their faith for some reason or another. They seem to have more of a problem with Christians than religion in general. Maybe if I was in another part of the world where Christianity isn't as common I may find more atheists who just seem to dislike their former religion.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 21):
there is no way to convert away from being a Muslim

Some Muslims would say you cannot convert. I have had several Jewish friends who say that you can't stop being a Jew because it is a race as well as a religion.

Quoting Revelation (Reply 5):
Quoting Superfly (Reply 2):We all know how awful Dubya was as President, so I guess Obama is just as bad. After-all, he only compares himself to Dubya.
Nah, he compares himself to Clinton

But he blames all of his problems on Bush.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

DocLightning

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 22):
The atheists I know only seem to be offended by anything Christian and nothing by any other religion.

Well, then meet a different one. I'm offended by any religion that preaches that subscribing to that religion makes you better than other people.

I have no problem with any religion that preaches that you should simply be a good person.

Maybe if I was in another part of the world where Christianity isn't as common I may find more atheists who just seem to dislike their former religion.

Most atheists in this country have a problem with Christianity because it is so-called "Christians" trying to ban the teaching of science in schools, abortion, birth control, gay rights (and sometimes even gay breathing), etc. So far, Muslims have not been on that bandwagon even though their religious beliefs would concur because those same "Christians" think that their religion makes them better than everyone else, especially Muslims.

I assure you have at least as big a problem with right-wing Islam, Judaism, and Hinduism. However, those religions aren't causing that much trouble in this country.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

imiakhtar

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 pm

The defining characteristic of muslims, the most important pillar, are the five daily prayers. There is a consensus amongst the scholars that if you intentionally forego your prayers then you're not a muslim. From the little I've read, Obama doesn't pray, therefore he's not a muslim.
Whatever happened to Leon Trotsky?

Rara

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Why bother?

One of two classic Superfly bailouts, the other being "give it a rest already".

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 6):
He said it in an interview. I doubt the voice was faked. It sounds like him.

Of course that's him. It's 100% clear from the video what he means by it.

How does that work - if I say "In all my life, it's never happened that I intentionally put somebody else's house on fire", you take out "[...] I intentionally put sombody else's house on fire", and suddenly I'm a convicted arsonist?   I gotta remember that one.
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

seb146

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:55 pm

The atheists I know only seem to be offended by anything Christian and nothing by any other religion.

The athiests I know are offended by religous zealots who insist on believing their way. People who believe United States is a Christian nation or that if Isreal is not bombed off the face of the earth, you must be bombed off the face of the earth as well. As a Christian, I am offended by those who hate. That would include a lot of the right-wing political people in these United States.

But he blames all of his problems on Bush.

Two wars, trillions of debt, crashed economy... .Yeah... that was all Obama....

sprout5199

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:14 am

God I really hate these posts. I need to look to see if G.W. hosted any Ramadan stuff, bet he did. Lets get to the real point of this. PRESIDENT Obama hosted a dinner for a religious group,like all presidents do, and gets flame for it. Where was the outcry when he did it for the Jews?http://www.jta.org/news/article/2012/06/07/3097621/white-house-to-host-dinner-for-peres ?

Now if Mitt would only show me his TAX returns for the past 10 years.

Dan in Jupiter

blink182

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:33 am

Quoting sprout5199 (Reply 27):
I need to look to see if G.W. hosted any Ramadan stuff, bet he did.

Yep, sure did. According to the article linked at the start of this thread, the iftar dinner was started by Clinton and continued by Bush. This happens yearly, and I don't think there has ever been any coverage until now.
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

DocLightning

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:43 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 26):
The athiests I know are offended by religous zealots who insist on believing their way. People who believe United States is a Christian nation or that if Isreal is not bombed off the face of the earth, you must be bombed off the face of the earth as well. As a Christian, I am offended by those who hate.

As an atheist, I find your religious views to be intellectually irrational. BUT I have no problem with you holding them if that's what pulls you through and makes you a better person.

I have a BIG problem when people think that their religious beliefs make them superior to others or that God will favor them because of their religious beliefs (rather than the way that they treat others).

Quoting sprout5199 (Reply 27):
Where was the outcry when he did it for the Jews?

No no no. Not allowed to be anti-Semitic in the USA. Been unfashionable since the Holocaust. By contrast, a good portion of the GOP is blatantly and openly anti-Muslim because that *IS* fashionable at the present time.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

sprout5199

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:12 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 29):
I have a BIG problem when people think that their religious beliefs make them superior to others or that God will favor them because of their religious beliefs (rather than the way that they treat others).

Doc, as a Christian, I take offense to you actually knowing why religion exists. You should be put to death as soon as the last connoisseur of 8-tracks is I.E. Superfly.

That, ladies, was a joke.

Did you like that I do know proper punctuation?

I'm sure that someone will correct me on that.

Dan in Jupiter

Geezer

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:13 am

My "source" is right on my face; they're called "eyeballs" ! If you would use your's as much as you do your keyboard, maybe you'd be able to see what everyone else sees.............namely that Obama tends to "hang out" with a lot of "creepy people";
( such as known domestic terrorists, ( think: Bill Ayres ), and radical "rabble-rousers" pretending to be "preachers"........

Here's a test: if you start "hanging around" with as many "questionable people" as Obama has (and still does), you'll start "taking heat" for it as well !

No no no. Not allowed to be anti-Semitic in the USA. Been unfashionable since the Holocaust. By contrast, a good portion of the GOP is blatantly and openly anti-Muslim because that *IS* fashionable at the present time.

Doc; Your rant about the GOP being "racist" is really wearing very thin ! (and I'm sure you already know it)

We all know who hi-jacked the planes that gave us 9-11; there were no jews among them, there were no Sikh's among them, there were no Buddhists among them............and there weren't even any Russians among them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they were ALL Muslims ! That's a hard, cold, fact ! Now.........does that PROVE that I hate all Muslims ? I'm afraid it may to some people,
( especially if they are closed-minded and want to believe that ) I don't hate Muslims; I only hate people who want to blow up MY country, and very many of those people are in fact, Muslims ! But I continue to interact with Muslims who do things I admire, such as Muneeb Mohamad, (a young man in the U.A.E.) who I consider to be a world class photographer. If I "hated" Muslims, I wouldn't have emailed him and told him how much I admire his photography.

You have heard me disagree with you about things; but you have never heard me say I "hate" any group, and you have never heard me insult you or anyone else ! All of this name-calling is so much crap ! Now, on with the discussion !

Charley
Stupidity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result; Albert Einstein

Confuscius

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:24 am

Why bother?

Superfly, I found you a link from followers of Rabbi Meir Kahane to support your claim. 
http://www.jtf.org/
http://flix.tapuz.co.il/v/watch-2449529-.html
Ain't I a stinker?

Quokkas

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:39 am

Yet he continues to offend Atheist by hosting these Ramadan dinners.

And not just dinners for Muslims but for Jews as well. Shock, horror!

On May 10, 2010, the White House issued a press release noting that on Thursday, May 27, 2010,

Quote:

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama will host the first ever White House reception in honor of Jewish American Heritage Month. The reception serves as an opportunity to highlight and celebrate the range and depth of Jewish American heritage and contributions to American culture, with guests representing the many walks of life that have helped weave the fabric of American history. Invitees include a range of community leaders and prominent Jewish Americans from Olympians and professional athletes to members of Congress, business leaders, scholars, military veterans, and astronauts.

While the proclamation of Jewish American Heritage Month had been initiated by his predecessor, Obama was the first President to introduce a special dinner in recognition of it. Should I now conclude that Obama is a secret Jew? The fact is that the President hosts all sorts of dinners for all sorts of people and events. It goes with the job.
“Not to laugh, not to cry, not to hate, but understand.” Spinoza

ltbewr

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:44 am

I appreciate President Obama's openmidedness as to faith, not just giving in to Christian absoluists including acknowlgment of those of the Islamic faith by hosting such a dinner.

Confuscius

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:51 am

Quoting GEEZER (Reply 31):

My "source" is right on my face; they're called "eyeballs" !

You just might be right...(no pun intended).  scratchchin  Hmmm...

[Edited 2012-08-11 19:53:21]
Ain't I a stinker?

seb146

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:22 am

We all know who hi-jacked the planes that gave us 9-11

Saudis and Yemenis, IIRC. Why does their nationality matter? Oh that's right... since Jews intertwine their religion with their nation it is the only thing that matters.

they were ALL Muslims

Blaming ALL Muslims for 9/11 is like blaming ALL Christians for the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq. The 9/11 hijackers used religion as a weapon to do what they believed was right. It was not.

Plus, blaming all Muslims for 9/11 is stupid and false and getting really really tired.

I find your religious views to be intellectually irrational. BUT I have no problem with you holding them if that's what pulls you through and makes you a better person.

That is exactly what I am talking about. You believe what you want. I believe what I want. That does not make either of us any less of a person and does not hurt either of us at all. If those right-wingers would just understand that.

Quoting blink182 (Reply 28):
the iftar dinner was started by Clinton and continued by Bush.

So they are both Muslim and need to be thrown in Gitmo immediately???

BMI727

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:30 am

We all know who hi-jacked the planes that gave us 9-11; there were no jews among them, there were no Sikh's among them, there were no Buddhists among them............and there weren't even any Russians among them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they were ALL Muslims !

Who parked a bomb laden truck in front of the Murrah Federal Building? It wasn't Muslims.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

Confuscius

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:39 am

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 37):
Who parked a bomb laden truck in front of the Murrah Federal Building?

....or Centennial Olympic Park...or UNiversity & Airline BOMber.

Tim McVeigh? Eric Rudolf? Ted Kaczynski?
Ain't I a stinker?

Newark727

Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:29 am

My "source" is right on my face; they're called "eyeballs" ! If you would use your's as much as you do your keyboard, maybe you'd be able to see what everyone else sees.............namely that Obama tends to "hang out" with a lot of "creepy people";
( such as known domestic terrorists, ( think: Bill Ayres ), and radical "rabble-rousers" pretending to be "preachers"........

So okay, you have the extraordinary power of detecting Muslims simply by looking at them. You can also tell by pure context-free association that Obama is exactly like these "creepy people" who are presumably also Muslim? I honestly can't tell what angle you're trying to take here other than the extremely logical one that the person elected to be the President of the United States is actually a secret Every-Bad-Thing and is trying to destroy everything America cares about by virtue of.... existing?

Doc; Your rant about the GOP being "racist" is really wearing very thin ! (and I'm sure you already know it)

Thin or not, true or not, you're doing an excellent job of proving it right. See below:

We all know who hi-jacked the planes that gave us 9-11; there were no jews among them, there were no Sikh's among them, there were no Buddhists among them............and there weren't even any Russians among them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they were ALL Muslims ! That's a hard, cold, fact ! Now.........does that PROVE that I hate all Muslims ? I'm afraid it may to some people,
( especially if they are closed-minded and want to believe that ) I don't hate Muslims; I only hate people who want to blow up MY country, and very many of those people are in fact, Muslims ! But I continue to interact with Muslims who do things I admire, such as Muneeb Mohamad, (a young man in the U.A.E.) who I consider to be a world class photographer. If I "hated" Muslims, I wouldn't have emailed him and told him how much I admire his photography.

You have heard me disagree with you about things; but you have never heard me say I "hate" any group, and you have never heard me insult you or anyone else ! All of this name-calling is so much crap ! Now, on with the discussion !

Well you're off to a great start by assuming everyone thinks the same way you do about Russians as well.

Anyway, aside from what everyone else has already pointed out about the nature of the acts of terrorism committed against the United States in the past, the religious affiliation of the 9/11 attackers inferring ANYTHING about the attitude of Islam and its practitioners toward the United States as a whole isn't just one causation fallacy, it's at least a half dozen causation fallacies stacked on top of each other like cheerleaders making a human pyramid. Furthermore, regardless of the inherent racism of the whole "I only hate people who want to blow up MY country and by the way most of them are Muslims" attitude the debate of which I will leave to another time and hopefully another poster, it's that attitude, that you can generalize the enemy by lumping them into some (largely unrelated) group, that allows the people more bigoted than yourself, the real maniacs, to gain ground. Distrust, generalization, and scapegoating. It's how you make an entire nation hate.

seb146

Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:45 am

Quoting Confuscius (Reply 38):
Tim McVeigh? Eric Rudolf? Ted Kaczynski?

ALL MUSLIMS!!! Oh, wait....

CaliAtenza

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:17 am

yeah most of the GOP is racist though; just look at the 2008 election....

something

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:17 am

Continue with the insults with those you disagree with.

You can't agree or disagree with lies, in the same way that you can't agree or disagree with facts. They're not open to interpretation.

Personally I am not a religious person but I see Obama to have a religious bias that I am uncomfortable with.

You're implying that being not anti-muslim is bad. If you think that's a tolerable attitude to have, then that my friend is something I truly strongly disagree with. Ironically, because your attitude is insulting to others you don't agree with.

I had been to the same fence those preachers were arrested. I seriously doubt an Imam would have been arrested in the first place.

Yes, the United States is notoriously hospitable and accomodating of muslims.

Just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. It makes it a ''Truthiness''.
..sick of it. -K. Pilkington.

Superfly

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:43 am

Quoting something (Reply 41):
Yes, the United States is notoriously hospitable and accomodating of muslims.

I guess we need to learn from the U.K. how to better integrate Muslims. Afterall it seems to be working sooooo well in your country.  
Quoting something (Reply 41):
your attitude is insulting to others you don't agree with.

Now I'm offended.   

Quoting Newark727 (Reply 38):
So okay, you have the extraordinary power of detecting

Nah, he just has the ability to call a spade a spade.

Quoting Confuscius (Reply 31):
Superfly, I found you a link from followers of Rabbi Meir Kahane to support your claim.

LOL!         

Quoting Quokkas (Reply 32):
And not just dinners for Muslims but for Jews as well. Shock, horror!

When is Obama gonna host a Players Ball?   
Then I'll feel like I'm being represented.
Bring back the Concorde

Revelation
Topic Author

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 28):
As an atheist, I find your religious views to be intellectually irrational. BUT I have no problem with you holding them if that's what pulls you through and makes you a better person.

Speaking of lumping diverse groups togethere, good job of characterizing all religious people as desperate people needing to be "pulled through" life by their "irrational" beliefs!

Quoting GEEZER (Reply 30):

Well if your "eyeballs" are telling you that, may I suggest you get your "eyelids" examined, since they seem to be closed more than half the time?

See, you have all the facts right there, but just aren't making the connection.

Let me try to see if you can make the connection:

Just because SOME Muslims are terrorists, it doesn't mean ALL Muslims are terrorists, not by far, which means it has NOTHING to do with the Muslim faith!

SOME Muslims twist their faith to justify terrorism, but that does NOT say anything about the Muslim faith, it says something about those particular Muslims!

Quoting Confuscius (Reply 37):
....or Centennial Olympic Park...or UNiversity & Airline BOMber.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 42):
Nah, he just has the ability to call a spade a spade.

In my experience, that expression often is used to indicate someone who is a close-minded simpleton. It takes no special "ability" to call a spade a spade, it indicates a strong lack of concern or sensitivity and in many cases, sensibility. So, I don't think you are paying anyone a compliment by using that expression.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 42):
When is Obama gonna host a Players Ball?
Then I'll feel like I'm being represented.

Too bad you missed out on the ones Clinton held!

sfbdude

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:16 pm

How many different religious dinners / recognitions / celebrations have there been in the white house under Obama or any other president?

Superfly

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 43):
In my experience, that expression often is used to indicate someone who is a close-minded simpleton. It takes no special "ability" to call a spade a spade, it indicates a strong lack of concern or sensitivity and in many cases, sensibility. So, I don't think you are paying anyone a compliment by using that expression.

That's 'your' experience. My experiences have been different. Perhaps you need more experiences.  
I show zero "concern or sensitivity" towards those that aim to kill and have zero tolerance for others with views that do not line up with their warped religious views.
Simple as that.

Too bad you missed out on the ones Clinton held!

Too bad you missed my post acknowledging that.
Bring back the Concorde

Revelation
Topic Author

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 45):
I show zero "concern or sensitivity" towards those that aim to kill and have zero tolerance for others with views that do not line up with their warped religious views.

Right, but we're talking about how others get lumped in with those that "aim to kill and have zero tolerance for others with views that do not line up with their warped religious views" because they happen to be one of (approximately) a billion and a half people who follow the world's second largest religion.

Context, my friend, context!

Simple as that.

Glad your world is so simple. Mine has lots more grey in it than it does black or white.

mbmbos

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Too bad you missed my post acknowledging that.

We missed your post citing the evidence Obama is actually a Muslim too. Where is it?

Superfly

Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 46):
because they happen to be one of (approximately) a billion and a half people who follow the world's second largest religion.

I don't care.
It's not incumbent on a US President to 'reach out', appease and apologize to any religious group. The burden is on the peace loving one's to prove to the rest of the world that they're not on board with terrorist.
Hosting dinners will not solve the problem.

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 47):
Where is it?

At a bunch of right-wing sites you wouldn't approve of.
Bring back the Concorde

DocLightning

Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Nope, the GOP's anti-Islam behavior is wearing thin.

We all know who hi-jacked the planes that gave us 9-11; there were no jews among them, there were no Sikh's among them, there were no Buddhists among them............and there weren't even any Russians among them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they were ALL Muslims !

And all those right-wing terrorists in the US, like the one who shot up the Sikh temple and the one that blew up that Federal Building in OKC? ALL Christians! That's a cold, hard fact! I don't hate Christians. I just hate the ones who want to blow up/shoot up our country! And the ones who want to pass laws outlawing my very existence.

Great. Where were we now?

Speaking of lumping diverse groups togethere, good job of characterizing all religious people as desperate people needing to be "pulled through" life by their "irrational" beliefs!

I'm terribly sorry if you're offended by my view of religion, but there it is. I can agree to disagree. You can find my atheism irrational (although it's not, by logical definition). I'm willing to let you.

Do you know why? Because I'm an American, too. And I have freedom OF religion and freedom FROM religion if I so choose. And so if you want to believe in a magical man in the sky who loves you and who will punish you if you're bad, then you go do that and don't bother me about it. I don't need it, and I won't bother you about it. And if you want to be offended by my view of your religion, you go and be offended. Knock yourself out.

Meanwhile, I'll continue my work providing medical care to underserved kids and spending my off time homing homeless dogs because I don't need religion to remind me to be a good man.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan