BestWestern

Romney: "No One's Ever Asked To See My Birth Cert"

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Why is he raising this? Whats he thinking? I never thought romney was a birther.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...es-asked-for-my-birth-certificate/
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

mbmbos

RE: Romney: "No One's Ever Asked To See My Birth Cert"

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:07 pm

As much as I despise the over-privileged liar, I don't think it's anything more than him trying to make an off-the-cuff joke. Which he shouldn't do because he's just not funny and his attempts to be funny almost always end as terrible gaffes.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

casinterest

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:10 pm

It was only an issue for Obama due to the Racist Birthers. No one is really going to raise it for Mitt.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

Superfly

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 1):
I don't think it's anything more than him trying to make an off-the-cuff joke.

he's just not funny and his attempts to be funny almost always end as terrible gaffes.

I thought it was funny. 
Joe Biden is much funnier though.
Bring back the Concorde

srbmod

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:34 pm

No one's ever asked to see his because everyone assumed that he was hatched.....   

Superfly

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Quoting srbmod (Reply 4):
No one's ever asked to see his because everyone assumed that he was hatched.....

LOL!   

Is Mitt Romney's social security number a Michigan one or one of those Connecticut issued ones?
Bring back the Concorde

2707200X

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:43 pm

I may not like Mitt very much "okay pretty much not at all" on politics but I have no doubts on his citizenship, I will give him that unlike those on the other end.
"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield Sea-Fever

StarAC17

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:53 pm

I don't think it's anything more than him trying to make an off-the-cuff joke. Which he shouldn't do because he's just not funny and his attempts to be funny almost always end as terrible gaffes.

I don't think Romney should try and joke about anything, as he has no Charisma what so ever. Even GWB has more than him, he is just a boring person IMO.

Saying that, it should not matter when electing a president but the so called "Brew Test" has picked the last 7 elections in the US, so people do vote that way.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

Superfly

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:05 pm

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 7):
it should not matter when electing a president but the so called "Brew Test" has picked the last 7 elections in the US, so people do vote that way.

You're right and it's a silly way of selecting a President.
You're also right about Romney having no charisma at all. Yes he is a very boring candidate but that wont stop me from voting for him.
I'd rather have a beer with Mitt Romney because then I would have won in challenging his wacky Mormon beliefs.   
I'd have to mouth off to a police officer and refuse to show ID in order to get treated to a beer with Obama.  
Bring back the Concorde

StarAC17

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 8):
You're right and it's a silly way of selecting a President.

It is and I think it says a lot more about the US electorate at large.

You're also right about Romney having no charisma at all. Yes he is a very boring candidate but that wont stop me from voting for him.

As it shouldn't, I'm sure you voted for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004 and they are boring also.

I'd rather have a beer with Mitt Romney because then I would have won in challenging his wacky Mormon beliefs.   

Good one!!
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

casinterest

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:24 pm

I'll buy the beer if this ever happens.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

smittyone

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 3):

Absolutely, IMO a national treasure when it comes to gaffes. You'd almost think he was doing it on purpose.

Superfly

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 9):
It is and I think it says a lot more about the US electorate at large.

That's the damn truth!
I've met so many women that are voting for Obama simply because they think he's "cute"!  Wow!
WTF?!?!

As it shouldn't, I'm sure you voted for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004 and they are boring also.

Yes I did. I'm still pissed about the Supreme Court decision in favor of Dubya in 2000.
I think the world would have been a safer place if Gore became the President.

Good one!!

Haha!
Kind of like Grace Slick wanting to lace President Nixon's coffee with LSD.
That would have been a riot to see Nixon on acid!

Quoting casinterest (Reply 10):
I'll buy the beer if this ever happens.

Make that a Red Hook - double black stout that's brewed with Starbucks coffee.
He'd then be drinking alcohol and drinking caffeine which are both a no no in his religion.
Bring back the Concorde

Ken777

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:54 pm

I don't think it's anything more than him trying to make an off-the-cuff joke.

I think the guy is enough of a dud to deliver that line with the Birthers in mind.

For many it was about as welcome as a fart in an elevator, but the Birthers will love it.

Actually he would make his low cal, alcohol free and would have spent the time with you as a mission effort. He wants BOTH your vote and tithe for the church.

D L X

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:07 pm

Not a Romney supporter, but neither am I a Romney hater.

I thought the joke was funny.

"I love coming back here. I get to eat at Zingermans... I get to ride the Detroit Monorail... No one asks about my birth certificate...."

Exactly the kind of line you'd expect to hear at the Correspondents' Dinner, for instance.

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 12):
I've met so many women that are voting for Obama simply because they think he's "cute"!

If there were ever an argument for repeal of the 19th Amendment, this is it. It goes back as far as I can remember; women voting for a candidate based solely on his physical appearance.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

mt99

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:14 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 14):
"I love coming back here. I get to eat at Zingermans... I get to ride the Detroit Monorail... No one asks about my birth certificate...."

I agree.. Cute joke. Good for a good natured chuckle

Will he follow with : " No one has asked me for my Tax Returns!" - now THAT would make me fall off my chair.
Step into my office, baby

akiss20

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 15):
I've met so many women that are voting for Obama simply because they think he's "cute"!

If there were ever an argument for repeal of the 19th Amendment, this is it. It goes back as far as I can remember; women voting for a candidate based solely on his physical appearance.

How is this any different than the "brew test"? Both are equally idiotic reasons to vote for a candidate.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

Aesma

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Too much joking is not a good idea for politicians. François Hollande is well known for cracking jokes at every opportunity, often good ones, and specially acerbic ones at the beginning of the campaign, but as it went along his people told him to tone it down to look more serious and "presidential".
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

CPH-R

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Bad attempt at an off-the-cuff remark. Of course, it doesn't help that the RNC is coming up, and that two prominent birthers are speaking there...

GuitrThree

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 16):
I agree.. Cute joke. Good for a good natured chuckle

Will he follow with : " No one has asked me for my Tax Returns!" - now THAT would make me fall off my chair.

That would be the ultimate response. If Obama says this I'm giving you the credit!

But love him or hate him, Rush Limbaugh came up with a great line today... He said he finally realized why Obama kept slamming Romney to provide his tax returns...

Limbaugh said "Obama wants to show his voters what a tax form looked like!"

Gotta admit, that was a good one when you're looking at it in a funny joking way.
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

seb146

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 20):
He said he finally realized why Obama kept slamming Romney to provide his tax returns...

That would be funny if it were true.....

Here we go again:

The Republican governer of Hawaii released both the legal short form and legal long form birth certificate for Barak Obama. No one but no one to the right of him liked or believed it. But, it is out there for all to see.

Unlike Romney's tax returns...
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

Mir

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:54 pm

As much as I despise the over-privileged liar, I don't think it's anything more than him trying to make an off-the-cuff joke.

If it were really an off-the-cuff joke, he'd have made sure to point that out. Which I'm not aware he did. So one can conclude that, whether Romney actually believes Obama was born in the US or not, the statement was intended for some political gain.

Though I suppose the other conclusion one could draw is that Romney is a complete idiot, as he disregarded his own well-publicized "take the higher ground" campaign tactic and gave the Democrats something with which to associate himself with the extreme lunatic elements of the Republican party, at a time when there has been no shortage of lunatic elements of the Republican party coming out of the woodwork. I'm sure his campaign staffers are jumping for joy now that they have to spend time and energy downplaying this when they should be focusing on all the positive stuff they're trying to bring out for next week.

If there were ever an argument for repeal of the 19th Amendment, this is it.

Are you suggesting there's an argument for repeal of the 19th Amendment?

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

LMP737

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:43 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 22):
associate himself with the extreme lunatic elements of the Republican party, at a time when there has been no shortage of lunatic elements of the Republican party coming out of the woodwork.

Unfortanetly the lunatic fringe of the GOP seems to be holding greater and greater sway within the party.

Gotta admit, that was a good one when you're looking at it in a funny joking way.

Ah yes the talk radio/Fox News talking point about how a certain percentage of the US population does not pay income tax and how they should be made to becasue they have it oh so good.  
Make that a Red Hook - double black stout that's brewed with Starbucks coffee.
He'd then be drinking alcohol and drinking caffeine which are both a no no in his religion.

Then make him wear Spiderman boxer shorts.  
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

ltbewr

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:49 am

Mitt Romney stated that both he and his wife were born and raised in Detroit, Michigan and the area. I think that this was a deliberate statement. It was to tie him to a more typical Midwestern background of the majority of voters and doesn't have to prove it, while Pres. Obama was born in the then new state of Hawaii and spent childhood years in a foreign and mostly Islamic land as well as exotic Hawaii, a place very different in style, ethnic diversity than 'mainland', Midwestern America.

In effect, Romney was saying he was the 'real American' born and raised, unlike Pres. Obama. It has racist undertones as well.

I bet if Pres. Obama's mother and/or his birth father were still alive, all this stupid birther crap would have never been brought up.

LMP737

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:00 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 24):
I bet if Pres. Obama's mother and/or his birth father were still alive, all this stupid birther crap would have never been brought up.

It would probably be worse. They would be hounding his parents as well.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

something

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:53 am

He doesn't write his speeches himself and he needs to get the things he says approved. The ''no one's ever asked me for my birth certificate'' part was him ad-libbing off the script, overcome by emotion.

He doesn't believe in the birther jokes, but he doesn't trust or like Obama. Both becomes abundantly clear from this sentence alone. If he really thought Obama was the secret muslim terrorist satanist Kenyan he would have opened with that. But this is just him choosing unfortunate wording to express his distrust of Obama, in the sense of a Freudian slip.

When asked about this in the future, his advisors will tell him to affirm that he is a proud American, with a strong sense of patriotism and that he is proud to be from there; and when asked about Obama he will keep things vague and add that something along the lines of ''...if he can produce his birth certificate''. Like it's never happened. But what do facts mean to Republicans these days?

This was situation means nothing and it's being entirely over analyzed.

On a related note, I find it rather amusing that Superfly in this thread critisizes the American public for voting characters rather than competence, while doing the exact same thing. In the true spirit of the Republican party.

[Edited 2012-08-24 18:58:24]
..sick of it. -K. Pilkington.

Revelation

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:04 am

As much as I despise the over-privileged liar, I don't think it's anything more than him trying to make an off-the-cuff joke. Which he shouldn't do because he's just not funny and his attempts to be funny almost always end as terrible gaffes.

Indeed. Some have said:

Romney: "Devoid Of Charm, Offensive And A Wazzock" (by Revelation Jul 27 2012 in Non Aviation)

Quoting srbmod (Reply 4):

He's just too boring to care where his gilded Faberge Egg was hatched.

Quoting 2707200X (Reply 6):
I may not like Mitt very much "okay pretty much not at all" on politics but I have no doubts on his citizenship, I will give him that unlike those on the other end.

Speaking in code, aren't we?

Ahh, gonna leave the Thai sanctuary and run the TSA gauntlet just to cast a losing vote - how noble!

But love him or hate him, Rush Limbaugh came up with a great line today... He said he finally realized why Obama kept slamming Romney to provide his tax returns...

I'm still trying to see how a mufti-millionaire gets by paying 12% without paying Medicare and Social Security while his relatively poor running mate is coughing up 28% plus Medicare and Social Security.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 24):
In effect, Romney was saying he was the 'real American' born and raised, unlike Pres. Obama. It has racist undertones as well.

Indeed, more GOP "dog whistles" - everyone knows what he's saying, without him saying it...
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

Pyrex

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:50 am

Quoting casinterest (Reply 2):
It was only an issue for Obama due to the Racist Birthers. No one is really going to raise it for Mitt.

Actually, plenty of people have said Mitt Romney is not a natural born citizen because his father was born in Mexico. Same with McCain, being born on the Panama Canal Zone.

Well, you do still see people parroting around in t-shirts with the picture of the Narcissist in Chief (the only U.S. politician in recent memory to promote a cult of personality) so what would you expect?

That would be the ultimate response. If Obama says this I'm giving you the credit!

Damn it, I was going to respond with...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DYje57V_BY

Quoting Revelation (Reply 27):
I'm still trying to see how a mufti-millionaire gets by paying 12% without paying Medicare and Social Security

Capital gains tax rate, his main source of income, is 15% (and pays no Social Security as it is not income). Add in a few muni bonds, a few charitable donations, and presto, voila - it's easy, you get 12%. But of course, you knew that, you were just trying to beat a dead horse.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

seb146

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:58 am

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 28):
plenty of people have said Mitt Romney is not a natural born citizen because his father was born in Mexico. Same with McCain, being born on the Panama Canal Zone.

Ah. I see... When a rich white guy does it, everything is fine. Nothing to see here. Move along.

First you say:

his main source of income,

Then you say:

pays no Social Security as it is not income

So, Capital Gains is his source of income which should be taxed, but Capital Gains is not his income so it should not be taxed. Make up your mind.

Geezer

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:58 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 29):
So, Capital Gains is his source of income which should be taxed, but Capital Gains is not his income so it should not be taxed. Make up your mind.

Oh Seb, your obvious complete lack of knowledge about how capital gains is taxed is mind boggling ! ( Call the IRS and have them explain it to you..........

Quoting Superfly (Reply 3):
I thought it was funny. 

Larry, if you think "Joe" is funny, just wait till he gets in the "debate ring" with Paul Ryan ! Now that will be "funny" !
Stupidity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result; Albert Einstein

Superfly

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:18 am

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 13):
and would have spent the time with you as a mission effort. He wants BOTH your vote and tithe for the church.

Yet he has never done that in business or in politics.

Quoting something (Reply 26):
I find it rather amusing that Superfly in this thread critisizes the American public for voting characters rather than competence, while doing the exact same thing. In the true spirit of the Republican party.

Huh?
What are you talking about?
Besides, it was StarAC17 that criticized the American public's reasoning for picking a candidate. I just agreed with him and I'm not sure why you're singling out the Republican Party.
I vote for candidates that I feel with do a good job and share my beliefs. I could careless what a candidate looks like.

Quoting Revelation (Reply 27):
Ahh, gonna leave the Thai sanctuary and run the TSA gauntlet just to cast a losing vote - how noble!

Ever heard of an absentee ballot?

Quoting AKiss20 (Reply 17):
How is this any different than the "brew test"? Both are equally idiotic reasons to vote for a candidate.

Then there are those Obama supporters that thought he was going to pay their mortgage and put gas in their car.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc

Quoting GEEZER (Reply 30):
Larry, if you think "Joe" is funny, just wait till he gets in the "debate ring" with Paul Ryan ! Now that will be "funny" !

THAT will be very entertaining.

Quoting LMP737 (Reply 23):
Then make him wear Spiderman boxer shorts.

No!   
I do NOT want to see Mitt Romney in his underwear.
Watching a lightweight like him get drunk would be funny as most lightweights are hilarious when they're $h!tface drunk.   

But of course, you knew that, you were just trying to beat a dead horse.

Bring back the Concorde

smittyone

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:07 am

If every presidential candidate for the last hundred years was female, I imagine you would see the same behavior among men.

Unless you are trying to say that men only "consider the issues" in the presence of an attractive lady. Bwhahahahahahaha!

Well, you do still see people parroting around in t-shirts with the picture of the Narcissist in Chief (the only U.S. politician in recent memory to promote a cult of personality) so what would you expect?

I'd expect our guest from Portugal to hold his tongue about the President of his host country.

Pyrex

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 29):

It is his source of income because that is what he lives off (pretty sure he could not have any income and just withdraw on his balances for the rest of his life, though). It is not considered income for tax purposes, and hence taxed at a different rate, because, unlike wages who can only be positive or zero, capital gains can be very much negative.

Oh, and if you are sitting on your mom's basement on e-Trade the whole day thinking you can live off of day-trading while getting knocked around by the bid-ask spread, you do pay SHORT-TERM capital gains tax rate, which is same as income.

Oh, that is going to be painful to watch. I can only imagine what some TV "moderators" are already doing to try to not show Biden in too bad of a light. I would say this would be the first VP debate to focus exclusively on the weather and college football, but with Biden I am not sure even those topics are safe.

Quoting SmittyOne (Reply 32):
I'd expect our guest from Portugal to hold his tongue about the President of his host country.

No, you don't, you just don't like it because my opinion doesn't match yours. If I was an America-hating self-centered Euro-trash, like so many Europeans are even after living several years in what they think passes off as the U.S. (NYC or LA) you would be fine with it.

Oh, and that personality cult is not exclusive to the U.S., btw. I remember I was in New Zealand when Obama was inaugurated and they made a huge deal out of it - I happened to go out to a bar that night and they were even handing out free hot-dogs and hamburger sliders (their idea of American food) to celebrate.

falstaff

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Same with McCain, being born on the Panama Canal Zone.

That was a big deal too. There were a lot of Evangelical Republicans who claimed they would never vote for McCain. Many of them spouted off that he wasn't a real American either. I would bet that if he won the 2008 there would be a lot of people on the left using the Panama Canal Zone thing against him.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 31):
Then there are those Obama supporters that thought he was going to pay their mortgage and put gas in their car.

There was just a scam in Detroit where scammers were calling people in Detroit and telling them Barrack Obama was going to pay there back utility bills. The scammers got hundreds people's personal information. I can't believe anyone is foolish enough to think Obama will pay their utility bills. The newspaper made it a point to say that the people were told Obama was going to pay their bills, not the government or Democratic party.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

seb146

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:21 pm

your obvious complete lack of knowledge about how capital gains is taxed is mind boggling
Quoting Pyrex (Reply 33):
It is his source of income because that is what he lives off

So, he has income like the rest of us. Difference is, he gets to pay a lower rate because he sits on his bum waiting for the checks to roll in while the rest of us pay higher rates because we contribute to society? Explain why he uses the same roads and police we use but he pays less for using the same services?

Mir

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 34):
I would bet that if he won the 2008 there would be a lot of people on the left using the Panama Canal Zone thing against him.

The only problem I had with the Panama Canal Zone thing was the argument that Republicans were making about Guantanamo Bay at the time - since it wasn't US soil, US laws didn't apply. You can't have the Panama Canal Zone be US soil, but have Guantanamo Bay not be.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

smittyone

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:11 pm

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 33):
No, you don't, you just don't like it because my opinion doesn't match yours. If I was an America-hating self-centered Euro-trash, like so many Europeans are even after living several years in what they think passes off as the U.S. (NYC or LA) you would be fine with it.

It amazes me, the degree to which you are not only impertinent but wrong as well. Your mouth is far bigger than your ability to make sound assumptions.

I actually agree with your assessment of Mr. Obama's "cult of personality" strategy. It's obvious to anyone who has walked by a street vendor in Washington, DC. But I take exception to you calling the President of the United States disrespectful names like "Narcissist in Chief" while you are enjoying the privilege of staying here. Regardless of who the President is.

If you have a problem with the way we're governing our country you are free to leave. If not I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself.

[Edited 2012-08-25 12:23:17]

bjorn14

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Yeah, well tell that to the audience who erupted with laughter after he said it.

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 13):
For many it was about as welcome as a fart in an elevator, but the Birthers will love it.

What I find curious is how the Left sees these people as 'crazy birthers' but yet contine to respond to them with venemous vitrol. If they're wearing tinfoil hats then let them be and they will implode. By continiung to respond to them the Left only continues to legitimize them. You leave the crazy aunt locked in the attic.

women voting for a candidate based solely on his physical appearance.

Just like picking teams based on their uniform colors.

Same with McCain, being born on the Panama Canal Zone.

McCain was not born in the PCZ, he was born at the public hospital in Colon about 1.5K from the PCZ

This might be entering PPV territory.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

bjorn14

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Apparently Romney's birther 'joke' got under Obama's very, very thin skin.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm.../08/25/Team-Obama-Birther-In-Chief
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

2707200X

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 pm

The more right wing hate merchants spread spread stupid lies disguised as conservative facts the more I am compelled to vote for Barack Obama so poor children don't have to die because they where not fortunate enough to be born to a millionaire.

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 39):
Apparently Romney's birther 'joke' got under Obama's very, very thin skin.

Well at least John McCain who served his country unlike Mitt had the courage to denounce birtherism that the hate merchants on your side where/are spreading about Obama, Mitt just speaks out of both sides of his mouth, he does not have the courage to stand up to all the crazies on the far-right.

And on birther-in-chief Romney's comments and on his thin skin. Obama has had to put up with well over four years with all the accusations of false birth certificates, illegitimacy and all the bat crap that the right wing has to give because the man in the White House does not fit the angry white 65 y/o tea party narrative of what America should be. Mitt Romney would melt in minutes in the face of what you and the far right have throw at Obama for the last 4 + years.

[Edited 2012-08-26 15:19:33]
"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield Sea-Fever

seb146

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:55 pm

Here's what I don't get:

When crazy on the right says X, that statement was taken out of context and what s/he really ment was Y or Z. But, when anyone center or percieved left says A, that is exactly what the entire center/left mean because they are all radicals and it means nothing else because the center/left are a bunch of American hating terrorists who want to shred the Constitution.

It is the same narrative every single time.

illinoisman

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:08 pm

Anyone catch Chris Matthews exploding at Reince Priebus today?

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/msnbc/c...thews-goes-ham-national-television

The MSNBC host was livid over Mitt Romney's birth certificate joke. Later when Priebus alleged that Obama was looking at European policies for guidance, Matthews lost it again. If you ask me: Chris Mathews no longer able to reasonably defend Obama’s record and policies resorts to yelling over others, shouts them down, and smears them with the race card.

BestWestern

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Quoting IllinoisMan (Reply 42):
The MSNBC host was livid over Mitt Romney's birth certificate joke. Later when Priebus alleged that Obama was looking at European policies for guidance, Matthews lost it again.

So when someone is annoyed with Romny over what he did...

Chris Mathews no longer able to reasonably defend Obama’s record and policies resorts to yelling over others, shouts them down, and smears them with the race card.

It's Obamas fault?

I love it!
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

helvknight

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:40 am

In the case of Mittens, I don't particularly care about his birth certificate but I think we should see his EULA.

Also a few tax returns wouldn't go amiss. Say 12 years worth like his dad.
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member - Groucho Marx

MadameConcorde

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:05 am

I like neither Rombama(s)

They are two different versions of the same.

If I was a U.S.A. voter, I would definitely vote for a third party candidate.

[Edited 2012-08-28 04:17:54]
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

Pyrex

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Quoting helvknight (Reply 44):
Also a few tax returns wouldn't go amiss.

Why? To satisfy you? Is that really going to make you vote for Romney, or just give press commentators ammunition to fill up space for weeks allowing the focus to become off the failure of Obama's policies?

Quoting helvknight (Reply 44):
Say 12 years worth like his dad.

So, just because his dad indulged in the U.S.'s ridiculous obsession with OPM (Other People's Money) he should too as well? That is rich, coming from a guy from a country who basically exists only because of banking secrecy.

Superfly

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 34):
There was just a scam in Detroit where scammers were calling people in Detroit and telling them Barrack Obama was going to pay there back utility bills. I can't believe anyone is foolish enough to think Obama will pay their utility bills.

Given the intellect of a lot of Obama supporters, I'm not surprised at all and it is plausible that Obama would suggest such a program. He is already proposed a mortgage bailout and new a student loan debt forgiveness if you get a job with the government.

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 45):
They are two different versions of the same.

MadameConcorde my friend, they are different. The difference between Romney and Obama is like the difference between gonorrhea and AIDS. At least one of them is curable.
I'm not a huge Romney fan but I am very enthusiastic about the possibility of kicking Obama out of the White House. If Romney sucks as President, we'll just have to throw him out as well in 2016. Obama has had his opportunity and has used the crisis he inherited from Dubya as an excuse to expand government entitlements that will be very difficult to reverse.
Not wasting my vote on a 3rd party candidate because we can't afford 4 more years of Obama.

Chris Mathews no longer able to reasonably defend Obama’s record and policies resorts to yelling over others, shouts them down, and smears them with the race card.

Chris Matthews is not fit for the job and is very dangerous. I say that because his behavior is consistent with Obama supporters on the street. He is giving the green light to the childish behavior of the Obama supporters. If you criticize him, people go in to shock and rage and start shouting you down. I never have seen this in any election before.

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 46):
That is rich, coming from a guy from a country who basically exists only because of banking secrecy.

Bring back the Concorde

MadameConcorde

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 47):
I'm not a huge Romney fan but I am very enthusiastic about the possibility of kicking Obama out of the White House.

Friend Superfly... you have a good point there!

There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

seb146

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 45):
If I was a U.S.A. voter, I would definitely vote for a third party candidate.

Many of us want to vote third party because we want to get the corporatocracy out of politics. The two major political parties are one-in-the-same anymore. But, they have so much power that voting for a third party means nothing.

Given the intellect of a lot of Obama supporters

That's it... They don't agree with you, they are stupid. Typical right-wing thought.

If Romney sucks as President, we'll just have to throw him out as well in 2016. Obama has had his opportunity and has used the crisis he inherited from Dubya as an excuse to expand government entitlements that will be very difficult to reverse.

Sounds great! Let's let Romney take everything away from Wal-Mart workers and mothers who work two jobs with zero benefits and senior citizens! What a great idea! Then, elect someone in 2016 who will just keep doing that! Wonderful!

Chris Matthews is not fit for the job and is very dangerous.

Neither is Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, Drudge....

If you criticize him, people go in to shock and rage and start shouting you down. I never have seen this in any election before.

Sounds like every right-winger I have tried to talk to since 1997....