varigb707
Topic Author

Instagram: Is It Worth Using It?

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:48 pm

I have debating whether I should use Instagram or not. My only concern about it is :
Instagram can :
View photos of the people you follow
Like and Comment on photos, up to even posting on my behalf
Follow and Unfollow other users
See your followers and following
Browse popular photos/tags/users
Get your RSS feeds
Other than that, it seems to be a cool App. So, what d'yall think?

Thanks
First, I said 'hey' and then I said 'now'. "Hey Now!" - Hank K.

ajd1992

RE: Instagram: Is It Worth Using It?

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:50 pm

I have it but I never use it. If you're just into taking photos then use the Camera - if you want to follow people then it's sort of useful but you can only use it on the iPod/iPad/iPhone, there's no web interface.

airtrainer

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 pm

I've been using this app for a while and I find it pretty addictive, I love it !
Life is short : eat dessert first !

canoecarrier

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:34 pm

It can be a cool app. But, in my opinion it's one of the most overused apps people use on Facebook. I have it, but rarely use it. There are many ways to edit/share a photo you take.

[Edited 2012-08-27 14:42:31 by srbmod]
The beatings will continue until morale improves

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:54 pm

Tried it. Didn't see the point, really; other photo editing apps have far more features, and if I want to share my photos via social networking sites I can do that. Why do I need something that's an "all in one" when it doesn't do either one particularly well?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

sturmovik

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:33 am

I have nothing against the app itself, but the users are extremely annoying. Adding filters to a crappy pic of the slice of toast you had in the morning does not make it a work of art, nor does it make you a photographer. Mini-rant over.  
'What's it doing now?'

Alias1024

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Quoting sturmovik (Reply 9):

I have nothing against the app itself, but the users are extremely annoying. Adding filters to a crappy pic of the slice of toast you had in the morning does not make it a work of art, nor does it make you a photographer.

This

It seems like the major use of instagram is for people to edit pictures of their breakfast or new profile pics of themselves before posting them to facebook.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.