fxramper
Topic Author

Seal Team 6 Punished For Game Consulting.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:19 pm

The Pentagon will open their doors wide open for Kathryn Bigelow to make her film but get upset when a few Seals help make Call of Duty. Yes, I read the article and yes I recall what access & intel was given to Hollywood for the O'Dark 30 film, but this is a little silly imho.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...tedly-punished-for-secrecy-breach/

DocLightning

RE: Seal Team 6 Punished For Game Consulting.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Quoting fxramper (Thread starter):

The Pentagon will open their doors wide open for Kathryn Bigelow to make her film but get upset when a few Seals help make Call of Duty. Yes, I read the article and yes I recall what access & intel was given to Hollywood for the O'Dark 30 film, but this is a little silly imho.

It's the military. You do things according to procedure. You'd think the SEALs could have run this by their higher-ups first. That's what I do whenever I'm not absolutely sure if I'm operating in the clear at work. Then that makes the higher-up responsible, not me.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

AirframeAS

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:33 pm

It didn't stop No Easy Day from being published.......
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

StarAC17

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 1):
It's the military. You do things according to procedure. You'd think the SEALs could have run this by their higher-ups first. That's what I do whenever I'm not absolutely sure if I'm operating in the clear at work. Then that makes the higher-up responsible, not me.

If they didn't ask then they deal with the consequences, just because they are national heroes doesn't mean they are exempt from protocol.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!