Season's starting today and I couldn't be more excited. Here are my predictions for the upcoming season.
1. Manchester United - I hate them, but RVP is the best striker in the league and he will make the difference in a very, very close race.
2. Manchester City - It will be very, very close, but I don't think they will edge ManU with RVP.
3. Chelsea - Much improved compared to last year and they made a lot of good signings, but I don't think they're at the level of the two Manchester clubs. It all depends on Torres.
4. Tottenham - They're going to lose Modric, but I think he was vastly overrated anyways. They really need a striker, though. They're a fairly solid team overall.
18. Wigan - I love Roberto Martinez, but he won't be able to pull off any more miracles. They never deserved to be in the EPL to begin with.
19. Norwich - Paul Lambert's departure will have a big impact.
20. Southampton - Not enough quality and they moved up too fast. Kinda reminds me of Derby County a few years back.
RVP! He's in the form of his life and he seems to have gotten over his injury woes. By far the best striker in the game and he will get so many opportunities with Valencia, Nani, Young and even Rooney setting him up.
-I'm watching the Liverpool-WBA game and the 'Pool looks brutal. I don't think Brendan Rogers is good enough to lead them to the top four. Suarez and Carroll won't score the goals they need to compete.
-I'm not convinced with Arsenal's new signings. I think Wenger's lost the plot and they've become a selling club. Looks like Alex Song is on his way out, too. RVP'S absence will be felt. Maybe 5th place.
-QPR has a chance to get relegated. I can't stand Mark Hughes and his cocky attitude and he had a really close call last year. Not convinced their new signings will make all the much of a difference. I don't know by Hughes is so highly rated by so many pundits.
-I don't think Newcastle will be as good as they were last year. All depends on how Demba Ba and Pappis Cisse play. Ba really faded in the second half of the season. They'll probably make the top eight, though.
-If Tevez has his head on straight, he could be the player of the season. I just don't think he can, though.
[Edited 2012-08-18 08:47:14]