cruiseshipcrew
Topic Author

Moving To Las Vegas In Three Days, Question!

Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm moving to Las Vegas and Wednesday I get the keys to my apartment. This is my first real apartment away from the parents and I'm doing everything from scratch. I'm making a list of needed items that I might not normally think to get until its needed (flashlight, batteries etc) and was curious if anyone had any suggestions for items I might not think of off the top of my head? Thanks!

James
Road Warrior

Stealthz

RE: Moving To Las Vegas In Three Days, Question!

Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Well, given the cruiseshipcrew thing you might want to find a new line of work, Lake Mead may be amanmade wonder but an ocean it isn't!!!
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

Revelation

Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Quoting cruiseshipcrew (Thread starter):
I'm making a list of needed items that I might not normally think to get until its needed (flashlight, batteries etc) and was curious if anyone had any suggestions for items I might not think of off the top of my head?

Condoms? 
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

ScarletHarlot

Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Toilet plunger, kitchen sponges, cleaning sponges (do NOT use one set of sponges for both kitchen and non-kitchen!!), toilet brush, an all-purpose cleaner like Mr. Clean, can opener, bottle opener, corkscrew, food storage containers, a good airtight garbage can, garbage bags, a laundry basket, cutting boards, sealed canisters for dry goods like sugar (keeps them fresher longer and stops bugs etc. from getting into them), vacuum bags if your vacuum uses bags, hand soap (in a pump bottle or a soap dish for bar soap).

One of our cousins gave us the best wedding present ever - a laundry basket full of things like the above. We were just out of school when we got married and moving 2000 miles away from home to our own first place. I still use some of the stuff she gave us on a regular basis, 17 years later!

Remember that ladies always find it impressive if a guy has a clean place. Or on the flip side, a dirty place is a real turnoff. I had a couple of guy friends who I'd make clean the toilet before I'd go over to their place.  
But that was when I ruled the world

nighthawk

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:32 pm

Imodium / Loperamide

Especially if you're going to be cooking for yourself for the first time. Nothing worse than sitting on the toilet plotting how you're going to make it to the shop and back before the next bout...  

StuckInCA

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:10 pm

First aid kit. Thermometer. Plunger.

Church key (bottle opener).

srbmod

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Weather radio. This is something that everyone should have regardless of where they live, as even in a place like Las Vegas, they are susceptible to severe weather.

A small basic tool kit. Hammer, screwdriver (I recommend one of those ratcheting ones that comes with multiple size/type bits), pliers, adjustable wrench, measuring tape, duct tape, electrical tape, various nails, screws and bolts.

Fire safe box for important documents like a passport, birth certificate, checks, etc.

stasisLAX

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:35 pm

James, I would suggest that you go to Walmart or Target and purchase one of the "starter" kitchen boxes that has a few pots and pans, dishes, and some other essential utensils for the kitchen! And enjoy Vegas!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

hOMSaR

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Toilet plunger.

The plural of Airbus is Airbuses. Airbii is not a word, and doesn't even make sense.